Step 1 Sole Source I will not be 'the fat daughter from the UK' this time (and all her CD buddies!!)

:8855: I have a bumble bee costume that I wore when in Benidorm a couple of years ago - it was a bit tight then but I was abroad and couldn't care less! Its short though.....

My friends having a halloween party on 3rd November and I really don't want to buy something new so I'd like to be confident enough to wear the bumble bee costume in front of friends! The costume is also reversible (to a ladybird) so I can change halfway through the night and make everyone think they're going mad..

skinnybean2b said:
Hi bigLinz, im on my second week and went on to ss+ as i have to have 4 products a day, and i had a sneaky look on the scales this morning and i have lost 5lbs since last wed, so its not affected my weight loss. i find it much much easier, i cooked seabass on sat eve and you can have loads! 2 fillets so did that with some stir fry veg scrummy!! You can always try it for a week, and if it doesnt work for you, then change back. xxx

How is everyone on this dull dreary monday? xxx

You are a hero! I can't wait to start SS+, I am seeing my consultant in 1 hr 30 minutes and I'm switching all my nasty products for chocolate milkshake and butterscotch. Just two more days until weigh in day!!

Scales say 11lbs lost :)

Woop woop xxx

Wow big Linz that's an amazing loss can't wait till you go to your CDC :) bet your feeling fantastico. I keep toying with the idea of soul source plus but worried it will effect the losses xx

slimminggirl- i just posted on your thread about ss+, Ill keep you informed on my weight loss this week, was only expecting 4/5lbs on ss, so getting that on ss+ i will be so pleased :) xx

I'm so excited I just swapped mushroom soup, vanilla shake and banana tetra paks for chocolate everything and butterscotch! Haven't eaten yet today cos I couldn't bear the chalk! So excited.

I have a confession though, I ate two haribo and a crisp :-( woops. Stupid I know but I figured I only had 2 Cambridge things not 4 yesterday none atoll today, so hopefully the difference in sugar between that and a milkshake won't be too bad!

I googled the nutritional Info, why does everything on Cambridge contain so much carbohydrate if it's advertised as a low carb and high protein diet?

X

Oooh can't wait for everyone's weigh in's!!

I've just looked at my tetra and it says 7g of carbs, so three of those would be 21g which is low compared to 'normal' and 'recommended' levels. I've done atkins a few times and thats 20g carbs in your first two weeks going up to a maximum of 50g as you progress. My personal trainer friend also advises around 50 carbs a day (something she sticks to nearly all the time!) I don't know about the other CD products though.

Don't worry about the blip - we're only human and now you're all motivated so its forgotten!

Nearly home for me thankfully.

Well done, everyone. You all sounds really motivated and determined, and I particularly like the idea of the costume party as an incentive!

I had my first official WI this morning after five and a half days on Step 2, and I've lost 8lbs and 9.5". My BMI is down from 30 to 29.5. I'm wearing a dress that I couldn't sit down in last week and it looks good. Yay!

Just realised that I'm starving hungry, then remembered that all I've had all day is two shakes and two cups of tea. No wonder!

Let us know how you get on Fiona!

Pudding-that's fantastic! You will get into the bee costume and look great! I was going to try and be brave and put some face pics up, but I'm not sure how....

Oh don't be disheartened! You may have a large loss next week. Some people's body's take longer to adjust than others. Chin up! Have you drank lots of water today? Is there anyway you can weigh in morning? Some days I can put 4lbs on during the day just due to water intake.
Xxx

Oh Fiona, I know you're disappointed, I would be too when you hear other peoples losses BUT its still 4lbs that are gone. Is it TOTM or coming up to? Have you done your inches? Did your CDC have any advice? You should feel very proud tho of sticking to plan, thats a good feeling and something to remember too.

Well done Curly!

I thought about putting some pics up to but think I'll wait till goal and have my CDC send me hers, I took some nearly naked pics on my phone might put them up (censored!!) at the end too...I cant offer any advice on how to do it though - oh is it daisy that puts lots of pics on her diary? She'll help!

Done the defuzzing, going to have a bath after hollyoaks, final tetra, glug glug glug of water and day 6 is over.

Xx

Fiona, hun, I reckon we can ALL identify with you. Eating chocolate so quick you cant even taste it? Exactly what I would. Feel like a big fat failure? Yep I would/do too. Look in the mirror feeling disgusted? Yup every day.

Broke up with my ex officially 18 months ago after wasting 2 more years on and off making up excuses for why he cheated on me over and over again. One of those reasons? My weight. Another? No confidence to go and do fun things because of my weight. Another? Not adventurous enough in the sack - not all weight but other issues too. He controlled me and stole all the initial confidence ge'd given me in the beginning. I now have no desire to be in a relationship ever again yet dont want to be alone, ive convinced myself its all to do with my weight hence being here on CD.

I want to be confident and positive but its hard. Really hard.

Im not entirely sure anymore where I was going with thi but suffice to say we totally understand how your feeling after weigh in, itheres way more to losing weight than the pounds dropping off so all combined together a disappointing loss feels epic.

However, as Alice said, I often give myself very good advice but i very seldom folow it...(in Wonderland - my fave book/film)

I hope that doesnt sound patronising I just want you to know youre not alone.

Xxx

Big big hugs you have done so well, draw a line under it and tomorrow is a new day a loss is a loss and look at what else this week has taught you. You have will power you can do this and your an inspiration to others. It takes some will power and you can do this. Don't be so tough on yourself xx

I've just woken up and i'm so hungry - this is such an alien feeling to me! I usually wake up bloated (pre CD) and go and eat weetabix/whatever rubbish is around out of habit then head off for work.

No bloating and hunger - what a strange feeling!

Anyone else found this?

Fiona - I bet that toast tasted delicious! Don't panic about the food, up your water intake this week. I've certainly noticed a difference in weight loss the days I drink almost excessive water. The fact you had disappointment, ate and returned to Cambridge shows a massive change. Normally we eat things that maybe we shouldn't then wake up and do it again. Well I do anyway! Recently gained 1 stone doing that, because I got so fed up of the slimming world scales saying STS all the time!

Have a fabulous day ladies

Xx

Good morning girlies.

iate- did your CDC measure you?

Im off work today, yesterday afternoon I struggled to even look at a my computer screen, I feel sick, shakey and just terrible, I don't think it's any relation to the diet. Just got a bug, today will be a challenge as when I'm ill I want to do nothing my drink tea and eat biscuits! But it's my wi tomorrow so I must be strong!

How is everyone feeling today? Xxx

Devastated re the news of LMFAO splitting! I paid to go to Dubai last year so I could see them perform at nassimi beach - it was absolutely epic! Obviously went for a holiday too not just that and my bf proposed Just after *lush* nearly a year since we've been engaged and then it's my birthday the next day, what do we do to celebrate when I'm not meant to eat or drink?

This diet coke and squash ban is also a killer! Bring on the 810 diet. Will do that in 2 stones time xx

Hi y'll

I really feel for anyone who has a disappointing WI after the first week, especially on SS. I weighed myself on my own scales before my WI so the loss my CDC noted was less that I thought it would be. But despite my initial feeling of gloom I had to remember - it was still a loss!

This journey is one of the hardest we can make. It involves a huge turn around in our attitudes towards food, life, ourselves, everything - there's no way that can be done without enormous sacrifice and courage, and don't you forget it! I need a job (my current contract is coming to an end) and going for interviews feeling fat and frumpy is goung to hold me back. I need to do this - for a million other reasons too, I haven't had a relationship of any sort for years - too embarrassed to take my clothes off in front of anyone. Must focus....

I bought a cute little muffin shaped chalkboard on Ebay that says ' [blank space] pounds lost so far' and when it arives I shall put it up in the kitchen as a reminder of how far I've come. I'd rather focus on that than on the three stone still to go...

Going out for a walk now before the rain comes. Catch ya later!

;)

What a good response :) sometimes we get so focused on the weekly loss we forget how far we have come. A week without food is some dedication and will power, as the weeks pass it adds up and before you know it months have passed and you don't know how you got so far but just taking it day by day is a great step :) x

Hello all,

First Wi completed......8lbs and 12.5 inches! I am actually shocked. My CDC is brilliant, she was jumping around the room and hugging me, lol.

Fiona, I also asked about your weightloss, CDC asked if you'd also had your inches done? And also said it all depends on what time you start in the month, could relate to TOTM, constipation....but she's rooting for you too for the next week!

So, I have 2 choc mint shakes to try hot this week and also a chicken and mushroom soup. CDC also gave me a sample of the golden veg drink to try to see if I like it, she's worried as its getting colder than I'll need something, bless her.

I kind of want to stuff my face now though. That's what I did on WW, weigh in then have the day totally off plan. Must not do that. Must keep busy.

Puds x

Wow!!! 12.5" is amazing!!! I bet your so pleased! I was wondering if Fiona had her inches done, as if she wasn't too unhealthy before he started the first weight loss wouldn't be as big, especially as she drank so much water before hand.

Pud- your in the 12's!!! I can't wait to get there, I should be in the 13's tomorrow, woohoo!!!

I can't wait for wi, but so worried as I can't get out of bed today so am so inactive! Xxx

Puds congrats! You must be over the moon! (change your stats, change your stats!) And thats so kind of you to ask for Fiona- I'm sure she'll appreciate that!

I admit, when I was on WW I used to do the same! Although it would normally be a naughty night! So I'd get weighed then come home and have a takeaway. In fact, I used to text OH from the metting and say 'Woo hoo I lost 3lbs this week.....get the wine open for when I get home!'. Then if I wanted to be naughty the next day I would let myslef....the nearer to WI that I got the more panicked I would get that I hadn't stuck to plan and it would be a day or two of desperately trying to rectify the situation! Again, I can now understand why the weight piled back on! By eliminating food entirely I am really working through my food demons!

Back