I want a success tattoo!

I've wanted a tattoo for a while, either paw prints (I love cats, a big part of my life) or a hand drawn messy star kind of thing. I draw them on everything, so would be nice to have a long lasting one lol

I'm off to a tattoo show next weekend, first time they've had one down here in Plymouth, so very excited! There will be loads of artists there, might even get a little tat if anybody can fit me in, I know they get pretty booked up for these shows!! But if not my friend and I are planning to revisit a great tattooist down in Newquay very soon!

That's the problem with tattoos, once you start you can't stop! I have loads planned, just having the money to get them done without hubby moaning at me lol! x

Oo I wonder if I could bomb down to plymouth, do you need tickets for it?

On of the main reasons I'm losing weight is so that I can get some more tattoos, I feel limited as to where I can put them at the moment because everything's so flabby. I'd love to get one up my side or on my thigh!

I am thinking of getting 'change' or 'abeo' (latin for change) on my wrist, it's the motto for my weight/life change. I'd like to get the whole thing, but it's a bit big for fitting under a watchstrap.

Oh yes come and and come with us!! Think you can get tickets at the door :D I can't wait, so excited lol!

O I might check it out n see if I can actually make it! lol.

I take it back, I am much further from Plymouth that I originally thought, lol. Must brush up on my geography!

Haha lol yes we are quite a way away from most places down here!!

A tattoo artist I once knew said the most common tattooes to celebrate weight loss were butterflies and birds.

well ive got a bird anyway so may aswell get the butterflies lol

Haha yeh sod it, as long as it's pretty who cares :)

Yeh the last time I went to plymouth I was already staying at my dad's which is in Devon so it didn't seem too far...oh well...

Grr, had my tattoo all planned, was going to be booking it in for next week, figured I'd recheck the latin, using the library this time, and found that my word was comepletely wrong....stupid internet...just glad that I double checked.

Ooh yes just as well you double checked! What are you getting done??

It was going to be the latin for 'change' on my wrist, but as the latin was wrong and I don't really want it in English I don't know. I'll keep thinking.

Ive decided Im having the word "Free" maybe with a fairy or butterfly, or whatever I find that I like, because Im fed up of being a prisioner in my own body, so losing this weight is going to remind me that I actually am free, free of the weight, free of feeling bad about myself

thats a lovely idea sammy

Yeh really like that idea Sammy :) I've noticed with ur little ticker tracker doodahs that you liek butterflies, lol :)

I'm now thinking maybe 'strength' in welsh...lol...i'll make a decision at some point.

I just got a huge tattoo on my back. It says "Citius, Altius, Fortius". It means Faster, Higher, Stronger..... This tattoo, means so much for me. Especially since I got it yesterday. I lost .5 stone, which here in the states, I think is 7 pounds. Get something that represents your victory.

Im getting my tattoo done on wednesday.

its 4 butterflies to represent the 4 stone i've managed to lose so far, hopefully ill be adding another 2 as that will mean i've reached my goal. I'll post a picture when its done :)

loving this thread ladies.

I'm a huge tattoo fan, i have 1 full sleeve of traditional work which is almost finished (think anchors, pinups, swallows, mermaids etc) both feet tattoed, something on my lower back and one on my finger.

i want to get a couple of goal tattoos.. one will be to represent my achievement in a very definate way like the date i hit goal or the number of pounds lost, behind my ear. The other is a garter around my thigh with a western pistol tucked in it, something ive wanted to have for ages but my thighs are too large for it!

i wanna see photos of everyones!

i've got mine now

to represent the 4 stone lost (although im almost on 5 now!)

33392_10150221199275117_648685116_13379911_4907965_n.jpg

Let me give you a lil background about me. I have struggled with weight loss for over 4 years. Within those 4 years, I probably started a diet mmmmmmmm like 100 times, obviously, never sticking to it. I always make excuses. one way or another i would talk my way out of it and think to myself... well there is always next monday. Now, everyone here talks about getting a tattoo after they reached their goal. You see, here is my problem..... I can't commit to a diet. So.... what i was thinking is that i should hold myself accountable.... We all would hate to have a tattoo that is not meaningful. the reason why some of us take years of planning and preparation for that perfect tattoo. Here is my twist, and i want to know what you guys think. I would like to get a tattoo of the date when i get the tattoo... the date will symbolize my commitment for the future.... so in other words... I'm going to give that tattoo a meaning for the rest of my life.... i would never have a tattoo without a meaning to it. therefore if i do that... Im pretty much forcefully committed! what you all think?

Back