I thinking im losing the fight:(

natlou79

2 weeks ago I had a relapse and ended up eating rubbish:( but picked myself back up for a few days but once again I'm back at work and it began all over again I've been on nites this weekend and ended up eating chocolate covered biscuits, sweets, and mini cheddars. I got home this morning saying that's it I'll get my head sorted and my lovely husband had cooked me a sausage Sarnie and felt like I couldn't say no as he had gone through the effort of making breakfast.... and anyone know working on knows that it usually makes u crave the bad foods! I'm thinking of going on attack again and start fresh but looking at previous threads some say it's not a good idea, any advice? x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Myself personally when I've messed up is the next day do a PP and the following day PV & lots of water. I've been doing rubbish lately, but thankfully not gained :confused: which I'm really thankful for. DONT GIVE UP!!!!!!
Jackie xx

You can't turn back time - not even 5 mins, so don't dwell, just move on.

Tomorrow is a new day, focus on that. Prepare lots of things tonight so you are ready, willing and able to cope with your day tomorrow. Boiled eggs, chicken strips tins of tuna etc. I find when I start my day well (with turkey bacon and dry fried eggs or galette and 0% yoghurt) I am set up for the day so am A: not ravenous B: focused on DD.

You. Can. Do. This!!!!!! X

Please don't give up Natlou - you have done so very well! No-one can do this for you but you have proved you can - thinking of you and hoping you can make a plan for tomorrow and the rest of week - you will feel great if you can do it. Good luck.

You don't have to give up - you are doing very well in very difficult circumstance (working nights is tough - working nights surrounded by treats is very very tough).

Instead of thinking "I've failed, I have to give up/start all over again" realise that you don't have to be perfect (none of us are!).

This is just part of your normal life on Dukan, and you already have the tools to keep you on course, limit the damage and keep going to the point you want to be.

As others have said - every time you slip, take a couple of pp days, and then back to cruise.

Your journey will be slower - but surer and happier if you can find a way to make this part of your life. It's got to be better than giving up.

Once you know it's not "all or nothing" you may even find the pressure to give in to treats is reduced, and it becomes easier to stick to cruise.

what news Natlou? You back on track and feeling great? Hope so - my fingers are crossed!x

Atropos said:
You don't have to give up - you are doing very well in very difficult circumstance (working nights is tough - working nights surrounded by treats is very very tough).

Instead of thinking "I've failed, I have to give up/start all over again" realise that you don't have to be perfect (none of us are!).

This is just part of your normal life on Dukan, and you already have the tools to keep you on course, limit the damage and keep going to the point you want to be.

As others have said - every time you slip, take a couple of pp days, and then back to cruise.

Your journey will be slower - but surer and happier if you can find a way to make this part of your life. It's got to be better than giving up.

Once you know it's not "all or nothing" you may even find the pressure to give in to treats is reduced, and it becomes easier to stick to cruise.

Great advice. I have had a really bad weekend - this is exactly what I need to hear. Thank you!!

Thanku everyone for ur support and knowledge:) it is very hard resisting all the treats at work as all the patients or patients relative bake huge chocolate cakes or bring in huge chocolate tubs, I'm sure it's going to get worse too since Xmas is upon us! I'm goin to stop so being hard myself too:) today I have been ok and have food planned all day today doing the PP day so all is good:) xx

Damn Christmas and those tubs of choccy! LOL - mind you the treats just keep coming whatever the time of year for you guys!! Well done you - stay strong! x

Those Chocs are a killer, I bought 2 big tins in the supermarket yesterday for hubby & visitors, they are staring at me lol the seal is still on them just now and I think when it's it's broken I'll get hubby to tape them back up & sign the seal so I don't break into them lmao

lol ive bought a tin of roses for xmas, i gave them to my neighbour to keep for me until xmas just incase i opened them ha ha

Lol I know what u mean it's a nightmare, I'm going to make those jelly beans, chocolate pralines, and milk jellies to curb my sweet temptation! I have got chicken stew( without the veg) and a dumpling for tea tonight. Been good so far and made sure I drank as much fluids as I can. That's another issue working on the wards, I never get time to have a gd drink it's just 100ml cups maybe 3 times in a 12.5 shift excluding breaks! x

Back