I just got a Kindle!

MancBird said:
The first 4 books I read on mine were the new Shopaholic and the 3 Millenium books... you've got great taste! ;o) xxxxx

Lol. I am really looking forward to the Millenium films! I haven't read the new Shopaholic book yet, is it as good as the others? x

SammiBeth said:
Shopaholic books are soooo funny! Wish she'd hurry up and write some more!

Have you read the other Sophie Kinsella books? I think she is a fantastic writer. I read her books so quickly thou. I am still to read her new book.

The new one is soooooo funny! Her daughter is adorable, and a proper mini-me! Would definitely recommend it xxxx

MancBird said:
The new one is soooooo funny! Her daughter is adorable, and a proper mini-me! Would definitely recommend it xxxx

Do you have it on an ereader or paperback? I was wondering where is the best place to buy for an ereader?

I've got a kindle which I bought with my birthday money back when it was released in August. Only problem I have is some cracking on the casing however other owners from launch time have experienced this and have spoken to amazon customer services and they will get a new one sent out to them. I need to so that myself, just getting round to it is the problem!

Do you have it on an ereader or paperback? I was wondering where is the best place to buy for an ereader?

I would definitely recommend the Kindle, available on Amazon.co.uk .... I LOVE mine!! xxxx

Just bought a kindle, can't wait for it to arrive!!!!

I don't have a kindle but thought it was worth mentioning that the iphone (and maybe other smartphones) can use the kindle app to read kindle books :) I've ordered a couple now from amazon (nothing too exciting - all books about nutrition and diet, and a couple of bbc recipe ones!)!

The app is fine but its not great for reading for any length of time, the kindle isnt backlit so its much kinder on your eyes

iBooks is good on iPhone? You can adjust the brightness an text size so an easy read on a small screen!! But some of the free stuff is badly formatted. BUT I've read some fabulous new stuff on there FOR FREE :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I so want a kindle :cry: I love real books too though and don't think I could ever forsake the love of looking at them on my bookshelves, so I think I would operate a dual system but have yet to work out what the rules that govern which I would by would be... well that is something I could contemplate in the waiting til I can afford a kindle time :D

What does everyone else do? Do you still buy real and e-books? Do you have a set criteria or is it all fairly random? I suppose with kindle or any e-book readers it fulfills the "I want it and I want it now *stamps foot*" urge :rotflmao:

Plus you get reflection on the iPhone....when I first got my kindle I thought the screen was a fake one with a sticker to pull off but it's all real!!! Amazing!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm a book fan, so a kindle isn't really worth the money for me. I only buy non-fiction fitness books for my iphone if I'm impatient and want to be able to look things up on the go / recipe books that aren't particularly shelf-pretty (because then it's easy when doing my food shop!). For proper reading, I don't think I'd ever be happy with a kindle because I'm an aesthete when it come to books, I like the feel and appearance of them and pick my classics based on publisher / appearance of book - I used to have my books sent to the reading room that had the most beautiful books at university - even if they were totally unrelated to what I was reading! That said, my friends who have kindles LOVE them! But it really depends on you :)

I'm a book fan, so a kindle isn't really worth the money for me. I only buy non-fiction fitness books for my iphone if I'm impatient and want to be able to look things up on the go / recipe books that aren't particularly shelf-pretty (because then it's easy when doing my food shop!). For proper reading, I don't think I'd ever be happy with a kindle because I'm an aesthete when it come to books, I like the feel and appearance of them and pick my classics based on publisher / appearance of book - I used to have my books sent to the reading room that had the most beautiful books at university - even if they were totally unrelated to what I was reading! That said, my friends who have kindles LOVE them! But it really depends on you :)

I said sooo much of that in my pre Kindle days but now, I wouldnt be without it :)

I said sooo much of that in my pre Kindle days but now, I wouldnt be without it :)

me tooooo!!!! but after reading the reviews on amazon (i won mine and was considering just ebaying it!!) i thought...well what the hell...

some reviews said that if you were a true lover of reading you'll quickly get over what you're reading your book on and "get" the kindle. in some parts true, in some parts, completed untrue. Like say, I can't get my head around reading off my laptop/iPhone, but something about the Kindle they have just got it spot on.

I love my kindle, it's truly fabulous. I get so many free books, and texts books are so much cheaper, not to mention that it means that I can take all of my uni books to uni without having to lug a bulging 2stone bag, lol. (I've just lost three stone, I don't want to be lugging that weight around with me anymore!)

I do adore books though. When I have my own house, where I don't have to move every 9 months as it is with student accomodation now, I fully plan on having a huge beauty and the beast style library...with a secret door that you open by pulling a book....

but until then I'll be over here stroking my kindle.

Back