I want the old me back!

hi Violet, I usually do drink decaff but I'd been out for lunch with a friend and didn't ask for decaff. Perhaps that's why I felt so bad, I'm not used to it anymore!

Weigh in day....I've lost 10lbs in 13 days, more than happy with that. Just two more pounds to get under 14 stone. That really will be progress for me, I can't wait! I'm grinning just thinking about it and how close it is! I've spent too many years being over 14 stone, it's time to move on and not use food as a crutch.

Fab WI Choccie, well done. I've found not having food available helps ie I take my pre-packed lunch to work & that's it I don't have any snacky options available for the stressful moments where I'd have turned to sugar & chocolate before.

Interesting to hear the effect caffeine on you - definitely one to avoid repeating! I've managed to give up chocolate and cheese, just at he moment to add caffeine to that list would be asking too much.

Fab WI Choccie, well done. I've found not having food available helps ie I take my pre-packed lunch to work & that's it I don't have any snacky options available for the stressful moments where I'd have turned to sugar & chocolate before.

Interesting to hear the effect caffeine on you - definitely one to avoid repeating! I've managed to give up chocolate and cheese, just at he moment to add caffeine to that list would be asking too much.

Cheese was definitely my thing, cheese with every meal pretty much lol! I've had cheese twice in just over 14months, I miss it sometimes :)

I'm not a fan of cheese, but I do wonder if I'll ever be able to completely give up chocolate. I'm craving it already! Is it possible to get real DIary Milk-like chocolate for under 5% fat? I doubt it, but I am going to have to start looking!

lol! No chance hun... the only way you could have chocolate is to stop the Xenical, sadly :(

I thought I'd never be able to give up chocolate but I've pretty much done it, I've probably had chocolate 5-7 times over the last 14 months..I would happily have a a huge block of diary milk for my dinner last year, I do miss it sometimes, I may treat my self at Christmas :)

I must admit to still having chocolate sometimes. Not very often but a little taste is all I need

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Muller do a light yoghurt which describes itself as having chocolate sprinkles - I can definitely taste the chocolate in it. There's also a chocolate & banana gluten-free bar that has 1.3g fat per bar. I had it in the first few days when I was really missing chocolate, luckily now I've got past the chocolate craving point.

When it comes to chocolate and sweets, once you have it, then you're going to want it more, it's the sugar in it, it makes you want it more. I do find that once you've been away from it a while, it doesn't bother you, your mind does trick you into thinking you want it, but you don't actually need it ;)

ooh...if you did want something chocolatey... the chocolate frijj milkshakes are ok :)

i can vouch for the fact that if you have a little bit you'll want more!! I have a very sweet tooth and i'm finding it hard as i'm craving it badly.

I've just had a quick look and if you make asda's own chocolate angel delight with skimmed milk it only has 4.3g fat per 100g.

Not sure if that helps at all but i think the whole idea of making this work for life is finding ways to have what we enjoy but in healthier forms.

When it comes to chocolate and sweets, once you have it, then you're going to want it more, it's the sugar in it, it makes you want it more. I do find that once you've been away from it a while, it doesn't bother you, your mind does trick you into thinking you want it, but you don't actually need it ;)

So right, now I've weaned myself off chocolate I'm not fussed about it even when OH leaves an open toblerone bar on the side. I found it helped having the semi-chocolate foods during the first few days rather than going 'cold-turkey'.

Back