IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

not 15 miles 15 minutes :D its a good site (has bar) and we have to let tickle get used to towing dont we :)

ha ha 2 wee bottles might be too much to carry!

I always remember some people bringing in large whisky bottles with rather substantial amounts of wee samples in them when I worked in a surgery. We had then to pour it into little sample bottles, which was not a pleasant job. Still, there were worse samples to deal with. :yuk:

(Is it just me or does this "vibe" smilie look like someone weeing? :vibes: )

Good luck with your tests, Jo!

That was a real fun job for Saturday - not! Not only could I not stay out too long, for fear of having to use the loo, but as soon as I readied myself above the dreaded bottle, all need to go vanished! Nightmare! Oh well - I handed in this morning what I managed to get in the bottle!!

How was the caravan, Vicky? I can't say I envy you and hope it wasn't as cold as it was where I was (huddling by the fire each evening, roasting chestnuts)

Oh no DD. I suppose I should count my blessings I didn't have to give THAT sort of a sample (although I'd be intrigued to hear whether anyone manages to do what I had to do in a bottle while doing what DD's talking about. Must be easier for men!!)

haaa! TMI?

Food was ok. No trigger foods consumed, but plenty of fruit... no exercise either because it didn't stop raining all weekend!
x

Sorry about your ordeal, Jo. Hope they appreciate the effort! DD, just as well I'd finished breakfast before reading, ha.

Think you sent us your rain, Jo - we had none over the weekend but are making up for it now, still it will acclimatise me to Scottish weather before I set off!

Vicky, hope the first caravan weekend was a success. Hope the weather was decent for you.

Wonder how Tania is getting on?

Morning! How did the wee collecting go Jo? Did you have to take overflow measures? How was the weekend Vicky?

Overflow measures? At one point, I thought I'd have hardly anything to bring them! My aim really needs work! ;)

Tania is now in Oz :) WOW!!

The scales flashed up the 6s again to me this morning, for which I am wholeheartedly grateful. As you know, I'm doing my own thing at the moment which seems to be helping (for now) with the binge eating episodes.

I continue to walk to work each day although am finding it harder to get up super early unnecessarily now that the mornings are sooo dark. 8.10am sunrise here this morning!

Have a good Dukan weekend...

Glad the scales are being nice.

I'm looking forward to the clocks changing.

Hows things with all?

I fought hard with myself not to go off the rails this weekend (to the extent of putting things back on the shelf in the shop and leaving) need to fit into my smaller jeans for my holiday, cant afford new :D

All things quiet otherwise.

morning Jo - how goes it?
good news on the 6s on the scales again. I seem to be stuck and lost but am persevering with healthy eating rather than a 'diet' as such. x

Hello - crazy again at work and colleague on hols from Fri so I'll have her people again next week booooo! (then I'm off week of 31st :D). 1st is a holiday here, so 31st an imposed RTT (long story - because we work more than 35 hrs at our place, we have four imposed days off by firm and four extra holiday days!).

Anyway Friday evening, lolling lazily in front of the fire while my cat sought her toys under the sofa, I asked OH to lift it so that I could retrieve her toy. I stuck my hand under, pulled out the mouse... and it was a real one! UGH! Dead ok but my hand hasn't felt clean since! UGH UGH!

Sunday morning, invited for pre-lunch drinks by an elderly neighbour, I went into the still unrenovated bedroom where I keep my stash of naughties. The first thing I sawin the (plastic fold up) crate was an empty box of creme eggs. (Ahem ok I do sometimes help myself to one while in there, but thought I had the upbringing to throw away the box, obviously not)! Tutting at myself I removed it, then noticed a packet of biscuits that had been opened and half eaten. Oy! That's not me! (I'd never have left it half eaten!). You guessed it. VISITORS! of the small and furry kind.

I shrieked for OH to join me upstairs and I moved the crate to the floor and we investigated further - checking seals on packages before deeming them ok. We found empty wrappers from cereal bars, LOADS of little pieces of the foil wrappings from my oh so precious creme egg stash (sob...). As I neared the bottom of the crate, AAAAH a mouse! ALIVE AND RUNNING SCARED! Over my hand, up my arm over the top of the crate and away it ran. Did you all hear me scream???

Suffice to say that I spent the remainder of the day consoling myself. In the way I do so well. Obviously no creme eggs featured though - the blooming cheek of it!

Why hadn't my cats done their job? Because as the temperatures fell, I stupidly kept the door to that room closed as it's a very cold room. GRRRR. And now that I fear that they'll bring them downstairs and hide them, I'm not very reassured!

My "country girl" cover has been blown. I'm still a city girl through and through, aaaah!

So the 6s didn't last long eh?

Last edited:
Oh that mouse episode sent shivers all over me - hard to think of anything worse than a mouse running over you "shivers again".....

I love creme eggs too .... Haven't had one recently of course - they have Halloween ones out now - which of course I haven't sampled... Not sure I would b overly keen anyway lol

Mice are a daily occurrence in my other house... Nothing worse than walking into the kitchen in bare feet and standing on a head or whole one :( then there's the rats at father in laws farm who just love to run over your feet ... I'm usually screeching lol OH has a nasty habit of leaving the lids of the horse feed bins open and I then put my hand in and touch the little blighters ... Had 15 baby ones in a bin one day they must have thought they were in an all you can eat buffet

Jo - i hate mice :( poor you xxxxx
surely you burnt off loads of cals with all that kerfuffle :D

oooh I'm so glad that some of you have the same problems in the country! these things just don't happen in the city!! I love the idea of the baby mice having an "all you can eat" buffet party! ugh ugh!

Unfortunately Vicky, once "eating", I tend to pose my ample derrière down, put the TV on, and only move for replenishments so no walking for me either Sunday!

Maintainer said:
oooh I'm so glad that some of you have the same problems in the country! these things just don't happen in the city!! I love the idea of the baby mice having an "all you can eat" buffet party! ugh

If it was baby mice it wouldn't bother me so much I'd let them go as it's the cute tiny door mice we get I think... The all you can eat buffet is usually attended by the baby rats

Ah I see Jo. Have you sorted all your plans for coming back to the UK at Xmas?

OMG I thought my big spider and woodlice encounter this week were bad.
Ugh shudder, blurgh.

Hope youre okay and not having a heart attack.

All is well and I got through two evenings alone (OH went to England for 24 hours) relatively intact. Still not dukaning properly and had some fruit last night.

Vicky - we know when we're coming (22nd) and when we're leaving (2nd) but the middle is a little less clear! Plans to visit OH's family in Cheshire will most likely be made last minute, given the weather the past couple of years. I'll definitely be seeing Mouse and, alas, will be shopping for and cooking Christmas dinner! boooooo! Already dreading the shopping - we found food shopping here on Christmas Eve so cool and relaxed in comparison!

I've lunch today with a French dukaner from another site. We'll be putting our heads together to find ourselves a way out of this binge/diet circle we're both in. She's done Conso twice, and is in Stab but regularly binge eats... She's not far off target still though but mainly because she starves herself (I think) between episodes (which can recur daily). Food behaviour patterns we all thought were behind us when in the safety of ketosis :)

Rainy day here. I've bread and cheese from England to take to work for an English friend (you've gotta laugh!), oh and Sheba salmon cat food - something which seems impossible to find here and her cat misses it! So I'll not be walking!

Last edited:
Hopefully you don't mind me reading your thread - in a way it's comforting to hear that people still do struggle with old eating habits rearing - as this has always been the bit that I thought I would have most trouble with - afterall I didn't get myself to the weight I am through moderation!

Hope you get back on track soon.

I'm delighted you're in here Teddy! Thank you! I am now rather more realistic in my hopes and aspirations though and am just hoping for damage limitation really. "Normality" will never reign in my (food) world!

Back