I'd like to lose it, lose it!

A lb is a lb hun and still a loss so don't be down about it your doing fab and will get a whooosh this week! Well done and keep going!!

Thanks Aysha - I'm working on the whoosh! :) I'm down almost 1lb from yesterday (whew!) and hope to push it again for tomorrow. Then I leave for Ireland to visit friends and check out the interim market there (I am a freelance manager and my last assignment wrapped up end Feb). As I'm taking the dog, I'm driving - 7-8hrs to Cherbourg, 19hrs ferry to Rosslare and 4hrs up to Belfast, so almost 2 days of travel! My CDC had chocolate tetras so I got a couple of those plus quite a few bars for the trip and I'm bringing some porridge, soup and shakes as well. I've told my friends what I'm doing and said that I will be on plan for at least 2 meals a day. Oh - and I'm bringing my scales to make sure I stay on track. If I lose while I'm away, I'll be ecstatic - but I'm really aiming for an STS which is probably more realistic.

Now if only the visions of crisps, M&Ms, Haribo gummy bears and other crap travel food would stop dancing in my head!!!! Aargh!

Have a lovely time in Ireland and gd luck sticking to cd, lots of walking and u will be fine xxx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Hope you have a lovely time in Ireland, how long are you going for and is it for business or pleasure? Tell me to mind my own i'f i'm prying too much

Wow that's interesting about the back pain and cold, i know im not in ketosis like all you SSers but well i'm always cold and been having really horrible achy back especially at night, never attibuted it to tense muscles from the cold but it does make sense so thankyou :)

I always find its very easy to give others positives like you say but feel really rough on yourself and we shouldn't do it i'm working on not comparing to others and really I should just compare myself with me after all that's why we're doing this, for ourselves so positive mental attitude ladies and be kind to us we're doing brilliant!!!

Well, I've been travelling/in Ireland for 5 days and although I'm really trying to stick to ss+ or 2 products plus protein/low carb meal, and although I think I'm doing pretty well, I've gained 400g (~0.9lb) so far. Due to several things as far as I can tell - when travelling I couldn't drink anywhere close to 3ltrs of water; I eat the veg and meat/fish at the meals out, but they come with sauces which I can't fully scrap off and finally, it's been 6 days since I did anything other than pee... :sigh:

So the weight increase is disappointing, but it is pretty small and I'm controlling it as best I can. It just makes me worry for when I work up the steps and go off ss - how to do that without gaining weight back?!? My friends her are funny - they can't believe I'm getting by on so little to eat and keep remarking how good I look which is a real boost. :)

Have met a couple of business contacts as well so who knows? Perhaps someone will need an interim manager and hire me!

Hope everyone is doing well - have only been able to find the time to log on a couple of times - really miss following everyone's posts!

Hey tizzy nice to see u here have been wondering how the travels have been going, that gain is nothings and is probably down o being bunged up and not enough water! Don't let it fr u down as that may result in a binge, keep on going and being gd! Safe journey back!!!!!

Thanks Ayasha - I really do hope it is a bunged up/water issue - and figure if I can control the next 3 days to the same extent, then I should lose any gain very quickly. But you're right - there is the temptation that says you've already gained, go ahead and eat a bar of choc or bag of crisps. One of the main checks on me for that is that my friends know what I'm doing and what I should be eating, so clearly I can't binge while staying at their house! :p

Woo hoo!!! You gotta love the woosh! :) I took some dulcolax yesterday to help things along and this morning I'm down 1.1kg/2.4lbs. That means that (unofficially as I'm away) I've lost 2.8lb since last Monday (weigh-in day). Big relief as this means I can eat regular food in a controlled way and still lose weight - at least on ss+. So when I get there, I'm now convinced it's do-able.

3 more days and I'll be back home. Hoping that next Mon's formal weigh-in is a good one!

Yey well done you how great is that! I am sure your wi on Monday next week will be great!!!

Well.... maybe. After my last post I relaxed - went out to dinner, had some wine, had lunch and dinner out the next day and then travelled for 2 days so didn't drink much water. And during the last day, when I drove 8+ hours and got home at 2am, I also ate a package of biscuits I picked up from a service area when I stopped for petrol. :( Can we say "sabotage"? So had an unpleasant surprise when got on scale this morning - am back to where I was 1.5 weeks ago. :sigh:

I'd be really angry with myself except that I haven't quit and I figure this is part of what I need to address. I don't know why I sabotage myself, just that I do. I was reading the Beck Diet book and it was making sense, so of course I put it down 2 weeks ago and haven't looked at it since - even though it came to Ireland with me and I had loads of time on the ferry to read! Grrrr. It's enough to make me want to slap myself.

At any rate, back on ss as of yesterday; have today without interruptions and then my aunt arrives from the US tomorrow. She'll be here for about a week and when I pick her up at the airport I'm swearing her to both secrecy and support. I'm sure she'll be up for the support - but the secrecy could be tough. She's like the tom-tom drums of the family - all news goes through her. :)

While I'm looking forward to her visit, I'm also looking forward to the 2nd week of May. From then to 3rd week July I have, at the moment, no trips, visits, dinners, etc. planned. While the odd dinner may pop up, I will have 2 months in which to really focus on the diet and my issues with food, sabotage, comfort eating, yadda, yadda, yadda. It's scary and exhilirating at the same time.

Thank goodness for this forum - I think I would have quit by now without it, but knowing you are out there, struggling with similar issues and still doing CD, still hanging in there, still posting and sharing, makes me think I can do that too. Thank you all!

To be honest tizzy I think u done amazingly well considering u were on holiday, I would of just thought sod it and eaten rubbish, pick yourself up and get back on the ss wagon xx

Tizzy so glad you've had a lovely time in Ireland and i agree with the others you've done really well to have done what you did whilst away, a lot of people would use it as an excuse to binge and im talking people in general not just those on a diet. I can remember going to a WW class and the leader telling everyone she always gained at least 10lbs on a holiday!!

When is it you get weighed this week?

Due to yesterday's country-wide celebration of the queen's birthday - an annual event which has everyone dressing in orange, wandering the streets and parks, while bands play every 100m and beer flows freely everywhere and people sell things on the street (imagine very large flea market) - I had my weigh-in this morning. I'm down 4lbs in 2 weeks, which given the going off the rails at the end of my Ireland trip and now having my aunt visiting, is pretty good. :)

I have been tracking my loss in a spreadsheet and have projected that if I continue with my average weekly loss so far, including the weeks off, I will definitely make my goal by July. Also did a little graph of the weekly weigh-ins.... you gotta love a graph that trends down!!! :D

Thanks for your words of support - I was, and am, tempted to do a blow-out and eat everything...not sure why I don't. I have micro blow-outs that are part of my pattern. For example, yesterday I "snuck" a bit of chocolate when my aunt stepped out, and when she went to bed early, I was really really tempted to raid the pantry (but thankfully didn't). Had some of the same urges in Ireland. Perhaps it's because my friends/aunt know I'm on a diet so I am vigilant not to eat when I'm with them...but the minute they're out of the room I have the sense that "quick, let's eat something - it'll be ok cause no-one's there to see". When I do eat something, I've been able to keep it relatively small, cause I know I'm really cheating myself and I don't want to scales to go up!!!

Ah well - onwards and downwards!

Tizzy these are all things you'll be dealing with once the weight is gone, that's when the real work begins so everyone says, havent been fortunate to get to that stage yet. Particularly the secretive eating, naughty naughty, one I do aswell and i know i shouldnt need to eat in secret and that's something i know i have to work on. You will get to goal Tizzy and WELL DONE on the weight loss this week, you're doing FAB!!!

Thanks! I hope you start to feel better very soon!

Hey tizzy, hmm I think we can all say we do the secret eating thing, it is something u will stop in time, it is habit at the mo and I think sometimes we don't even realise we are doing it, let your brain get used to being on such a vlcd then work on the secret eating side eventually u will not feel the need to do it, u are doing so well chick!

Must be something in the air Tizzy I know exactly how you feel at the mo!
Got some choccies from NYE presents and I just keep thinking 'one wont hurt'... very naughty.
Havent touched em though thankfully but I have been picking on protein so I'd suggest that if you feel you need to nibble something.
Try to rid the house of chocolate if you can, being surrounded by temptation isn't easy.

How have you been?

I've been doing ok. My aunt just left today after spending a few days - had fun with her and am now in the "the house is really quiet it's depressing" mode. Tomorrow's another day and I'll get back into my routines. Meanwhile, I have a CD product and ltr of water to drink before going to bed tonight.

Hmmm - all this talk of chocolate...might have a choc shake!

Enjoy your choc shake Tizzy! Keep with it, you're doing great! xx

Thanks. I'm sitting here in a funk which is, of course, why I'm reading the diaries. I have been really working on staying on CD while in Ireland and during my aunt's visit and succeeding (mostly). Then I was looking forward to a few weeks free of social/business functions. So now I have a friend who wants to go out for cocktails and when I said no, invited me round for dinner, so I said I'd come but bring my own (CD product) and then she re-issued the cocktail invite, so I reminded her I'm on CD and will be for a while and asked for understanding that I can't do drinks/dinners/etc. Since then I've had no reply. But I have had 3 more dinner invites and a house-warming, all in the next couple of weeks. I can't say no to everything or I'll end up with no life at all! :sigh:

There's a lot to be said for going to sleep for a few months.... :)

Back