i need a wii fit......

Hello Wii-Fitters :D

Had good fun on Thursday trying it out. My Wii-Fit age came out at 49, I'm 44, which isn't toooo bad - is it? I know I'm unfit and my balance is appalling, but at least it can only (I hope :rolleyes:) get better.

Enjoyed the hula-hoop especially, got in a right muddle with the basic step - d'oh and I consider myself to have good rhythm and co-ordination, but I was all over the place. Liked the bit of yoga I did and the jogging. Some of the muscle exercises were quite hard, my stomach muscles are still really sore after trying the pushups and I was rubbish! But enjoyed it.

Didn't get time to do anything yesterday, which wasn't very good, but will be having another go later on today.

Happy fitting all :D

they ( i mean the fitness guru's) reckon that every other day is better anyway...you need to give your muscles time to relax apparently!!

Hello Wii-Fitters :D

Enjoyed the hula-hoop especially, got in a right muddle with the basic step - d'oh and I consider myself to have good rhythm and co-ordination, but I was all over the place.

Thank GOD! I just tried the basic step for the first time and completely cocked it up!!! just couldnt get it!!!! Im so very dense lol. spent more time off it than on, and it kept telling me off :eek:

I'm considering getting me one when I reach my 1st goal weight, can anyone tell me how it works exactly / what it trains most / what you do?

You stand on the board and then what?

when you have done the normal step program a few times it unlocks free step which is great no fancy footwork but you can turn over and watch the tv and the remote ticks at you to keep you in line!!! the advanced boxing is the hardest if you struggle with step god help you with the boxing!!!!!!!

Thank GOD! I just tried the basic step for the first time and completely cocked it up!!! just couldnt get it!!!! Im so very dense lol. spent more time off it than on, and it kept telling me off :eek:

LOL - glad it's not just me - mind you got hubby on it yesterday and he just couldn't get the step at all, at least I've improved :D

when you have done the normal step program a few times it unlocks free step which is great no fancy footwork but you can turn over and watch the tv and the remote ticks at you to keep you in line!!! the advanced boxing is the hardest if you struggle with step god help you with the boxing!!!!!!!

Oh blimey, looking forward to the boxing then - I think! :p

I'm considering getting me one when I reach my 1st goal weight, can anyone tell me how it works exactly / what it trains most / what you do?

You stand on the board and then what?

Have you got a Wii yet, if so, you'll be familiar with Mii's, which the game uses as your onscreen character. You set up your details, current height & age, it weighs you & tells you your BMI and works out your fit age, you can then set a goal to lose weight and improve your BMI.

You then have a choice of different exercises to follow from four catagories, balance, aerobic, muscle & yoga. You can do as much or as little as you want, the more you do then the more games become available to you.

It's a fun way to keep fit and the board is a very clever device. Read some online gaming reviews which should give you a much better picture than my waffling has done - or better still find a friend with one and give it a go.
x

Hii!

Thanks for the response!

No don't have wii yet, but considering giving myself one when I reach my 1st goal weight and I would like to give myself a game that contributes to my health/weightloss and a friend said Wii Fit was nice so that's why I wondered :)

I'll check on google !~ Thanks again ^.^

OMG just unlocked Super Hula Hoop!!! How much fun???? Love it! Though I am a bit warm after 3 minutes hula hooping 5 rings!!! lol. Have to say though it is really really hard trying to hula hoop to the left when I would normally do it to the right...

Good news though according to Wii Fit I have lost 3lb since yesterday (started back SS 100% yesterday).

I have gained a total of 4 lb on hollybobs so have lost 3 of that already and my weigh in isnt until tuesday night :) I will be slimmer than when I went, I will I will I WILL!!! lol

Ohh havent tried boxing yet! lol

Well done on your 3lbs loss BB, I seemed to have gained a lb overnight, but did weigh at a different time, mind you my Wii Fit age has come down from 49 to 36 so that's a big improvement (for a 44 yr old).

Haven't unlocked boxing yet, unlocked the Super Hula Hoop after doing the normal one today, but haven't tried it yet. Love the two ski games, especially the jump.

Didn't have time to do any yoga earlier, so might have another go later on. Blimey, I'm not normally so keen to exercise!!!

No me either, but this is so fun you can almost forget exercise is involved! lol. Am addicted to ski jump - can get a total of over 300m now - longest individual jump is 173m I think! Just managed to push it to 3 stars! hehe

Have you tried the tightrope? have completed it once, but makes me feel quite nauseous!!!

oooh I am ace at the tightrope - advanced is hard, but I got there! I find the advanced bubble one REALLY annoying cos those blooming wasps!

Only did 40 minutes of mainly yoga yesterday so I did 30 minutes of hula, step, boxing and tightrope this morning :)
Yoga is definitely my favourite and I have unlocked all the poses now so will run through them all tomorrow :)
I love my wii fit :D

aww i really must concentrate on the yoga one, I have only done two of them - they're the ones I struggle with the most, but the ones I'd love to do. I think maybe I am a bit too big for them at the mo with zero flexibility :0(

I struggle with the ones that involve standing on one leg and find the triangle really difficult. I'm sure it'll get easier as I lose more and the same will happen for you :)
Any exercise is better than none. At least we're not in a hall with a load of 'skinny minnys' making ninnys of ourselves lol :D

Havent tried yoga yet...really should!

I struggle with the ones that involve standing on one leg and find the triangle really difficult. I'm sure it'll get easier as I lose more and the same will happen for you :)
Any exercise is better than none. At least we're not in a hall with a load of 'skinny minnys' making ninnys of ourselves lol :D
Haha, yes the standing on one leg is very funny! But you're right, it will get better as we lose weight and I am sure the practice will help too! And defo glad to be doing it in the comfort of home rather than in front of a load of skinny people! x

Back