I miss lasagne!

vickidyers

Silver Member
I really miss lasagne, I used to make it with the Dolmio sauces, but I have checked the syn value and gossshhh....:cry: they are high (especially the white one).
Wondered if anyone new any 'lighter' sauces or a really easy recipes (preferably really easy one as I am an exceptionally bad cook!)

It can be made easily from green lentils and vegetables like courgettes and aubergines with tinned tomatoes and seasoning,and use quark and eggs for the white sauce .

I do a cheaty pasta bake which does it for me. I get the Batchelors pasta packet (cheese and brocolli is my fave) and cook it up and put it over some bolognaise cooked extra lean mince (however you usually do it), sprinkle with HexA of cheese (low low) and spray with frylight before baking in the oven.

It isn't exactly lasagne (sheets of pasta), but the mix of flavours is very similar.

Not done it for a while so unsure of syns in the packet pasta (used to be free made up with water, but have a feeling it isn't now).

Cheese and brocolli pasta by Batchelors is half a syn.

Going to have to make this again soon. Mmmm.

Try this as an alternative................

Pete’s Baked Bean & Ham Lasagne

Serves 2

Ingredients

Pack of lasagne sheets
900g bottle of passata
Slices of smoked wafer thin ham
1 tin 410g baked beans
Mixed herbs
Oven-proof dish
56g cheddar (2x Hea)

Method

Soften the lasagne sheets with boiling water to make life easy, and then purr a thin layer of passata in the base of the oven-proof dish that has been sprayed with Fry Light.
Cover with lasagne sheets, layer of baked beans, layer of lasagne, layer of passata, layer of ham, layer of passata, layer of lasagne, layer of baked beans, layer of lasagne and then the final layer of passata, soaking all of the lasagne, sprinkle with mixed herbs, then grate 56g of cheddar over it all and place in a hot oven at 180c for 30mins covered with tinfoil, then remove the tinfoil for the last 10 mins

Attachments

• Baken Bean & Ham Lasagne-1 (Large).JPG
    Baken Bean & Ham Lasagne-1 (Large).JPG
    221 KB · Views: 228
  • Baked Bean & Ham Lasagne-2 (Large).JPG
    Baked Bean & Ham Lasagne-2 (Large).JPG
    255.7 KB · Views: 226
Have you tried the lasagne recipe from the Slimming World website? I have made it twice now. Very easy to make and it's delicious!

I miss the runny cheesy sauce which I struggle to replicate in a syn free way. Cottage cheese, quark and eggs make more of a set custard than sauce and I like to use my syns for a drink!

Try this as an alternative................

Pete’s Baked Bean & Ham Lasagne

Serves 2

Ingredients

Pack of lasagne sheets
900g bottle of passata
Slices of smoked wafer thin ham
1 tin 410g baked beans
Mixed herbs
Oven-proof dish
56g cheddar (2x Hea)

Method

Soften the lasagne sheets with boiling water to make life easy, and then purr a thin layer of passata in the base of the oven-proof dish that has been sprayed with Fry Light.
Cover with lasagne sheets, layer of baked beans, layer of lasagne, layer of passata, layer of ham, layer of passata, layer of lasagne, layer of baked beans, layer of lasagne and then the final layer of passata, soaking all of the lasagne, sprinkle with mixed herbs, then grate 56g of cheddar over it all and place in a hot oven at 180c for 30mins covered with tinfoil, then remove the tinfoil for the last 10 mins

That sounds yummy! :D

Simon Rimmer was on 'something for the weekend' with his lasagne which was just mince n sauce dunno how he made his but i would just used mince, onions, garlic, hebs n toms etc, but then he layered it up with just cottage cheese in globs and sheet pasta (no white sauce) and put cheese on top (which you could use your hexa for). I would guess this is syn free and it did look really yummy.

Malibu xx

I made this, the one with cottage cheese that is, and it really was fab. Even the OH who hates things like cottage cheese liked it! I'd even go as far as to say I prefer it over a traditional béchamel one, it was that good.
I did use Longley Farm cottage cheese though so just had to syn that.

Back