I love my Red Days :-)

I've been told by my C it might be worth trying different days other than EE, I'm considering trying Red but I don't know where to start (after losing 3st with EE) :(

Thought it was about time I had a food diary and as I've nearly managed to loose 4 stone on red days, thought it might be useful to share ideas too. Will try and update daily :)

Gonna post pics of previous meals as I know a lot of people wonder what to eat on red days.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Yay, a red day diary.
Here to subscribe, well done on your loss.

It's easier than you think. A lot of people say they don't feel full on red, it's just knowing what to eat really. I don't miss the carbs, it's surprising.

My tea tonight was huge, totally stuffed. Had 2 homemade burgers (lean mince, onion, parsley, chilli, garlic powder, paprika, s&p, an egg), with cheese (hexa), one in a wholemeal roll (hexb), spicy butternut squash wedges, salad and a big mushroom.

ForumRunner_20130206_200628.png

I use certain foods as substitutes, so grated cauliflower instead of rice, roasted butternut squash instead of chips, root veg as mash, grate courgette or carrot lengthways instead of pasta. You can have a measured amount of some carbs as your hexb too.

I've been told by my C it might be worth trying different days other than EE, I'm considering trying Red but I don't know where to start (after losing 3st with EE) :(

Well done on your loss, excellent :)

I can do a list of lunch and evening meal ideas if it would help anyone? x

Lunches
Scrambled egg on toast (hexb)
Poached egg with smoked salmon
Scrambled/poached/fried eggs with tomatoes, bacon, mushrooms etc
Salad with lean meats/hard boiled egg/cheese (hexa)
Soups
Omelette/fritatta
Stir fry
Ham roll ups

Am thinking of more!

Congrats on nearly hitting 4 stone loss! Wow :D

Inspiring me to try a Red day, I can't imagine not being able to have pasta/rice freely! Mainly do EE myself but have enjoyed more HEX's on Green days recently. What sort of things do you have instead of pasta/rice? I made a big batch of bolognase tonight, what would you have with something like that? Maybe mash and make it into a sort of cottage pie?

x

Hi Tetris, I posted about what substitutes I generally use a few posts back. But if cooking spag bog, sometimes I'm happy with just veg (brocolli, cauliflower etc) and then maybe a bread roll as hexb or sometimes I peel courgettes (down the length) and griddle them to have with it. But yes, use any root veg as mash (butternut squash, carrots, swede) and make into a cottage pie. I also grate cauliflower, add seasoning as a rice replacement. You can have a small measured amount of Brown pasta as hexb.

Hope that helps :)

Thursday

Was a bit naughty and didn't get round to eating breakfast!

Mid-morning snack - banana and 2 black coffee's

Lunch - homemade burger with babybel light inside (1/2 hexa), wholemeal roll (hexb), extra light mayo (1 syn) and a huge salad

Afternoon snack - muller light vanilla and choc sprinkles with 30g all bran crunch (hexb)

Dinner - Gammon and cheesy vegetable bake (hexa)

Syns - 1 so far

ForumRunner_20130207_123112.png

Last edited:
Hi, I'm really new to this. I started slimming world a few weeks before Christmas after previously doing the diet years ago. I managed to lose weight no problem on the green days.

but now with rejoining I have found the extra easy so confusing so I have gone back to red and green days. The only thing is green days are doing nothing for me now and i am so downhearted at not loosing any weight that now think why should I bother.......but at 25 st 5lbs I seriously need to lose the weight for my 5 kids and of course myself.

i have decided try red days after reading posts, but I struggle with what to eat for lunch. Any help would be fantastic.

im so sorry to sound out like this,.....once I started I couldn't stop

hi, im trying to juggle between EE, Green and want to do some Red see if that helps speed up my weight losses. I love your ideas and will subscribe to your thread. thanks Lisa

That's fine, this place is great for ranting away. You've already done the hardest bit of accepting that things need to change, you can totally do this and minimins is great for support.

I always do red days as my body doesn't loose if I have carbs. Do you work? Just so I know for lunch ideas. Huge batches of soup are really good. I normally shop for veg and fruit in aldi as it's soooo much cheaper. So for soup I would use about 3 butternut squashes, loads of carrots, Swede if you like, cook them with stock and I always add a few spices paprika, s&p, chilli. Once cooked, drain a little off in a jug and puree the whole lot, adding the stock to the desired consistency. That would make over a weeks worth of lunches, can freeze it too. Any veg soup would do tho, but no parsnip. I'd have that with bread or a roll from hexb allowance. I often have scrambled eggs for lunch or sw fry up, ww sausages (0.5 syn), bacon with no fat, or just a sandwich using hexb bread/roll, salads with ham roll ups or cooked cold meats, omelettes/fritatta. There's lots really!

hi, im trying to juggle between EE, Green and want to do some Red see if that helps speed up my weight losses. I love your ideas and will subscribe to your thread. thanks Lisa

Am glad to help, I know a lot of people struggle with red ideas :)

What do you find confusing about EE, Tamalicious? Maybe we can help?
EE just means anything free from either red or green can be eaten freely but you only get 1 HexA and 1 HexB.

Back