I really miss my morning vanilla/coffee shake...any alternatives?

dia1972

Hello all. I am doing ok with maintenance but today I really really wish I could just have my old vanilla shake with coffee. It was this routine that got me to my weight now, and I could easily have carried this on alongside a lunch and dinner. I know the pharmacy would not let me have more now I am at my goal weight...

Anyone got ideas for a similar alternative? I don't like the maintenance shakes and hot coffee with a sweetner just isn't the same! I have even considered the Slimfast shake but have you seen the carb level in it !!!!!

W8 do a vanilla shake - and you can buy them online. 10g carbs per pack.

They are more expensive than LT though - £49 for 28 packs. If you're down to target you can join their maintenance programme where as long as your BMI is over 20 you can continue having a pack a day as part of your maintenance - so £12.25 a week, no GP referral needed.

The vanilla shake is lovely and I have it with coffee for my breakfast too - and its also nice as an iced latte - disolve the coffee in a tiny bit of hot water then top up with cold water and some ice. Yum.

Just a thought - website is www.allaboutW8.co.uk

Well done getting to target.

Carol x

Good advise carol, something i may follow up

You could also try Exante (www.exanteinc.com). The real bonus is that there are no artificial ingredients, no GM and no aspartame which is why I chose them. They are delicious too. Not too sweet, which is what I like.

You can order them individually for £2.38 each. 10.3g of carbs per serving (vs Slimfast 34.5g ) of which 7.1g is sugar (Slimfast 34.5g).

Let us know how you get on!

Have you asked your pharmacy?? I know mine would give me shakes, knowing they were going to help me maintain. x

It was a no from the pharmacy. Over a month maintenance at 8 stone 12 and no gain has gone against me. Looks like I would have to put on weight or buy from Ebay.

Back