I haven't told my GP I'm on LT- will pharmacist still give me the packs?

catssseyes

Team 1 all the way!
Arggghhhh! I have forgotten to get my paper stamped by GP.
I started LT last Monday, and I work Tues-Fri (Primary School teacher) so no way of getting to GP as don't get home til 6pm, and am up and out by 7am.
It's now the weekend and it's closed. I can take it in on Monday afternoon, but have to go to the pharmacy for weigh in at 9am, then have to be somewhere else so won't be free til the afternoon.
Anyway, I'm rambling, but basically want to know if I tell the pharmacist I have 'forgotten' the paper, will that be ok?
:confused:

Arggghhhh! I have forgotten to get my paper stamped by GP.
I started LT last Monday, and I work Tues-Fri (Primary School teacher) so no way of getting to GP as don't get home til 6pm, and am up and out by 7am.
It's now the weekend and it's closed. I can take it in on Monday afternoon, but have to go to the pharmacy for weigh in at 9am, then have to be somewhere else so won't be free til the afternoon.
Anyway, I'm rambling, but basically want to know if I tell the pharmacist I have 'forgotten' the paper, will that be ok?
:confused:

Catseyes, i wasn't asked by my pharmacist to get anything signed or stamped by my GP. Like lillie mentioned, all i was asked to do was fill in my surgery details. Don't panic, i'm sure you will be fine.

He gave me a letter that just told my GP that I was on this diet. They have to stamp it. He said it's just to keep the GP in the loop.

My pharmacy never even asked for my GPs details! I guess they all do it differently.

I would just explain, I think they'll be ok with it as long as 3 weeks later they still haven't got it. They obviously gave you the first weeks supply without advising the GP first so it can't be that urgent.

I also never had to get anything stamped from my GP before starting lipotrim, but they did query one of the medications that I take, to make sure it was safe for me to start lipotrim.
Cant you call the pharmacy just to double check?

just do a squiggly signature on it and say u have an old fashioned GP who dont have stamps :D

just do a squiggly signature on it and say u have an old fashioned GP who dont have stamps :D

Hahah! Will phone GP and if they are going to charge, I just might do that!

I am not on any medication at all, in good health so no reason really to tell my GP anyway. Thanks ladies!

i dont think pharmacy even asked about GP :s you should be fine. and im sure they wont refuse you LT if they havent stamped it... do the squiggle like fattylicious said

The chemist gives you a medical questionnaire to fill out an depending on your answers he will then know if you need to have a doctors consent to do the programme.

Some medical condtions call for your own doctor to supervise you while you are on the programme, this is for your own health and well being.

Lipotrim TFR is not appropriate for some medical conditions as it might interfere with medication.

It would be irresponsible and dangerous as not to declare honestly on your questionnaire and to take the chemist advice if they think you need your doctors consent.

Contraindications:

Pregnant or breast feeding women
Children
Anyone who (within previous 3 months) has had

heart attack
stroke
serious accident
operation

Anyone who suffers with
serious condition
severe kidney disease
severe depression
porphyria
anorexia nervosa or bulimia nervosa

Anyone taking the following medication:

insulin
anti-obesity drugs.

anti-coagulants
anti-arrhythmia
anti-convulsants
lithium

The following needs to be monitored by your doctor if he allows you in the first place to do TFR.

anti-hypertensives
diuretics
oral hypoglycaemics
gout prevention

The above is just a sample and there could be more reasons why it is important to comply both with answering the questionnaire and complying with your Chemist's wishes to have a doctor monitoring you as it is in the interest of your health and well being.

Admin.

This list above is taken from Dr. Alan N Howard's book The Cambridge Diet who is also the founder of the Howard Foundation Research.

It's a letter that is signed by the pharmacist, a standard letter that has 3 tick boxes. When the pharmacist gave it to me, he said, you don't need permission to go on it and you have no problems, so it's just to keep your doctor in the loop so he's aware. The 3 tick boxes say: a) needs permission to go on the diet. b)needs to be monitored by doctor... and c) just to inform you that XXX will be going on this diet and expects to lose weight.
He ticked box C. He mentioned that it was something he liked to do to keep doctors in touch with what you are doing. I assumed it was something all pharmacists do.
I have no medical conditions at all. Last time I saw my doctor it was for my check up after having my little girl, 3yrs ago.

Back