• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

I want to thank Mars/Masterfood

NikkiH

Likes to eat
S: 15st6lb C: 12st11lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 27.2 Loss: 2st9lb(17.13%)
why not????

NikkiH

Likes to eat
Oh! - I get it now (thank you x )

aww, you poor pet :(

NikkiH

Likes to eat
actually whats their reasoning for doing that?

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
S: 18st2lb C: 15st8.5lb G: 11st2lb Loss: 2st7.5lb(13.98%)
Perhaps the answer lies in the name Mars/Masterfood:confused:

Mars make sweets and Masterfood makes dog food.

So a lot of dead calves would be used in the making of dog food as there is a glut of calves going for slaughter as no one wants them...there was a programme on television the other night about the countryside and farming and it showed all these male calves being killed:( I had to switch it off.

So perhaps they have thought this is more cost effective way of using the calves stomachs...:rolleyes:

sonkie

Gold Member
G: 12st0lb
Perhaps the answer lies in the name Mars/Masterfood:confused:

Mars make sweets and Masterfood makes dog food.

So a lot of dead calves would be used in the making of dog food as there is a glut of calves going for slaughter as no one wants them...there was a programme on television the other night about the countryside and farming and it showed all these male calves being killed:( I had to switch it off.

So perhaps they have thought this is more cost effective way of using the calves stomachs...:rolleyes:

Ewwwww I feel sick now........that is disgusting.

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
S: 18st2lb C: 15st8.5lb G: 11st2lb Loss: 2st7.5lb(13.98%)

Janey

Intuitive Eater
Cavy, I found out last Thursday and was annoyed at the time but now I'm relieved. I don't want to eat their muck anymore and using the stomach linings of slaughtered male calves - the unwanted by-product of the dairy industry - makes me feel very disappointed in them. I will stick to ethical companies now like Green & Blacks.

raudi

One Last Time.......
S: 20st1lb C: 15st9lb BMI: 30.5 Loss: 4st6lb(22.06%)
Well i didn't realise they used calves either, i for one won;t be eating these ever again

Cavycrazy

Silver Member
S: 12st7lb C: 12st4lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 27.8 Loss: 0st3lb(1.71%)
I know the thought of what they are now going to be using just sickens me, and I know I wont be able to eat ANY of their products.

I wont knowling eat any product which contains animals. :sigh:

Its just not right.!! :mad:

On one hand they have done me a big favour as I am a real chocolate monster, and I havent been able to break my addiction for Maltesers etc.... but with what they have done... I know I WONT be able to eat any of those products any more !!

I think are going to loose a lot of business over this. Vegetarian or not... its still sickening to think what they are going to be adding to your favourite choccie bar. !:sign0137:

foodfairy

Silver Member
S: 12st2lb C: 12st1lb G: 10st7lb Loss: 0st1lb(0.59%)
oh my god!! i dont think i'll be eating their stuff in future either knowing that, shame as i love malteasers :cry:

Janey

Intuitive Eater
This story has been spread across the press and internet - I think it will be damaging to Mars' profits. It isn't just vegetarians who are sickened by the news and will be boycotting their chocolate.

Pinkdiamond

Is it nearly October yet?
Just read on sky news they have reversed their plans to use a by-product containing animal enzymes. :)

Pinkdiamond

Is it nearly October yet?
So wait, does this mean that they're not going to do this now? There will be no animal bits in the chocolate? :confused:

Yes indeedie :D