I really don't get it!

I'm a bit confused to your reference about people eating high fat on the Atkins diet. You lose weight if you eat less calories than your body burns. People lose weight on hte Atkins diet because they are eating less calories, there's usually a linit to how much fat & protein you can eat in a day! Fat contains a lot of calories. Ketosis is just a side effect of eating less calories when you have no carbohydrate stores left in your body or in your diet. Ketosis isn't some magical process that makes you lose weight, simply a side effect that has benefits such as curbing your appetite.

2 or 3lbs a week is a great loss!
I agree it would be nice to lose more, I know I would love to be back losing 6lbs a week but in reality the human body can't do that.

Just look at the math!
average daily requirement for female; 1500-2000cals
average daily intake; 600-800cals
'burnt off' cals; 900-1200 daily

therefore each week you are potentially burning off between 6300 and 8400 calories; 1lb of fat is 3500.

So, 2 to 3lbs a week is about right.

And no offence intended but I seriously doubt that anyone could eat sensibly-yet-little enough, be well nutritioned AND lose 2-3lbs each and every week, I really do. But then I haven't tried that myself, so who knows.

All I know is, whatever VLCD you are doing, it is guarateed to work, so long as you stick with it. And that to me is the important part; I bet it is for you too, otherwise you wouldn't have started CD, right?

Apologies if any of that sounds harsh / berating / arrogant on my part, I know that when I am feeling this way a "does of reality" is what turns me around :)

EDIT:
There are people doing Atkins who are in ketosis who loose loads of weight and eat really high fat foods so it still doesn't make sense.

People on Atkins won't be getting anywhere near the level of nutrion you get from something like LL or CD. And yes they eat lots of fatty foods but remember, all that fat has to go somewhere; no matter how much weight they might be losing, all that fat is still passing through their bodies - thinking about it makes me feel quite ill TBH! :s

2 or 3lbs a week is a great loss!
I agree it would be nice to lose more, I know I would love to be back losing 6lbs a week but in reality the human body can't do that.

Just look at the math!
average daily requirement for female; 1500-2000cals
average daily intake; 600-800cals
'burnt off' cals; 900-1200 daily

therefore each week you are potentially burning off between 6300 and 8400 calories; 1lb of fat is 3500.

So, 2 to 3lbs a week is about right.

And no offence intended but I seriously doubt that anyone could eat sensibly-yet-little enough, be well nutritioned AND lose 2-3lbs each and every week, I really do. But then I haven't tried that myself, so who knows.

All I know is, whatever VLCD you are doing, it is guarateed to work, so long as you stick with it. And that to me is the important part; I bet it is for you too, otherwise you wouldn't have started CD, right?

Apologies if any of that sounds harsh / berating / arrogant on my part, I know that when I am feeling this way a "does of reality" is what turns me around :)

EDIT:

People on Atkins won't be getting anywhere near the level of nutrion you get from something like LL or CD. And yes they eat lots of fatty foods but remember, all that fat has to go somewhere; no matter how much weight they might be losing, all that fat is still passing through their bodies - thinking about it makes me feel quite ill TBH! :s

You have done so well.. ! Well done you..

Hi PennyJane

Don't want to repeat whats already been said but I'm on SS and have still only lost 2 pounds before, as have many others, so to lose that whilst nibbling additionally to plan is an achievement!!

At least you are losing!!! Before CD I have done every diet under the sun (WW, RC, SW) and after the first 2 weeks you are lucky to lose 1 or even half a pound. Stick at it, you sometimes only see the true picture with a smaller loss til the next week.

Thats just my opinion anyway...

I'm screwed up now and cannot make a decision! Just fed up with no energy and worried about weight gain... :-( (not to mention the costs!)

Its the nibbles that do the damage as ive learnt myself. You need to do a plan and stick at it 100%, any salt, sugar, sodium etc would have massive effects on what you lose. If you want to eat you would have better results by doing 810 and sticking at it 100% :)

You have to make up your own mind by choosing a plan and sticking to it. If you want to SS or SS+ for the quickest weight loss then ease up on the exercise.

If you want to exercise more then try 810 but follow the plan to the letter. Don't think the odd wee bit of cheese or extra bit of chicken will not make a difference because it will.

When I lost my 3 stone last year I SSed without deviating from the plan and made sure what exercise I did was not cardio intense. Swimming, pilates, yoga and gentle weight training will help tone without extensive calorie depletion. Leave the cardio intense training for when you are on the higher plans.

Why not do a week of strict SS and get back on track.

Alison

I was under the impression that we should still be exercising. I've not been exercising per se but I have been very active. I think I might do the full SS emersion and then see how I feel. I really wanna lose the weight, at 12st 13lb I've done well so far.

My CDc is gonna think I'm a right weirdo for telling her I'm stopping to then going the whole hog - Do you reckon I'm the only person who has this dilemma???

Back