I really really really want a chocolate binge!

MissNix

Gold Member
I started this week so well, having lost 1lb, but I made the foolish mistake of a midweek weigh-in and the scales are telling me I've put on 3lbs despite being angelic!!! :( Which has now put me in a bad mood and all I can think about is chocolate. I've had a Cadbury's Egg N Spoon for 10 syns, but it really hasn't stopped the craving.... someone please talk me out of eating more!! I can't afford a gain this week! :(

If I want a chocolate binge I have quark with sweetner and an options hot choc mixed in..its like creamy chocolate its beautiful especially the white chocolate :) the hot choc is 2syns and everything else is free hope this helps. X

Don't do it! Your scales are more than likely different to groups and our weights fluctuate during the week anyway! So don't listen to them. I had massive chocolate cravings yesterday, all afternoon and night but just pushed them to the back of my mind and focusing on next weeks weigh in, you will feel awful if you binge on chocolate x

There is only 1 set of scales that count (unless your doing SW at home) and those are the scales at group. There is a thread called serial weighers just take a look at that to see the ridiculous things our scales do to us. Dont give in and have more. Damage limitation. Have some fruit, go for a walk, read a book take ur mind off it. You will be glad at your WI

Imagine eating loads of chocolate, I mean loads! Imagine how sick you would feel after. Would you feel satisfied? Or would you feel guilty, upset and sad... Worse than you feel now?

It's not weigh day yet so the scales don't count.

Your still within syns arent you? and by the end of the day you will feel much better if you stick to it.

You don't need all of that chocolate, you will survive :) I get my chocolate fix from mini milk ice cream lollies 1.5syns each.

Good luck!

And your not allowed have chocolate now by any means because my phone is stupid so made me type my last message out twice :p

Thank you everyone, I went and distracted myself with a bit of cleaning (clearing out the dreaded cupboard under the sink!) and luckily the craving has passed for now... :) Does anyone else get cravings for literally stuffing yourself until you feel sick? It's a habit of a lifetime that I'm really struggling to break.

My scales are quite accurate to the SW ones - I usually weigh 1lb less on them than the SW ones if I weigh myself at home on weigh-in day. Am hoping it's just because I ate lots of carb heavy stuff yesterday and it's still sitting in my tummy. Know I shouldn't weigh at home really... just need to stick to plan and hopefully the 3lbs plus a few more will be off by Thursday :s Will be gutted if not!

PS. Cupcake - that's exactly what I had for my breakfast this morning with a big punnet of strawberries, recent discovery and totally amazing! Did it with white choc today so can't wait to try out all the other flavours!

Just forget about it, if you weigh every day your body does fluctuate, only listen to the once a week WI it could be water retention or anything hun. If you binge then you will probably gain, whereas if you stick to plan you won't and even if you do it won't be fat gain and will be off the following week anyway.

This thread jumped out at me today because I had major chocolate cravings earlier...unfortunately I didn't have the will power to handle it. So here I am 4 chocolate hobnobs later and trying not to feel too guilty. Makes me 3 syns over for today - but if I wasn't doing SW I'm sure it would have been a lot worse!

Of course later I will blame my boyfriend as he brought the biscuits in the first place so they were there to tempt me :)

Better stock up on options for next week!

Not just me with the wicked chocolate cravings then!! :) Think positively, at least it was only 4 hobnobs and not the old pack, which would easily have been scoffed if it was me!!

I kind of think if you have repeated thoughts of having a binge or really really crave chocolate then indulge that craving but do it sensibly. The last couple of weeks (and particularly with PMT) I've told myself that if on Weigh-In Day I get a good result, i.e. a 2lbs loss for example, then on WI evening I will allow myself a slice of particularly gooey and moreish chocolate cake from the local bakery. I have no idea of the Syn content, I presume about 20-25 maybe and I enjoy every single delicious forkful. I then park my craving as it's been satisfied and continue on as normal. It mightn't work for everyone but I think by allowing oneself a periodic "blowout" it then stops feelings of deprivation or making it an obsession.

I know food shouldn't be used as a reward really but this little treat from time to time stops me from obsessing about something sweet and I don't feel at all guilty about it when I've just had a good helping of delicious cake. I have my WI every Wednesday so if on Monday I get a ridiculous craving I just think to myself, wait until Wednesday and then allow myself the indulgence.

A suggestion to think about anyway!! :)

On previous diets I have had a treat after weigh in, and I do think it goes someway to controlling the cravings the rest of the week. But for me, my worse cravings come when I've had a rubbish day at work so I can't predict when they will be, so I would probably end up having even more then! I need to find another way to deal with stress I think.

Oh and I practically forced others to eat the biscuits so they had gone before I was left alone with them again. I only eat bad in secret because my boyfriend is not scared of telling me I'm being a piggy and not doing the diet properly!

Sarah

I kind of think if you have repeated thoughts of having a binge or really really crave chocolate then indulge that craving but do it sensibly. The last couple of weeks (and particularly with PMT) I've told myself that if on Weigh-In Day I get a good result, i.e. a 2lbs loss for example, then on WI evening I will allow myself a slice of particularly gooey and moreish chocolate cake from the local bakery. I have no idea of the Syn content, I presume about 20-25 maybe and I enjoy every single delicious forkful. I then park my craving as it's been satisfied and continue on as normal. It mightn't work for everyone but I think by allowing oneself a periodic "blowout" it then stops feelings of deprivation or making it an obsession.

I know food shouldn't be used as a reward really but this little treat from time to time stops me from obsessing about something sweet and I don't feel at all guilty about it when I've just had a good helping of delicious cake. I have my WI every Wednesday so if on Monday I get a ridiculous craving I just think to myself, wait until Wednesday and then allow myself the indulgence.

I like the idea of this. I think I will try it next week x x

I do this every week, but normally go a bit too mental and have everything I've craved during the week (last week this was bread and butter, curry, maltesers, malteaster bunnies, and an egg & spoon!!!)... but this week I already have a 100g bar of Galaxy waiting for after tomorrow night's weigh-in, and have saved up my syns during the week so can "afford" it :)

I like the idea of this. I think I will try it next week x x

I did it last night and really enjoyed it. I'd lost 2lbs at WI yesterday evening so stopped off and picked up a slice on the way home. I had a nice dinner and then had the cake which, don't get me wrong I enjoyed, but I left it at that. It totally scratched the itch and I just want to continue on with the plan now. I hope it works for you too - I think psychologically it's good because you're allowing yourself to have that indulgence and then just move on from it. Let me know how it goes hon xx

Back