Stabilization I think that is it for me :-)

Yes I don't want to loose anymore for fear of looking older and scrawny, this weight is about right. I am just surprised at the stomach fat. Must get back to my sit ups as that will improve things. I will add it to my to do list :)

I have given up on the sit-ups, I just don't have the discipline. I now run 5K 3x a week instead and it helps me to just about stay the same despite lots of visitors and nice food...

I read somewhere that yoghurt was good for stomach fat so will be upping my yoghurt intake, especially as I am getting a yoghurt maker for my birthday in a week :)

I'm glad you said this as yoghurt gets such a bad rep on this forum for it's "stalling qualities". I personally love the stuff and feel all the better for eating quite a lot of it.

On a different note, I also got a yoghurt maker for my birthday. I love it! Hope you enjoy yours :D

I was reading somewhere that when probiotic yoghurt was added to the the diet that more weight was lost and kept off than those that didn't. It also seemed to affect the stomach fat more, which is the dangerous fat that sits around the middle. Since finishing the diet and stablizing I haven't been eating as much yoghurt but will be going back to it once my yoghurt maker is here. I saw the package delivered :)

Ooh exciting - I love new kitchen gadgets but rarely get them (too many kids, who keep allowing their feet to grow and need new shoes!). I keep wanting to make yoghurt but worry about it not being pasteurised - do you make a batch up for each day rather than keeping it for long?

I haven't made any yet but I think you boil the milk first so it would be pasteurised, could be wrong. To be honest I tend to go by smell and taste of things now rather than dates.

Understand about the small ones feet getting in the way of things - off to Clarks this week for my little ones feet. That will be 30 odd quid gone!

Just put in our planning permission for our new extension. Will make a lovely open kitchen and just what we need to make things feel better about staying here. Off to drool over units now.

I keep wanting to make yoghurt but worry about it not being pasteurised - do you make a batch up for each day rather than keeping it for long?

Don't worry - the yoghurt is pasteurised because you'd normally use pasteurised milk - you can't actually buy unpasteurised under normal circumstances (unless you have a cow in your back-year d maybe?). And the simplest to use for yoghurt is UHT milk (then no additional heating required) which is not only pasteurised but also heat-treated for longer keeping properties.

Just put in our planning permission for our new extension. Will make a lovely open kitchen and just what we need to make things feel better about staying here. Off to drool over units now.

Woo hoo well done!! It took us two attempts to get ours, due to stupid uncommunicative planning officers, not because we wanted to do 'too much'. Have fun with the planning!! And if you go for full-height pull-out cupboards make sure they're not too wide (have two narrow ones if you have the space) - that was my mistake, it was quire unusable so I just turned it into a big cupboard with drawers because I could not easily change the carcass after it was put up but I could change the fittings inside ;-)

Thanks for the tips Anjuschka. We are hoping to put in a usable pantry as well as the fitted kitchen (with island) but I have been looking at those big cupboards. Shall have a rethink. We have 3 sets of corner units here and they are great for using up the space but horrible to actually use effectively. You just cannot get into them properly but unfortunately it is most of my cupboard space. :-(

Our architect used to work for the council that the planning is going into so hopefully it shouldn't be too difficult but based on our experiences in the last 2 years over moving etc I am betting on nothing!!! He picked up on a couple of things that might have been an issue and we have removed or remodeled those, fingers crossed.

You are right on the milk, of course. So it would only be if you need to keep it longer you would boil it? I am itching to get hold of my yoghurt maker, not until Thursday evening :-((

Well today is my birthday and the first in many, many years that I am not lamenting my size, shape or making promises that this will be the last one at this size etc etc etc. Then making excuses that it is only 6 weeks till Christmas and I can't loose much before then so better wait until the New Year, blar, blar, blar, blar, blar.

This birthday I am the weight I want to be, the size I want to be, the age I don't want to be!!!:cry::faint2:

Awh Poppy - many happy returns of the day :D

You've done brilliantly! :D

Happy birthday !! Are you yoghurt making now :)

Just unwrapped my gifts (I know but I like to wait until everyone is home) and yes, 1 yoghurt maker was in my gifts. Believe it or not I have to wait until Sunday night now to make some as we are going away for the weekend and I have 1 tub of yoghurt left to eat! Bad timing or what.

I am now so stuffed but instead of feeling guilty I know that any excesses will even out and I will be able to stay in my weight range. Good times :)

Hiya!

Just read your food diary and its fab! Here to follow if you don't mind!

Ruth
x

Hi Ruth. My goal when starting this diet was to try and keep to the food I already ate and to prepare similar meals for the family. So when I made spaghetti bolognaise I made it the same way I already did but removed anything Dukan. So the family had the noodles and the cheese but I had mine with the galette. It worked really well and because it was unlimited I could eat as much as I liked.

It also meant that I wasn't cooking a lot of food I couldn't eat and made me more aware of what I was eating. Hubby lost weight (grrrr!) but my little girl I just added more fat to her diet in other ways.

How are you finding the diet? I really love Dukan and I tell anyone that I meet I do!! Done properly it works.

:candle1::candle1::candle1::candle1::candle1:
:bday: Happy belated birthday! :bday:
:birthday:​

I'd just like to say you are an inspiration Poppy. You are doing so well and I know as you didn't have much to lose how much harder conso and stab are but you've done it! Well done.
Take care,
Red :heartpump:​

Thank you, that is so kind. But look at your losses and look how close you are to your goal! Amazing to be honest. How are you feeling now? Looking forward to some new food on conso? Proper Christmas dinner? A new wardrobe :)

Hi Ruth. My goal when starting this diet was to try and keep to the food I already ate and to prepare similar meals for the family. So when I made spaghetti bolognaise I made it the same way I already did but removed anything Dukan. So the family had the noodles and the cheese but I had mine with the galette. It worked really well and because it was unlimited I could eat as much as I liked.

It also meant that I wasn't cooking a lot of food I couldn't eat and made me more aware of what I was eating. Hubby lost weight (grrrr!) but my little girl I just added more fat to her diet in other ways.

How are you finding the diet? I really love Dukan and I tell anyone that I meet I do!! Done properly it works.

Hello!

Sorry for the late reply I have been away for the weekend!
I love Dukan, I feel so much better and I really can't get enough of it! I tell everyone about it too!!!

I do the same as you do with your little girl for my OH. He used to have anorexia so I dont want him eating low fat food! Ill make what I have and add chips/jacket potato etc and it seems to work fine for him!

You are really doing so well! How is Conso?

Ruth
x

To be honest I found conso hard to start with, I just couldn't get my head around it and I really missed the strictness of cruise. The lovely ladies on here really helped me through it and I was lucky in that I stablised really quickly. I now eat what I want and I don't do the PP day as I was 2lbs under. I am conscious of what I eat and like this week and weekend, I have eaten more stuff than I would normally so a couple of lbs have come back on but I know this week that I will eat normally again and the weight will come back off.

I found this diet to be great for my health, in fact I had not felt so healthy in a very long time. I now wonder if I have an intolerance to wheat in particular or if my body likes being in ketosis. I am considering doing cruise again to see if it is the mild ketosis or the wheat that is the key to my health. May need to ask a question of the experts on here :)

Going to do cruise for a bit, ie a few days, and see if it helps me to work out if it is food, specifically wheat, that is causing me issues. I figure if I can get back to that place where I had energy and woke up in the mornings by eliminating wheat and going back into light ketosis. Then I can add rice and potatoes and see if I go back to tired again. I have tried just removing wheat but it is virtually impossible so cruise with all PV days and not worrying about the fat content (still in ketosis right?). I am only 1lb over at the moment so not worried about loosing weight just want to have energy again.

b - cottage cheese (not a breakfast eater)
l - scrambled eggs, roast chicken
d - chicken casserole and gallette.
s - yoghurt probably since I am now yoghurt making obsessed!

Yes, I am a bit wheat sensitive too and love bread, can't wait to get back to it. But before Dukan I tried the advice of someone to avoid having wheat two days running, and that seemed to work. Also I went onto buckwheat pasta and really like it, had found my finger joints swell a bit with ordinary pasta. Buckwheat savoury pancakes are lovely too. Buckwheat is not a grain but a seed from a plant with a heart shaped leaf. No glutens at all.

Back