If at first you don't succeed try, try, try and try again....

Well, I would like to report a miracle! 2.5lbs off for my first weigh-in!!! I'm so happy! It was my one good thing on what has been a really horrible day! I'm still baffled about how I did it, but I'll take it!
Well done Elanor:0clapper:

Fab hunny well done. Sorry you had a horrible day. Hope tomorrow ( today now it's after midnight lol :) ) is better for you xxxx

It wasn't a miracle, it was hard work, focus and determination by you...well done.

Thank you lovelies :) I think I am so used to gaining or maintaining a proper loss feels very strange. I am going to keep going and aim for another loss next week!!

Food has been good today. I've been feeling very tired and emotional, which I know is a combination of a few things. I'll be ok though, always am.

B - Grapes (didn't feel like much)
L - Cheese and broccoli pasta n sauce (2.5) with cherry toms.
D - Chicken with roasted carrots, baby corn, broccoli and cauliflower. Light mayo (2)

Syns - Gin and tonic x3 = 15
Total = 19.5

HexA = 250ml semi-skimmed milk
HexB = x2 slices wholemeal bread from 400g loaf.

I'm really full after dinner, plate was piled high with veg! I'm not used to being full from eating veg!

Hi All.

Weigh in tonight and pleased to report 1.5lbs off! I'm very happy with that, it means 4lbs gone in 2 weeks.

I bought the Take 5 recipe book in group tonight. I'm looking forward to trying some new things. I need to try the beef and aubergine bake Susie keeps tempting me with! It looks lovely!

Hope all is well. How was yr weigh in this week? Good or bad - we are here for you.

Hi all. Sorry I've been MIA....again!! It's been a weird couple of weeks.

Going to SW group just isn't working for me. I've realised that a group situation just isn't for me. I've been binge eating which I think is linked to my anxiety about going to group and it is just not making me feel good about myself. I made the decision not to go back on Thursday and I have felt so much better since I did. It works for so many people, but it's just not for me.

My plan is to use MFP again. I'm going to start by logging at least once a day, no pressure to log every single little thing. Then build up to logging everything. I'm still going to follow SW principles, and try to focus on more good quality protein and veg.

That's the idea anyway. I'm going to make a proper attempt at posting on here regularly too. I've been pretty rubbish at that lately too.

Oh hun you should never feel anxious like that, so I think it's a great idea to do SW from home - shout out if you need any syn information or whatever xx

Good news! I have managed a good day! I have reached my calorie limit of 1787 cals whilst having macaroni cheese!!

I am also feeling much better having not had the pressure of trying to get to SW group. It's like a weight lifted off my shoulders.

Food plan for the week is done and shopping is done. Slow cooker is getting used to make chilli this week. I also resisted buying wine today, this is probably my greatest achievement so far this month!

Well done El this really sounds like the perfect way forward for you!

And planning - that's brilliant too - rocking it! xx

Thank you Susie! I'm feeling in control.

Didn't stick to plan today, went way over calories, but the difference is I have logged everything! 2684 cals in total, but all counted!! I don't feel annoyed with myself, it is what it is. I haven't lied to myself, and I know what I need to do tomorrow. Meeting a friend at Costa, so we'll see how it goes, but as long as dinner is good, I should be ok.

Hi hunny well done on logging everything-that's where I so go wrong xxx

As Jules says, logging everything is absolutely the key - and being honest to yourself. We're over the secret eating thing, now it's onwards and downwards! xxx

Wow! Didn't realise it has been so long since I last posted!

Things have been up and down. Thankfully since last October I haven't gained, I've either maintained or lost and regained the same few pounds. I did try WW again at the beginning of the year but it finally sunk in that it really doesn't work for me.

I have now joined some thing called TeamRH. They set you your calorie target and also macro targets for protein and fibre. You can also set how much exercise you are going to aim for whether it be walking or working out. Cals are then set accordingly. I'm enjoying it as I can eat properly without feeling guilty! All I have to do is make good choices and log on MFP.

I have been lurking on here for ages, I've had my anxiety issues back in the last few months, so reading how everyone is doing has been great. I've just not felt up to posting. I'm going to try and get back into it though, as over the last 5 or 6 years Minis has been the only consistent thing in my weight loss journey! Weight loss plans have come and gone but Minis is still here :)

Yep still here - and delighted to see you back El! :)

TeamRH sounds really interesting, I'll go take a look. Sorry to hear you've been having anxiety issues but your new plan sounds great and we'll be cheering you on hun!

Welcome back Elanor😃

That does sound interesting, I’ve not heard of that before. It sounds like it suits you and I’m sure you’ll do great x

Thank you both :) I'm feeling really positive. Even though I've had a couple of off days I've been logging on MFP everyday. Went nearly a 1000 cals over my target yesterday, but I logged everything, the good, the bad and the ugly!

Team RH is great! There is an open page on Facebook where the guy that runs it shares info about the plan etc. He does not hold back! He is really honest and doesn't mess about. I also like that it is sensible weight loss and learning about eating properly, only warning I'll give is that he is not very positive about SW, WW etc. It may not be for everyone, but I'm loving it, feels like a breath of fresh air.

Back on it today. I've planned everything out and I've got 452cals left to play with. Having sausage gnocchi gratin for dinner. Loads of cals, but it's yummy and fully counted for on MFP.

Back