I just got a Kindle!

Lynn_

On A Mission!
My lovely hubby bought me a Kindle which has turned up today! So im searching Amazon for some good books to get. I see there are lots of free ones! Can anyone recommend any good free kindle books or even any good kindle books i should just buy.

Oooh Im interested to hear how you get on with it.

Part of me would love one but theres another part of me who thinks the whole concept of it is wrong! Can anything beat actually sitting with a book???

i would love one,and have come close to actually buying one but then i think i would miss going into waterstones, spending hours browsing and buying books...
then getting home and exploring them,and holding a book and turning the pages,theres nothing better than the smell of a new book ;)

i would love to know how you get on with it,its shame i cant try one out and see how i go.

You are absolutely right that there is something magical about a book. And i love spending hours in book shops browsing too. But the Kindle is fantastic! Its light and lives in my handbag without weighing my bag down, so i can read my current book whenever i get a few minutes, and its so easy and quick to download books from Amazon, and cheap too.

Im thrilled to bits with the kindle, it wont stop me buying books but its just so convenient to have and use. The only thing that i dont like is that it isnt backlit, but then neither is a real book. It would just make reading it easier in poor light if it was. I guess that would be a big drain on the power though, so would be a useful option to switch on and off as required. Battery life is very good though, i think i read that the battery should last a month before needing to be recharged. I certainly havnt had to recharge it yet and ive had it a week.

I read a lot on holiday, so its going to be a big advantage to be able to take a dozen books with me, without having to worry about the baggage weight.

I'm soooooooooooo jealous but have promised myself a Kindle for my b/day in a few weeks IF I stay on track with my weightloss lol :))
I have the kindle app on my phone and a couple of free books that I find amusing are 'Blood Sweat and Tea' and 'More Blood, more sweat and another cup of tea' both by Tom Reynolds. Basically they are his memoirs as an ambulance driver in London. I also have downloaded the free versions of the Jane Austen classics, they are my old friends :)) Enjoy your Kindle xx

I have a sony ereader, love it!!!!! you can spend hours in waterstones online!!! some of the book are under a pound! love mine so much i got one for my daughter for her 13th birthday. whsmiths have some great ebooks too x

hmmm i think my arm is being twisted into getting one :rolleyes:

I have an android MID...great to download kindle books plus other apps, games, google, facebook etc, got it off ebay under £100, and it is lit for reading, books download insatntly, I have those ambulance ones mentioned before and the girl with the dragon tattoo...
love it, plus love books but hands are getting stiff from holding a book open, so this is light and easy.:D

Buy a kindle, you don't know what you're missing out on!!
Spend hours scouring Amazon instead of Waterstones lol.
Battery life is friggin A*M*A*Z*I*N*G

xoxoxoxo

so ive been looking at the kindle and also the ones they have in waterstones... just harmless browsing at the moment ;)

dont know which one i like best... i have a waterstones card and collect the points so thats a plus for waterstones :rolleyes:

im trying to weigh up whether i would use it that much and would i rather spend £100+ on that or £100+ on actual books hmmmm

Compare the prices of the Kindle books on Amazon, to ebooks on Waterstone, half the price through Amazon, easily half price. And that makes the Kindle a real bargain.

i love the Kindle, the ease of getting the books and reading is next level :) imaginative invention

I dont see the point where many books are cheaper than the ebooks.

but alot of people also download there ebooks which saves them from spending money :)

I love my kindle!! I still love going looking at books and then if i like one in the shop i just download it to the kindle.

I love my Kindle!! I live in a one bedroom apartment and it saves me so much space in storing my books!!! They are great!!!

I got one for christmas off Santa :4616:, i have 12 books on it so far, its brilliant i had never heard of them before i opened it lol, there so dinky and handy although my only complaint would be that you cant read in the dark :/ o and they dont have Patricia Scanlan either and she is my fav Irish author :(

I have a Sony Ereader and absolutely love mine. I have never read so many books since buying it. It goes everywhere with me, so whenever I get 5 mins I can have a quick read. Fantastic! I love the Sophie Kinsella books and Stieg Larrson Millenium Trilogy.

I have a Sony Ereader and absolutely love mine. I have never read so many books since buying it. It goes everywhere with me, so whenever I get 5 mins I can have a quick read. Fantastic! I love the Sophie Kinsella books and Stieg Larrson Millenium Trilogy.

The first 4 books I read on mine were the new Shopaholic and the 3 Millenium books... you've got great taste! ;o) xxxxx

Back