Stabilization I think that is it for me :-)

I admit I have just had a second piece of cake, I think I may even go for a glass of wine (just got it). The reason I had just my niece stay is my nephew, who is 12, has ADHA, autism, aspergers (sp), tourettes, eating and sleeping disorders and learning difficulties. His mum, who I am just getting to know (my brothers ex), decided to not medicate him for 2 days to give him a break from the medication.

So I got a 3.5 year old (mine), 12 year old special needs, 15 year old niece being attacked by him and his mum, who has some pretty heavy medical problems too. I feel just a tad ragged now!!!

Feel the need to do a PP day tomorrow to gain some control over my diet and life. Boy the wine is good.

Thanks Mark, I took that as permission:party0036:

I'm very jealous of the wine! Is it nice? Oh and lentil and nettle soup what is that? Is it real it sounds bizarre! Lol. Well done on maintaining your weight :) x

Catering | Booking | Leon' s Vegetarian Cookery
This is who did the food but I cannot find a menu from him. It was lentil and nettle curry! Very green, dark green. It was ok but barely. Most agreed that a bit of steak would make it much better.

The wine is going down a treat:D. Now going to watch some TV with hubby and give him a big cuddle. Bless him he took the weight on Sunday with the nephew. :family2:

The veggie menu sounds, erm.. interesting?! :D
How are you doing, Poppy?

Hi Redheart, I am doing well, food was ummmm interesting lol. Still a little stressed with things but ok. Struggling with conso as I have eaten normally for me recently and I have lost some more weight :-( Not the plan. Hope things are ok with you and your family.

Well I have eaten what I consider to be normally, using some of the principles of Dukan like having protein and using low fat products but I have still lost weight. This morning I was 8st 11lbs and my goal was 9st. My official weigh in will be tomorrow so I shall see what happens then. I am going to do a week, until my next weigh in, as normal eating and see if my body has stablised on its own. This will include totm too!

I have the big family wedding to go to this weekend which was the second reason I wanted to loose weight. I shall be seeing my mother, father, and 2 brothers there and I have not had contact with them really, since my oldest was 8 years old (she is 25 this year). As you can probably gather they are not really warm, kind people! I saw them 3 years ago at a funeral but they never spoke, despite me having a 8 month old in my arms that they have never met. Not really looking forward to it but there are some other family there that I really want to spend time with and haven't seen for years. I am hoping that nothing is said and they leave us alone but no guarantees. My little one has not got a clue I have parents or brothers, it is just not discussed.

Anyway, I have got a lovely dress, fitted in all the right places as I am sure you ladies know, having the right dress and feeling good gives you a powerful feeling that you can do anything. This is part of my 'after' photos which I will post on my return (as long as I am not banged up inside!) I bought some hold them in tights that go right up to the bra and boy do they hold you in. I think they may have shrunk me a further size but there are no underwear lines. I have some high heels, my hair is being cut on Friday, must organise the wedding present but I think I am about ready to unveil the new me.:p

Well this is me, done now for the weekend. Getting a little stressed about the wedding now but at least I am comfortable in my body size, finally. My mother used to call me fat when I weighed around 7st 12lbs - she of the roundness and obesity. Luckily I never believed her and just thought she was a bit sad. What is she going to think now that I am nearly a stone heavier! To be honest, don't care, it's what I think that matters and I think I look good now.

So Dr D, you have given me new found confidence and I shall be grateful for the diet you decided to share with the world and support on here.:)

Hope the wedding went well and wasn't too stressful xx

Well a good time was had at the wedding. Spent time with good family and the rest left us alone. No one mentioned the weightloss but everyone said how well I was looking. A couple said that I was lucky that I always remained so slim! Hahaha

Unfortunately foodwise it was a nightmare. We had a 4 hour drive to get there, so stopped for a breakfast, then we had to have a quick snack before going into the wedding or it would have been 7 hours between eating (or longer it turned out). It was a buffet style so very heavy on the carbs, no salad! The next day it was breakfast at the hotel, which was one of the worst I have ever had, eggs were inedible, more snacking, a KFC for dinner. To be honest, not how I like to eat at all, even previous to doing Dukan. I feel (as we all do) just a bit bunged up. Couple this with totm and I have gained back 1.5lbs.

I am looking forward to some vegetables, some protein and definately some water.

I'm glad the wedding went well, Poppy. Despite the non-Dukan-friendly meals the day after, you must be really pleased to find that your experience on the diet has changed the way you view food now and that you're actually craving healthier things. That's a big step forward in the psychology of keeping off the weight you've lost.

I do view food differently now. Before I would have been happy with pasta, potatoes, pasties and viewed bananas as a good snack food. I can now see that carbs were my addiction :) The thing that has really changed is the protein. I don't think I ate nearly enough of it before, always serving myself a small portion of meat. Now I want to eat protein and I make sure I have enough of it (although there was very little at the wedding buffet other than drumsticks covered in sauce). That's why I went for the KFC boneless chicken strips, I wanted to eat protein. My body is starting to feel a bit normal again and I will be making omlettes tonight for us all. Mmmmm salad and omlettes :)

I have spent the last week eating normally or for me, previous to diet, a little more. I have been drinking a glass of wine with dinner, eating starches and snacked on the odd biscuit. Haven't eaten any chocolate since starting this diet and strangely, do not really even fancy it. Totm is dragging it's self out, still waiting for it to start so i can get the relief. Have gained back one of the extra pounds I have lost. Not bad at all.

I am now officially half way through the consolidation period so I shall try and make this week proper conso and see what my body does. I am hostess of a BBQ this weekend and have a major amount of Dukan friendly food being cooked. Should keep me going.

Just eaten my first bit of chocolate since starting the diet. Not as good as I thought it would be! Hasn't stopped me eating it though!

I am hostess of a BBQ this weekend and have a major amount of Dukan friendly food being cooked. Should keep me going.
that's better, make the guests eat healthy DD food rather than having to get round other people's choices of party food. We should all be throwing parties, not worrying about whether to go to one elsewhere!

before.JPGafter.JPG

These are my before and after pictures. The before was at my oldest daughters graduation at my heaviest. The after is me last weekend. I feel so much better. :)

Good weekend, good Dukan food and good friends.

You are looking fab! Well done! :)

Have been very lax on the food front. Pretty much staying the same so I feel I own the weight now but don't like how my body is feeling. It could be I have a total lack of motivation due to all the things going on in my life or it could be that I am just not feeding myself properly. So today I am eating better, more Dukan and I shall see if that helps my body. Feel I may have lost some muscle which can only be the lack of protein in my diet at the moment. Time to cook more chicken!

Can't believe how full I got yesterday with all the Dukan type food, me likey. Official weigh in this morning and I have sts. I am pretty much eating how I did before I dieted and it is staying the same. Very happy with that.

Back