Stabilization I think that is it for me :-)

Had a mint Areo yesterday as I just felt like I should eat some chocolate and you know what? I was bitterly disappointed. Tasted so fake and plastic. Could it be that my tastes have changed that much?

I'll bet that Aero was delicious really, you're just being kind to the rest of us because we can't have one! Don't tell me chocolate doesn't taste as good after being on Dukan?

By the way Poppy, do you like my before and after picture top left?

Mark

Lol, very good. No seriously the Areo did not taste good, I was very disappointed. So disappointed I had to have a glass or two of wine this evening just to try and get over it:p hic

Have you tried very high % chocolate? 70% upwards - it might have a more natural taste. I can completely understand the fake flavour, you've been eating very 'pure' foods for a while and I expect your tastebuds have changed.

Good thinking using wine to rid yourself of the taste ;) are you able to enjoy wine as you did before? I'm staying off it while on cruise but have seen a few comments that ppl still don't have much once in the next stages (eeek!) I can abstain for 4 months but rather looking forward to a glass or 2 once in conso...

I don't have any temptations of chocolate only when my 4 year old daughter stays with me on my days off. I had a Klondike bar (Choc Ice) today as part of my celebration meal. I was 170 when I started on consolidation and have dropped to 164 but according to other Dukans this is normal. I was trying to think what I really miss on the diet but the list is getting smaller and smaller as the diet goes on. I just love the way I am feeling now. On the comment Poppy made about not feeling motivated I have felt like that too sometimes but once I got back in the gym I felt a lot better. If I need motivating I stand in front of the mirror and look at the new me and that picks me right up.
Peter.

I think you are right, nothing tastes that great now that I have had the pure taste of food. Cakes that are bought taste artificial with a texture I used to love but now not so much. Quick and easy fix food - well I look at it with disgust! What sort of nutrition is in it, HOW MANY CARBS! Watching The Good Cook recently with my husband and he turned to me and said 'you are thinking how non Dukan that is aren't you!' You know what, he was right. I was thinking does it really need double cream, how much oil does he really need to add to that. Oh dear.

The wine has been good but I am not much of a drinker to be honest so I usually only have a glass. At the wedding I had a few more and I did feel the effect but I would have anyway. :D

You are doing so well Poppy!
Keep it up! :)

Stayed the same for this weeks weigh in. I think that is me now to be honest. I am eating normally, I don't do the PP day as I am concerned I would loose weight which I don't want to do. I am eating from all food groups so really I think I am on stablization now.

That's brilliant Poppy... I think you're now in the mind frame to always keep the eye on the ball. Are you having 3 x tablespoons oatbran now? Taking regular exercise?

Well done you!

Thanks :) I am not doing the prescribed exercise, but haven't since starting this diet as I just couldn't fit in the walk with the little one, but I am active and I am active all day now, plus my Zumba. Need to do some specific toning exercises I think. Forgotten you could have more oat bran now, ooooo. Have started adding it randomly to things, no one has noticed yet.

I have a 2lb band width that shall be my guide. I weigh daily as it is better for me that I do. Always said this would be my last diet and I truly feel in control now.

Starting to appreciate just how many carbs I used to eat. Yesterday I had two slices of toast for breakfast, then a cheese and onion sandwich because I was out (and a little cake!). For dinner I was going to cook but because I got stuck in a traffic jam (so little one and I shared some refreshers that she had bought for me) which delayed me too much I ended up with a pepperoni pizza and garlic bread! So I did a 'sod it' and ate some of the pudding I made yesterday and then a couple of wheetabix. Now I cannot understand why I ate the wheetabix other than I must have had a carb crash and refueled. Really shocking just how many carbs and how little nutrition there was.

I am still within my band, despite eating like a horse this weekend, but I know if I don't rein it in I will go over. So today I shall try and eat like a normal person. I really need to be looking at more protein in general. A little disappointed in myself to be honest.

How are you doing? Hope all going ok there! How's life in stabilisation? :)

I am good, other than my carb day I have eaten properly. My weight is staying the same, up by nearly a lb today but I would think it will be done again tomorrow. Seems to even out over the week.

How are you doing? Finding easy enough to stick to?

Glad all is good there :) I'm sure the 1lb is a normal fluctuation. You're doing great keeping it off. Are you still pretty much following the consolidation rules? I'm a way off (end Nov) but keep reading up on the next phases lol

All good here, finding it really easy actually (quickly touching wood!!) and enjoying it. It is the only plan I have felt so good and actually had fabulous results too! Determined to stay on it 100% :)

I am not following conso now as my weight stablized really quickly. In the beginning I kept loosing weight but that was more to do with my fear of conso and not being able to fit in all the extras! Sounds so crazy now. I am just eating normally and keeping an eye on things like making sure I have protein and watching the scales. Convinced every morning that I will have gained lots of pounds and still very pleasantly surprised I have not. I have a 2lb band width which is 8st 12lbs to 9st that I want to keep my weight in and that is what is happening. I think my metabolism has been kicked into gear because I am actually eating more than I did before I started the diet.

I am glad you are liking the diet, I really did and it works so well. You are definately having good results and to feel good too is great. When did Dr D say your goal was for? I managed to get to mine 1 week 1 day early :)

It sounds like it is going really well for you - great to hear :) I can completely understand the fear of waking up and finding you've suddenly gained all the lbs back - it falls off so fast, I expect I will worry it comes back as fast too. ;)

My 'true weight' date is November 27th and I'll have a rather long consolidation phase of around 119 days (from memory) so very keen to hear how others do on it. Trying to be as prepared as possible!

My conso was or is 70 days but I also think it will depend on a lot of factors. Why you had gained the weight, what your eating is actually like and if you have taken on board a change in eating. I think for me, because I have an underactive thyroid and the weight crept up and up but I took my calories down and down it was different for me. My thyroid condition is finally under control, the weight off and I am more active by default.

I see you are over half way there now, you must be feeling really different now.

Still managing to sts so really happy with it. Dukan has literally changed my eating habits for the most part and given me a sense of control that I have not had in years. One lady asked me if I had lost weight and I said I had done the Dukan diet. She was very dismissive and said you will never keep it off, these fad diets are bad for you. I told her I had finished the diet a couple of months ago and not put anything back on because it is a complete program. She snorted a bit but didn't say anything more. First person I have come across that was dismissive, thankfully, but made me have more compassion for the larger ladies that must come across this negative attitude more. Why are we so hard on others, such a shame.

Anyway, we are off to Italy for a week in a few days. Really looking forward to it. We are staying in a hotel with our 3 year old and having breakfast there and then out and about. Looked at the breakfast menu and to say there isn't anything Dukan on it is not an understatement! I am thinking I may gain a little from being away but not worried as I know that I will loose it again once home.

Have a couple of good books to read and the weather is 25-30 at the moment. Good times :)

have a nice holiday and im sure you will be fine and not put on much but you know you can get it off again when your home. i have my godsons christening this weekend down south and we are staying in a hotel... i just hope im able to stay kinda on track as its a buffet.... plz plz let there be cold meats chicken or salads lol its the drinking that worries me :( my friend likes a good session and i dont see her often so she will probably keep getting me one

I have to say I avoided most celebration type things whilst I was doing it, but fortunately I didn't have too long to do it for. Hope it all goes well.

Weighed myself today and technically the last day of consolidation and I am still the same. This seems to be my weight now and I didn't even gain the lb over the weekend either. Off on holiday tomorrow. It will be very weird not to weigh myself every day to keep things in check but a good test to see what happens. Italy has such good food and lots of fruit and vegetables so I should be fine. Not too high on the protein though as I am very cautious about eating meat whilst out (too many cases of food poisoning to not be). Lots of yoghurt :)

Back