I made my little girls birthday cake...look....

OMG THANK YOU ALL FOR SUCH WONDERFUL COMPLIMENTS AND BIRTHDAY WISHES FOR IZZY, YOU ARE ALL SO WONDERFUL AND I THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR KIND WORDS AND MESSAGES, HOW SWEET YOU ALL ARE, ALL OF YOU, THANK YOU SO MUCH.

I have to say that I did come off CD 2 days ago with the stress of making this and all the other bits for Izzys party (goodness, if I was a cookie I'd crumble). Those of us with kids know that if you want to do something for your little one then you want to do it well, and to the best of your abillities (spell ?) and I really wanted to do this for my little Izzy...and I got soooo stressed when I couldn't find my whisks for my electric whisk that I ripped through a pack of walkers crisps and then some...... Anyway, I found the whisks in a SAFE PLACE and you know that you can never find anything when you put it into a 'safe place' cor blimey.....
Anyway....I've eaten sooooooooooo much junk over the past 2 or 3 days that I'm now fit to burst. Was gonna start back on SS on Monday but no chance, I'm back on it tomorrow.

Izzy had a WONDERFUL time today. I'm gonna go and download some piccies in a minute and hope to add them to this thread if you wanna view then feel free. I need to find out how to add piccies to the gallery.

I made paper & card decorations ( I have tons of card stock with being a crafter ). I was up at 7.30am and started with my cookies at 8 ish and didnt stop til around 2pm just after our guests arrived. I'll sleep tonight I'll tell ya that for nothing.

So, I'm really pooped but I just had to say thank you for all of your kind words and compliments.

I'm off to download some piccies........

xx sj xx

I like to view other peoples photos...I'm a 'people watcher' and I find it interesting to look into other peoples lives (or am I just nosey??) either way, feel free to nose at my photys...:rolleyes:

This is my sweet little Izzy during the HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONG, she was looking at her cake :D

izzysbirthdayparty018.jpg

This is Izzy blowing out her candles...

izzysbirthdayparty020.jpg

These are some of the cookies and butterfly cakes that I made this morning....

izzysbirthdayparty041.jpg

izzysbirthdayparty044.jpg

These are the paper hearts I made to decorate the fire place....

izzysbirthdayparty047.jpg

This is the bunting I made with my designer papers...

izzysbirthdayparty046.jpg

thanks for looking :D

xx sj xx

p.s. I do hope I don't make any of you hungry, I did rant a couple of months ago about other members flaunting food on minimins (it must have been my totm:eek:) ....and here I am doing the same thing...then again...the title of my thread gives enough warning of what's in my postings here so........:p:Dlol

xx sj xx

OMG Sophia-Jo! I'm SO green with envy! You're SO talented! :D:D Aww and the look on Izzy's face when she's looking at her cake - wonderful! :D Bless!

You deserve a good night's rest after all the preparations! I'm sure she had a wonderful party! :D:D

aaaaw hiya there Mrs D,

Izzy loved her day today, she was sooooo thrilled to have loads of people in the house all together just for her :D:D:D people she's not seen for months and months.

She loved it and all my hard work was worth it.

Hope you're doing ok Mrs D.

xx sj xx

SJ

Everything looks wonderful, and little Izzy's face is sooooo worth it!!!!

I like you am very nosy and llok at all the pics!!!!

You ought to start a bussiness... it's very popular these days!! Designer cake and decorations!!

Good luck for moro with SS!!!!

nas x

Yeah I'm fine thanks SJ. Isn't it lovely that they feel so so special with all their family and friends visiting just for them? :D :D

My teenage son is just so blase about birthdays now, he takes all the fun out of it! lol:rolleyes::D

My teenage son is just so blase about birthdays now, he takes all the fun out of it! lol:rolleyes::D

Exactly Carol, this is why I went to town with the baking etc... as I'm sure it won't be long til she's all grown up and isn't interested in that sort of thing anymore.....omg...I'm nearly crying now :cry: :D

xx sj xx

Aww ((((())))) you've got quite a few years yet though. My daughter's seven in November and she starts talking about her party in June! lol :D I think girls usually want to carry on the party tradition for longer than boys do. :D

SJ

Everything looks wonderful, and little Izzy's face is sooooo worth it!!!!

I like you am very nosy and llok at all the pics!!!!

You ought to start a bussiness... it's very popular these days!! Designer cake and decorations!!

Good luck for moro with SS!!!!

nas x

Thanks for the good luck wishes hun, I'm hoping I can get back into it without a hic up...... yeah right.... Mrs Ketosis will take ages to arrive again, I know she will. I hope it's not a terribel journey back to Ketosis land........ my own fault if it is :rolleyes::D

I'd love to have my own business re crafting and cake dec. etc... I just don't have the time at the moment, plus I have no training in cake dec. so I'm limited to what I can do....I made my own 5 tier Wedding Cake which I was soooooo proud of, and would love the challenge of doing another one, any takers???....lol I do plan on creating stuff for my ebay shop but not sure about the cakes, cos I'd have to make loads of cakes for photos on ebay and not sure about what business I'd get and could only sell to people near by as the cakes would have to be collected. I do a lot of paper crafting which involves peoples photos of their kids etc... Maybe you've seen the altered art pieces I did of Izzy...I love love love making them :D I'm going to list them as a sample in my Ebay shop soon.

I'm planning on selling my famous SPARKLY MARZIPAN FRUITS (peptite fours) in my Ebay shop. I was just waiting til after Izzys party so I had more time to get stuck in to them so watch this space :D lol :D

xx sj xx

Aww ((((())))) you've got quite a few years yet though. My daughter's seven in November and she starts talking about her party in June! lol :D I think girls usually want to carry on the party tradition for longer than boys do. :D

I hope so Carol, Izzy is a real girly girl, and I'm gonna try to keep her that way :D

Awww, your little girl sounds so cute. I love little girls :D I was thrilled when I found out I was having Izzy, we asked what we were having at our 2nd scan and I nearly hit the roof with Joy when she said 'it's a girl' :D:D:D:D:D

Funnily enough I never had to ask what sex she was going to be - I just knew! lol! :D Whenever I had a scan she always had her back turned towards the 'screen' and I used to joke that "she's shy". Consequently, I'd have to go back week after week for scans to see if the baby had moved and when she eventually did I said "so how is she?" and the nurse said "Oh so you know you're having a girl?" :D:D

Amy's a proper girly girl too, nearly everything she has is a shade of pink! She can be a proper drama queen too though! It's all good fun in our house lol! :D

don't worry SJ

my friend is organising a 'princess party' for her 16 year old daughter middle Nov... so i definately think girls enjoy all the party stuff.... hope for me with three girls!

lol if i decide to get married again... will hold u on the cake... will have to dump OH and find a new version first though!!!!

you should make a portfolio, and distrbute it to local nurserys!!!

nas x

BTW Hi mrs D.... nice to see u!

don't worry SJ

my friend is organising a 'princess party' for her 16 year old daughter middle Nov... so i definately think girls enjoy all the party stuff.... hope for me with three girls!

lol if i decide to get married again... will hold u on the cake... will have to dump OH and find a new version first though!!!!

you should make a portfolio, and distrbute it to local nurserys!!!

nas x

BTW Hi mrs D.... nice to see u!

hey, not just a pretty face are you hun?? That's a great idea about distributing to local nurserys....hummmm :rolleyes: that gives me food for thought (couldn't resist) :D

hey, not just a pretty face are you hun?? That's a great idea about distributing to local nurserys....hummmm :rolleyes: that gives me food for thought (couldn't resist) :D

lol..... anyways woke up with another brainwave.... gosh worrying i'm thinking of you in my sleep!!!! he he so can you not take a pic of your daughter cake and make postcards for local shop windows... supermarkets... i know if i was closer i'd get ya to make them for my girls.... Their b'days coming up... 2 in Jan... 1 in March... am setting aside £120 :eek: just to have cakes made, they r nothing like yours!!!!!!:mad:

Oh my, your daughter's even more beautiful than her cake! :D
She really is an absolute delight - what a gorgeous little girl. :)

The cookies and fairy cakes you made are lovely too - you really have quite a talent! The other's are right - you should exploit it and make money from it!

I'm glad to hear that Izzy had a lovely day. My daughter's eleven, but still isn't too old to love birthdays, and enjoy the fuss!

Jo x

Back