I know nobody can really answer this but...

Jubbly

Yo-yo dieter here for the gazillionth time
I have been on Exante for about 3 weeks with a planend break for one weekend when it was my boyfriend's birthday and last night for Valentines. My losses haven't been spectacular - 5lbs in week one and 2lbs in week 2. I have been quite good this last week although could have had more water. Am on 3 Exante a day and nibbles of chicken/sausage/other protein as BMI under 25. How much do you reckon the meal out last night (curry, with starter) is really going to impact on weight loss at tomorrow's WI when I've been OK the rest of the time? Do you reckon I will put on weight from one meal? What are other people's experiences? x

Hang on, my losses have been -5lb, STS, -2lbs so actually worse than I thought (although the STS was when I spent 3 days eating that week so I suppose I was quite lucky really)...

If your BMI is 23 as it says in your stats, you should be following Simple solutions which is 3 exante plus a 600 cal meal, according to the exante website.
Not eating enough when you BMI is already low will result in you using lean muscle mass and not fat, which is not good!
Follow the diet correctly, there are meal plans to help you and you will probably find you will lose some more weight.

In answer to your curry question....it may impact your weight dramatically. It's not just the amount of calories but also if it was high in carbs. Your glycogen stores will have been replenished and that could show on the scales.

Hope that helps

lentil2 said:
If your BMI is 23 as it says in your stats, you should be following Simple solutions which is 3 exante plus a 600 cal meal, according to the exante website.
Not eating enough when you BMI is already low will result in you using lean muscle mass and not fat, which is not good!
Follow the diet correctly, there are meal plans to help you and you will probably find you will lose some more weight.

In answer to your curry question....it may impact your weight dramatically. It's not just the amount of calories but also if it was high in carbs. Your glycogen stores will have been replenished and that could show on the scales.

Hope that helps

I agree with lentil2 you will not see big losses per week as your bmi is 23. I think your body is holding onto what it can. However i dont think eating the curry will affect you much.

Oh no bummer. Does that mean then that weight loss on ketogenic diet is therefore impossible to sustain as any carbs will then mean an immediate weight gain almost as if the weight loss isn't real (I hope that made sense)??

No it doesnt if you sensibly build food back into your diet over a period of time to restart your metabolism and you are mindful of all the things like calorie control for your new size, portion control and how much you eat of each food group, your weight loss should be perfectly maintainable. Exercise will also hope increase your metabolism so its good to get into a routine.

Jubbly said:
Oh no bummer. Does that mean then that weight loss on ketogenic diet is therefore impossible to sustain as any carbs will then mean an immediate weight gain almost as if the weight loss isn't real (I hope that made sense)??

Of course not. If you lose several stones you're not going to put that back on the moment you have carbs. If you don't refeed properly then you may have a slight gain the first week but that's all. Weight loss on a ketogenic diet is every bit as real as any others

You won't necessarily gain if you neat carbs either. I had a day off last week and still lost 4lbs

You won't necessarily gain if you neat carbs either. I had a day off last week and still lost 4lbs

I think that will depend on how much weight there is to lose.
With all due respect, If you have a substantial amount still to lose, then your chances of losing weight is higher than if you are at a healthy BMI.
I know I certainly can't cheat on ANY diet when I have so little to lose.

I realise now that looked like a stupid question but was just confused. Hopefully I will still see a loss tomorrow because I've been good every day apart from yesterday. I am probably on balance eating a good few extra calories a day in extras so not TS by any means, however not having looked on the Exante website, is this extra 600 calories meant to be protein/veg or include carbs? x

With all due respect, If you have a substantial amount still to lose, then your chances of losing weight is higher than if you are at a healthy BMI.

On the contrary Lentil, I find it much easier to "cheat" when I have less to lose...(not that I consider last night cheating as I always planned to have dinner with my boyfriend on Valentines)

No questions are stupid. I couldn't tell you 100% about WS as I am TS but I would imagine you would still need to be in ketosis so yes it would need to be low fat protein and veg. But have a wee look on the website to be sure. I did notice u said u snack on sausages, unless they are low fat or venison they will be really high fat so that wont help.xx

Jubbly said:
On the contrary Lentil, I find it much easier to "cheat" when I have less to lose...(not that I consider last night cheating as I always planned to have dinner with my boyfriend on Valentines)

I think what Lentil meant was that in order to lose weight with so little to lose she has to be 100% on the diet and can't allow herself to cheat... Not that she's not tempted.
Generally the more you have to lose, the higher your weekly weight loss. I lost 14lbs in my first week but I was 19 1/2 stone... Eek!!!!

lentil2 said:

I meant more that whether you gain isnt as clear cut as having a day off. It's like how long does ketosis take it varies from person to person

Oh and I didn't cheat I had a planned day off.

I realise now that looked like a stupid question but was just confused. Hopefully I will still see a loss tomorrow because I've been good every day apart from yesterday. I am probably on balance eating a good few extra calories a day in extras so not TS by any means, however not having looked on the Exante website, is this extra 600 calories meant to be protein/veg or include carbs? x

Not stupid at all.......it's good to ask and get others opinions. As you can see, everyone is different....doesn't make anyone right or wrong though.
Good luck with your weigh in.

Just goes to show we are all different cos I most definitely cannot 'have a day off' if I want to lose weight!
Call it whatever you want to call it!!!! Lol ;) it is food outside of the plan!!!

Be boring if we were all the same. Thankfully it hasnt done me any harm and Im back on track 100% after it. The loss was a bonus, I would have been happy with a sts

And I will call it a day off if its planned for a special event, as far as Im concerned theres a massive difference betweeen that and a cheat. A cheat is a whole different ball game.

I think what Lentil meant was that in order to lose weight with so little to lose she has to be 100% on the diet and can't allow herself to cheat... Not that she's not tempted.
Generally the more you have to lose, the higher your weekly weight loss. I lost 14lbs in my first week but I was 19 1/2 stone... Eek!!!!

Thank you for clarifying!! That is what I meant.

Yes it's easy to want to cheat/plan days off because I don't have a lot to lose and I am comfortable with myself.......
But no, I cannot cheat/ have planned days off if I want to lose weight that week!!

Thank you for clarifying!! That is what I meant.

Yes it's easy to want to cheat/plan days off because I don't have a lot to lose and I am comfortable with myself.......
But no, I cannot cheat/ have planned days off if I want to lose weight that week!!

Id say thats the big difference - youve hit the nail on the head :)

You dont have a lot to lose, so your goal is within sight I expect I still have loads to lose so need to be on this for a long time yet - a day off keeps me on track. dont get me wrong its not an excuse to eat lol Last week was a day planned for ages and Ill have a day off next month for a friends 40th birthday. Other than that Ive nothing planned but knowing I can have them helps.

For me if I make it a planned day off thats all it is. ONE day or one meal then back to Exante. If I cheat then thats an unplanned failure and I worry if I was to cheat, would it be the beginning of the end.

I guess its a mindset thing lol
But it works - for me :)

Starlight said:
Id say thats the big difference - youve hit the nail on the head :)

You dont have a lot to lose, so your goal is within sight I expect I still have loads to lose so need to be on this for a long time yet - a day off keeps me on track. dont get me wrong its not an excuse to eat lol Last week was a day planned for ages and Ill have a day off next month for a friends 40th birthday. Other than that Ive nothing planned but knowing I can have them helps.

For me if I make it a planned day off thats all it is. ONE day or one meal then back to Exante. If I cheat then thats an unplanned failure and I worry if I was to cheat, would it be the beginning of the end.

I guess its a mindset thing lol
But it works - for me :)

I think the huge difference between cheating and planned days off/WS days is that of control. For me, when I cheat (and I've had the occasional nibble) is that I've momentarily lost control of my will power. If you plan to eat or have a WS day then it is planned and you are controlling it (or that's the theory anyway).

I can understand completely what you mean Starlight re. It being a long haul when you have a lot of weight to lose. I'd bs interested to chat more about how you manage your WS day as it's interesting to me and you are losing so well on it.

Just my two pence worth!!

Cx

Back