I want a success tattoo!

thats fantastic well done you
i know that feeling of not being able to say no to food but after 17 weeks on cambridge i am starting to feel like i am winning the battle and getting closer to my cup cake tattoo

aww a cupcake! thats so cute, do you have any pics? the only thing i have to decide on is what kind of font i want it in :p

I have loads of pics of the type of thing i want but I will post one of mine when it is done.
Google fonts I have words on my wrist and Julie (the lady who does my tatts) had loads of fonts to choose from so ask at the studio they normally have font books

dafont.com is an awesome site! Loads and loads on there, found the font I wanted for my foot tat on there. Knew the sort of thing I wanted and as soon as I saw it knew that was it :)

same here dafont.come found the font i want and showed the lady and she is working my tattoo for me now even though Im nowhere near the 3 stone loss I need for it :rolleyes:

thanks :) i'll have a look at that 2moro when i have more time, should be getting ready for work as we speak! not even started on my tea yet.
i knew what i wanted on my arm, i drew what i wanted and they drew it again and it looked fab! and i'm very very happy with it :)

I love the phoenix idea for a tattoo and the two pics in post 12 are fab but you would have to ask permission of the original deviant art artist to use them you know!!!

apprently you can now be sued for taking a copyrighted image and using it as a tattoo or takeing someone elses tattoo or design and using it!

although most artist are cool and let you use it as long as you change something on it..

Tattoo Information Knowledge Base - Tattoo Copyright

I've got two tattoos currently and I'm always thinking about the next one! I will definitely be getting a tattoo when I've hit my 1 stone target. I really like the idea of the cupcake on the hip. I would probably get some other kind of food though as I'm more of a biscuit girl rather than cake. However I do LOVE that idea!

I also really want a quote from the Twilight series, but there are so many quotes that I love that I'm not sure which one to choose! That will be a future tattoo though.

The phoenix is also a really nice idea and I really like the idea of wings on my back, but the wings I have in mind are huge so will need money to be saved up! lol :D

I have to say I was struggling earlier today finding how I could really get my head in the game to go all the way with the diet I'm on and this thread got me totally excited. I've always wanted to get a big 'ol back piece done but I always decided I couldnt because I was too heavy. What better way to celebrate a big loss than to do what I've always wanted!

I'm particularly interested in fusing Japanese classic with tribal. Hummm, I'll have to share some pics when I finish drawing it up.

sounds fab I will keep an eye out for them x

I want one tooo!!!!

Tattoo

Hi Everyone. I love the idea of the Phoenix tattoo. It is really symbolic of the change that we all want to make, I have 3 tattoosand with each one I have waited about ayear before getting it so I know I won't regret it. Got my first one 9 years ago and I still love it - but have so many friends who hate theirs so make sure it is what you really want.

I would like something small on my wrist to look at to remind me to keep going, focus and never give up but I am not a keen fan of word tattoos. Any ideas?

What about a butterfly From one existence as the slow and crawling caterpillar, then to the dormant and captive chrysalis or cocoon, and finally the rebirth into a light and airy winged creature, the metamorphosis of the butterfly is one of its most powerful and uplifting meanings. Accordingly, over time, the butterfly has also come to represent not only beauty itself but also the transitory nature of that beauty and indeed of all life.

tabono.jpg

Tabono - the 'paddles'. Ancient African Symbol- Symbol represents strength and perseverence.

The Koi as a symbol represents perseverance in the face of adversity and strength of character or purpose. The Carp can also represents wisdom, knowledge, longevity, and loyalty.

I have a koi its one of my favs

kerry i love those butterfly tattoo's. I see your from bedford aswell. Me too!

this is my tattoo, i had it done last week. it is something that took me 6 months to completely and 100% decide what i wanted. the words are symbolic to me be cause they show how far i have come in my life. below is a simple explanation......

courage = because i have needed it to over come a childhood filled with pain.

love = my partner who loves me no matter who or what i am.

hope = is for my neice Mia who is 4, we dont see her any more but its my hope that where ever she is she is safe and well and that one day i might find her even if its only to say a final goodbye.

Its lovely and I love the meanings.:)

Hi fellow Bedfordian :D

I'm thinking about getting a koi on my side/hip. Always wanted one done.

kerryberry - had a look through your pics. I have the same shark tattoo! knew I shouldn't have picked off the wall of the tattoo place, but I loved it when I saw it hehe :p Mines a bit bigger and on my lower back on the spine. Most painful one i've had done lol!

ooh i promised myself last night that if .... sorry when i reach target i'm gonna reward myself with a tattoo :)

I'm wanting a tattoo right now but not sure where to put it. Latest ideas are some stars on my shoulder blade. But I really want it somewhere I can see it regularly so am thinking of some stars or cherry blossoms on my wrist or ankle. I want it to remind me of the achievement in weight loss I have made. The only thing that puts me off at the moment is having the tatt done somewhere that will become too saggy. I have some saggy skin already and will probably get more so whatever I have done will most likely have to wait until I have completely finished weight loss and any follow up surgery I might have - but that just seems so long away and I am not sure that I want to wait that long lol.

I have 3 tattoos already and have decided that to mark my weight loss i am going to have butterflies going up my leg. one for each stone lost. Im going to wait until i reach 4 stone gone (in 5lbs time) then go and get it designed and booked. then if i lose any more i will add to it

Lots of cool ideas, Ive wanted a tattoo for years but never been brave enough.

One of my friends stupidly had her boyfriends name tattooed on her (i dont know what she was thinking...) anyway his name was Matt so when they broke up she had it changed to "It doesnt Matter" lol

My boyfriend has an amazing tatt on his arm, its a angel fighting a demon to represent good v evil

Back