i just cant do it :(

its just so hard when your so fat :( its so stressfull i hate absolutely hate it when we have to go for lunch break :(

i struggle in the work canteen, chocolate and crisps galore.... but ignore them. you can do it, be strong

Just thought it comment back.. i havent been on here in a while.. i still feel the same .. :( your all so supportive on here though its really nice :)

Something i've learned (and i've been in exactly the same poistion as you Kirsty, in fact i've been obese all my life) is that your head really needs to be in it.

If you're doing this to satisfy other people, you're really not doing it for the right reasons. You need to be loosing weight for YOU. Don't listen to anyone - if you're ready to do this, then do it for you.

People can help you and give you all the support you need, but you need to be in the right frame of mind. Once you have that sorted, you'll find it easy to refuse those treats in lunch break.

What i would suggest is that you really figure out what you want, and then decide how you want to reach that goal.

Lots of great advice and support in this post for you Kristy. As you have already proved to yourself that eating the right food absolutely made you loose weight.

If this worked for you than ask you mum to help you again with this. Being a teenager and peer pressure is not an easy thing to get by with. However you have to be strong and not let yourself drawn to junk food.

Completely ignore BMI for now and work on your BMR . BMR means Basal Metabolic Rate, this is what you need to consume daily to keep your body ticking. How you work out your BMR is as follows:

for Women:

655 + (9.6 x wt in kg) + (1.8 x ht in cm) - (4.7 x age in yrs)

The outcome of this value will give you the calories you need to consume daily to keep your body functioning and not enter starvation mode.

The FLP programme I am on thought me how to control my food intake without compromise to my health and body needs.

Once you have your calorie number, you will have a better idea what you can eat.

Hope this really helps you.

Back