I want a success tattoo!

flowers are good symbols, cherry blossom, lotus flower? i have 2 tatto's one of a dove with symbols wadu ryu (karate style) on my shoulder which didnt hurt.
And a qoute around my wrist which hurt on the vein part, saying "it will not always be summer" in latin, basically means everything will not always be good but good times will come again. Latin qoute are great

cherry blossoms are great well i am bias as i have some lol they symbolise different things

For the Chinese the cherry blossom is a very significant symbol of power. Typically it represent a feminine beauty and sexuality and often holds an idea of power or feminine dominance. Within the language of herbs and herbal lore of the Chinese the cherry blossom is often the symbol of love.

Japanese Cherry Blossom:
For the Japanese the cherry blossom holds very different meaning. The cherry blossom is a very delicate flower that blooms for a very short time. For the Japanese this represents the transience of life.

mine are japanese as life is to short

very nice tatoo

I'm gonna get my favourite quote when I've lost the weight: I'm Free To Be Whatever I Choose.

Few reasons, one because I just think it's a great quote and taken from one of my favourite all time songs, Whatever by Oasis. Also if you link it to weight loss it's you that chooses if you want to be overweight or normal weight, your free to choose what you want to do. No one else can make you slim or over weight

I like your tattoo. I am going to get one done when I have lost all my weight I have seen a really nice butterfly tattoo that I want so as soon as I reach goal I am going to treat myself.

I am wanting to get a tattoo when I reach my goal... I want something that is inspirational, and everytime I see it I can remember what it took. I really love your tattoo. I want something similar on my foot. I like the saying "one step at a time" but it to be part of a vine of flowers or something. Any ideas?

best thing to do is to go to the tattooist and tell them what your after and they are normaly really helpful thats what i do and mine always comes up with great ideas.
So collect pics of flowers or vines and fonts that you like and take them with you to give them an idea of what your after.

i have a very large tattoo on my back...and to answer your question yes it hurts but its nothing you cant handle and once its done its something you will be proud of and want more lol

i agree i have full size angel and OMG it hurt but that didn't stop me getting more i love tattoo's and plan on getting more.

Last edited:
Lol, none of mine have honestly hurt that much, I really enjoy getting them done, but then I've always been a bit mad :D

Lol, none of mine have honestly hurt that much, I really enjoy getting them done, but then I've always been a bit mad :D

I love getting them and most of mine were ok and not that painful apart from my lower back but then i can't stand it being touched or cream being rubbed in as its so ticklish. I do need to get my wings touched up with extra detailing but finishing my sleeve at the moment. A friend of mine wants to photograph mine as maybe after this diet i will let him when he first asked i said no way.

I want loads more done lol, have them all planned and know exactly what I want, just the money :( Plus hubby keeps moaning at me about getting any more, but tough lol!

my hubby is ok about it the lady that does mine is so booked up i can only get in once every six weeks and it cost me £60 a session so its not to bad and as i am not drinking on this diet i might aswell spend it on tattoos lol

21440-albums1445-picture8614.jpg

I am thinking of getting the shark in the middle of my back covered with old school traditional roses i think that will go better with them what do you think ??

Glad I stumbled on this thread I was planning on giving myself a little treat for every stone or so i lose - but wanted something that would last not something like a manicure or what not..

so came up with the idea for every 3 stone I lose ill get a tattoo that means something personal to me done..

first one is already planned even though ive just started and will be a quote on my lower back
"life isnt about surviving the storm, its to learn how to dance in the rain"

something that will always remind me what im doing all this for so i can finally Live my life.

Great idea Strawberri, yes tattoos are certainly a great way of having a personnal treat, and something you'll always have.

Kerry - Old school roses would look excellent as a cover up! I love roses and there is so much you can do with a rose design. Would look cool with the wings :)

cheers Stirky
I love old school tatts I want a pair of swallows on my calves but i was thinking with more of a new school graffitti style, to represent my 2 fab mad aunties who were good role models when my mum let me and my sisters down I thought that would be a good tribute

i want to get a tat for every 2 stone i loose, i would say for every stone but i think i would have to get way to many lol and i already have some. i only have a few pounds to go and then i will be off to get the one i want, i want a oscar wilde quote on my arm.
"i can resist everything except temptation"
lol i think it speaks for itself :p

wow thats a good quote

yeah it's something that i've always felt about food, i never seem to resist temptation! but with the new diet and the way i'm feeling it will take alot to bring me down! :D having the best week of my entire life :D:D

Back