Breakfast
On the go - Turkey

Lunch
Chicken, Lean ham, boiled eggs, cottage cheese
Onken Vanilla & fromage frais

Dinner
Cottage pie. Lean mince, onion, tin toms, stock cube, worcestershire sauce
Butternut squash topping. brocoli, carrots and Green Beans
2 tsp Bisto Best. Cant eat see through gravy!

Evening snack
Boiled egg, turkey & Ham, Sugar free jelly, sweet galette, onken and from frais

Last edited:
Well done! You survived the cake episode!

Congrats! You can do this! Jx

Hmmmm, Weigh in Day.
15.5. 2 pounds on from yesterday! Not happy at all. Think i am gonna have to rethink Dukan.

Wednesday 4 July 2012 Cruise PP

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

Hmmmm, Weigh in Day.
15.5. 2 pounds on from yesterday! Not happy at all. Think i am gonna have to rethink Dukan.
Nooooo, don't do that!

Weight fluctuates hun, I went up on Monday and have stayed the same (probably because I slipped up:rolleyes:).

How much water are you drinking per day? I drink nothing but water (3ltrs) and two green teas if I have any.

yep, absolutely agree. it could be anything: water and salt intake has a huge impact, as do hormones, and sometimes even exercise. plus sometimes you'll see the effects of cheating a little bit later than expected - so maybe you're going to have to pay back a little more for the cake episode after all :)

don't give up now after you've made such a strong start. dukan does work - you just have to give it some time and patience and get used to how (and when) your body reacts to things.

we're all in your corner!

Cx

Now, now. I am going to be a bit harsh on you. How are you to be thin if you give up? Secondly if you stick to it 100% for 2 weeks, no cheats and do the prescribed walks and you gain weight then yes rethink! Remember there is a lot of salt in the gravy granules and also how much of the ketchup are you having, it might be reduced sugar and salt but its still there!! You might be retaining fluid.
Ok I apologise in advance if I have been too harsh, I find a kick usually helps me so I thought I would try it on you!
One day my hubby bought dominos pizza and chicken wings for himself and the boy. When it arrived I took the wings and said 'since I am not having pizza the wings are mine'
Hubby says 'you are allowed this meat with so much fat?' to which I replied
'its chicken wings so its meat'
'Really I thought it had too much fat' he said.
So I ignored him, took the box and sat at the computer. I picked 1 wing and before I even bit into it, hubby looked at me and said looking really serious 'you should be ashamed of yourself!' and carried on with his pizza. Well that did it, I threw it back in the box, literally dumped the box at his feet and went into the kitchen to make an omlette. So I was angry he spoke like that but it has proved to work for me. I have not cheated since I started because everytime I want to pick on something his words comes back and I say to myself 'I should be ashamed of myself' that usually takes the appetite off!

Sorry for long post!
xx

Now, now. I am going to be a bit harsh on you. How are you to be thin if you give up? Secondly if you stick to it 100% for 2 weeks, no cheats and do the prescribed walks and you gain weight then yes rethink! Remember there is a lot of salt in the gravy granules and also how much of the ketchup are you having, it might be reduced sugar and salt but its still there!! You might be retaining fluid.
Ok I apologise in advance if I have been too harsh, I find a kick usually helps me so I thought I would try it on you!
One day my hubby bought dominos pizza and chicken wings for himself and the boy. When it arrived I took the wings and said 'since I am not having pizza the wings are mine'
Hubby says 'you are allowed this meat with so much fat?' to which I replied
'its chicken wings so its meat'
'Really I thought it had too much fat' he said.
So I ignored him, took the box and sat at the computer. I picked 1 wing and before I even bit into it, hubby looked at me and said looking really serious 'you should be ashamed of yourself!' and carried on with his pizza. Well that did it, I threw it back in the box, literally dumped the box at his feet and went into the kitchen to make an omlette. So I was angry he spoke like that but it has proved to work for me. I have not cheated since I started because everytime I want to pick on something his words comes back and I say to myself 'I should be ashamed of myself' that usually takes the appetite off!

Sorry for long post!
xx

Hey u :). I have this chat with myself all the time. Yes there was the cake incident last friday. Yes i have had ketchup - bout the size and thickness of a 2p - not overly keen on it but helps dry things go down and 2 tsp of gravy granuals. I really dont think thats gonna do much. i lost 2 and put 2 on, in 2 days - no fair!

I get the hump if things dont go my way. I have 3 weeks now till holiday and i want to be under 15. I have no time left to give it a "couple of more days" etc, kept saying that on SW and 18 months later i was 4 pounds lighter. I have purchased veggies and fruit (oh how i have missed fruit) and ready meals tonight to start WW again for 2 weeks (hate ww and the hungry headaches) I need a shake up of food.

When i come back from hols i will "Dukan" again as i see it as a life plan. Hell - i didnt purchase £35 worth of books for nowt!. For now i need a "diet" to loose weight for holiday.

If u got this far - cheers my dears. Happy Healthy eating and catch u all Mid August when i get back. I will of course be having a good nosey at your food diaries for ideas on my return.

x

Awwwww Hun sorry to see you go but good luck and have a great holiday hope you get to where you want to be before you head off x

Enjoy the hols and hope you lose the weight before hols, your body might respond well to the change! I heard its called shocking your body! You suddenly eat more and different food types and your body thinks 'right food we better increase metabolism!'. Dont know if its true. Good luck anyway.
x

hey thin,

good luck with WW and we'll look forward to your return. maybe you started this too soon before your holidays and the pressure and expectations were too much? better to start again in August with the right frame of mind.

have a fab time,

Caro

ello.

Ww today = STARVING but thankfully been too busy to eat.

So i have a silly idea and was wondering A) is it worth a go and B) anyone tried it.

3 days WW - 3 Days Dukan Attack and repeat till holiday starts? and then maybe try to stay on Dukan PV And PP during 2 weeks hols?

x

p.s miss dukan already :-(
x

Well, as someone who has tried both diets myself, I'm tempted to suggest you consider getting back in Dukan! I understand you got frustrated with staying the same a couple if days, but if there's one thing I've noticed on this diet, and as others have said too, weight loss can be a bit stop/starty. I felt a bit low when I was ultra good last week then only lost 0.6lb, but this week I've already lost 2lb, even tho I'm doing exactly the same. Lots of others have found the same thing. I also suspect Dukan will be easier on holiday than WW, as you can eat your fill. If you do it, maybe go PV mostly, so you have flexibility. Good luck and have fun, whatever you choose! Jx

ello.

Ww today = STARVING but thankfully been too busy to eat.

So i have a silly idea and was wondering A) is it worth a go and B) anyone tried it.

3 days WW - 3 Days Dukan Attack and repeat till holiday starts? and then maybe try to stay on Dukan PV And PP during 2 weeks hols?

x

p.s miss dukan already :-(
x

I think you definitely need to choose either Dukan or WW, not both! I may be slightly bias, but choose us!!! :Dx

What is your main problem with following dukan alone? Is it just the speed of the loss, or did you find it too much effort to follow?

I haven't tried ww but can say that dukan is the longest diet I've ever stayed on, it's the quickest results I've ever had, it's the easiest and most enjoyable diet I've tried - never hungry- and it's brought me to the lowest weight I've been since high school.

I would agree with j and just say get back! I think it would be hard to follow 2 plans and the results would probably not be as good. And it sounds like you based your whole decision on 2 lbs fluctuation over 2 days, which we have ALL seen ourselves. It is just how dukan works- I'm sure you would have been down at wi, or even the next day.

It's up to you, of course, but it sounds like you already regret the decision, and its no big deal to switch back :)

I've done them both and yeah they both work but only if you stick to them 100% ....I really don't think theyd work hand in hand x from experience I could never count points again not a way of life that I feel is maintainable ....and I always felt hungry x hope you reach your decision and then you need to stick with it as I think tats half the battle x

Oh hell I'm so confused now!Currently tucking into a delicious juicy big Braeburn. Will sleep on it. Confused . Com yet again!!!Thanks guys and sorry too. X

Hun no need to be sorry it's really a big decision but they do all work xxxxx

I wouldn't advise doing both plans, you're bound to feel ill as you'll be getting the Dukan flu every 3 days. Decide on 1 plan & stick with it till your holidays. Do what you think you can sustain x

Back