If I eat it, I'll snap it <3 Starting Exante

I agree to have a day off plan as it gives the body a break from what is used to the whole week & encourages it to burn the food faster. Mind you having a day off doesn't mean to eat everything in sight.
I fancy cooking a roast chicken today - I don't like the skin (never have). It has been raining and continuing all day so making me lazy to go out for a walk but I need to as my elderly neighbour needs some shopping done.
Try continuing by yourself & using support here if you can. I don't like to be disciplined by others as I know I rebel against it soon or later. That is the reason I did it my own way & in 2 years I have lost nearly 5 stone and over the moon about it. It is just a matter of mindset and accepting a new way of eating. As I said before from time to time, I need to eat a little of what I fancy or I will be craving it and likely to eat everything in sight.
Have a wonderful picnic & I am sure you food looks lovely.

Haha! Very true Ravenous. I do appreciate honesty and that will stick with me. Yesterday was a bit of an eat everything in sight day! I'm getting more in the mindset of it being a long term goal now. I could do with losing 5 stone and 2 years is a reasonable time frame. I mean, it's taken more than that to get here. I think being honest with myself is the way forward. You've done amazing. Do you reward yourself with anything?

I've just had news that we lost another colleague this week, to COVID-19. I'm devastated and my motivation to have some self respect and look after myself is only growing. I have so much more to give.

Haha! Very true Ravenous. I do appreciate honesty and that will stick with me. Yesterday was a bit of an eat everything in sight day! I'm getting more in the mindset of it being a long term goal now. I could do with losing 5 stone and 2 years is a reasonable time frame. I mean, it's taken more than that to get here. I think being honest with myself is the way forward. You've done amazing. Do you reward yourself with anything?

I've just had news that we lost another colleague this week, to COVID-19. I'm devastated and my motivation to have some self respect and look after myself is only growing. I have so much more to give.
I am really sorry to hear about the loss of your colleague. It is such a sad time. People in your profession are doing an amazing job to keep the rest of us safe.
Last Monday a neighbour fell over and broke her arm & a couple of other places. From Ambulance staff to A&E doctor and nurses all were so fantastic, helpful and kept us up to date with her progress (on the phone). Thanks to them she is home now and doing well. All frontline workers are doing a miraculous job.

On your other point, when these sad events happen, it makes us realise that we need to look after our body & mind, respect and appreciate ourselves more so we can be of use to ourselves, family, friends and community. I am totally with you on positive thinking..

Yes I reward myself by buying a dress or a piece of underwear or go for a short break away when I achieve my mini goals. For example a couple of months ago I bought some new underwear that fits my new figure and feels and look good.

@Strawberry Madness Thank you so much for your kind words. It's been a rough day emotionally and I've not felt terribly strong or determined, so thank you! We did have a nice day, spent some time by the river and foraged some wild garlic and nettles for dinner (which we didn't have tonight).

@Ravenous I have so much respect for the frontline workers. My grandfather was a paramedic and I grew up wanting to follow in his footsteps but my health has prevented me thus far. I'm in Mental Health and I am so lucky to have the honour of supporting those same frontline workers in keeping mentally well in these testing times! I have been known to be perpetually (and sometimes painfully) positive, even in the darkest of times. Some find it annoying but it is what it is! If the sun shines, it casts a shadow.
I think I may plan out some rewards. I had to change my car so I need to tighten my belt a bit on general spending. I could manage this by having a goal where I can then spend the cash!

B - SW friendly quiche, ham, mushrooms, onion, both of my HeA cheese and milk! Tasty though. I had a little melon after as my family always take chocolate bars with their picnic.
L - As above
D - Salmon fillet, noodles, Bok Choy, Bell pepper, green beans and spring onion. Afters was salted caramel flavoured fat free natural yoghurt with sweetner and a banana.
S - 2 Mini KitKats (There is a story here that I will bore you all with at some point) 5 syns and HeB, nuts, seafood sticks a tangerine and grapes.

Attachments

• 20200418_125251.jpg
    20200418_125251.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • 20200418_125259.jpg
    20200418_125259.jpg
    712.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200418_172459.jpg
    20200418_172459.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
  • 20200418_211244.jpg
    20200418_211244.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • 20200418_220047.jpg
    20200418_220047.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
That quiche looks so yummy
It’s been so long since I’ve ate one
I think a small food shop is in order tommrow haha.

hope you had a lovely day x

Thank you @Strawberry Madness it was lovely, until it got dropped hahah! I only lost 1/4. It was really nice and the dog got to enjoy it then too! :D We did, hope you had a nice day too :) I'm going to try and roast pork tomorrow, to the rules! I'll have to throw away the fat and skin. That will make me sad...

B- Bacon, beans, mushrooms with a tsp butter and syn free hash browns. (Syns = 2)
L - Frozen quark and fruits
D - Roast pork, all fat removed. Mashed potato cakes (HeA parmesan), green beans, carrots and spring greens. Afters yoghurt with frozen berries.
S - Kitkats again (5 syns)

Syns - 7
Exercise - worked in the garden chopping trees for an hour

Attachments

• 20200419_115011.jpg
    20200419_115011.jpg
    769.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200419_132452.jpg
    20200419_132452.jpg
    345.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200419_174127.jpg
    20200419_174127.jpg
    628.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
B- Bacon, beans, mushrooms with a tsp butter and syn free hash browns. (Syns = 2)
It’s ages since I’ve done a cooked breakfast. When I started it used to be my Sunday brunch treat. Don’t know why I’ve not done one for a while - maybe because I generally have no idea what day of the week it is!
Yours sounds very yummy 😋

It’s ages since I’ve done a cooked breakfast. When I started it used to be my Sunday brunch treat. Don’t know why I’ve not done one for a while - maybe because I generally have no idea what day of the week it is!
Yours sounds very yummy 😋

I'm indulging at least once a week 😋 you should join me! My little boy (7) ate 4 hashbrowns! I was blown away 😍 It is really difficult with the current circumstances but I am managing to keep a routine. I need it,I'll go nuts without it o_O

Hope you're having a lovely day!

I'm indulging at least once a week 😋 you should join me! My little boy (7) ate 4 hashbrowns! I was blown away 😍 It is really difficult with the current circumstances but I am managing to keep a routine. I need it,I'll go nuts without it o_O

Hope you're having a lovely day!
I’m keeping a routine and have all meals planned (building in room for flexibility) from shop to shop as my partner is on the vulnerable list so we aren’t even going out for shopping or anything. Next delivery is tomorrow. It’s almost two weeks since our last delivery! It’s days of the week I’ve lost track of so I’m having porridge every breakfast rather than the weekend treat I used to have. I must get back to that. You have definitely inspired me
I had some bacon medallions in the freezer so I’ve got those out and will do something for lunch. Actually it’s been difficult getting eggs, but I do have a couple left and as the shopping comes tomorrow I’ll use those and do bacon, scrambled egg and mushrooms (which are desperate for eating)

B - Cup of tea (1/2 syn) bowl of melon
L - Smoked mackerel salad with noodles and a pickled egg. (I'm about half way through the jar! 🙈)
D - Sichuan Dan Dan noodles (3 1/2 syns for honey and peanut butter)

Exercise - went out for a walk this morning, as per plan, but got carried away, ended up an hour away from home and ended up having to run home in time for work. It felt great!

Attachments

• 20200420_114455.jpg
    20200420_114455.jpg
    711.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20200420_084544.jpg
    20200420_084544.jpg
    571.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20200420_084408.jpg
    20200420_084408.jpg
    446.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20200420_174607.jpg
    20200420_174607.jpg
    732.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
B - Pink Grapefruit and melon and a cup of tea (1/2 syn)
L - Salad with potatoes and seafood sticks and HeA blue cheese - I ate one of the half potatoes and some salad. I'm in a lot of pain today and have no appetite for meals. I have neck/shoulder pain that is hurting my back and front. The collar bone pain is probably the worst part and I've never had this before. I've done heat packs, yoga, massage, no relief at all.
D - Olives (1 syn - because I didn't realise they are synned - I wouldn't have eaten them if I'd known) macaroni and HeA blue cheese mixed with fat free yoghurt to make a blue cheese sauce. Small portion and I am uncomfortably stuffed.

Kitkat (5 syns)

Exercise - almost 2 mile walk this morning 400 calories burned.

Attachments

• 20200421_122523.jpg
    20200421_122523.jpg
    898.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200421_081703.jpg
    20200421_081703.jpg
    382.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200421_081639.jpg
    20200421_081639.jpg
    503.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200421_081633.jpg
    20200421_081633.jpg
    473.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 20200421_175631.jpg
    20200421_175631.jpg
    539.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20200421_203545.jpg
    20200421_203545.jpg
    969.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Aww thanks @Strawberry Madness I think it was a bit too much, trying to clear the fridge before shopping!

@Ravenous I feel a bit better today, the pain went over night so I did manage to sleep thankfully but it's worsening as the day goes by. My appetite is better though. I imagine it will lessen as the pain increases.

Have a great day both!

Cup of tea (1/2 syn)
B/L - Smoked salmon with a pea shoot salad, tomatoes, lots of cucumber and spring onions, my HeB wholemeal bread 60g, some crumbled in my salad too 😁 Tsp butter (2 syns)
D - Special chow mein and fruit topped with yoghurt and chocolate sauce (2 1/2 syns)
S - 3 Babybel light, kitkats (5 syns) and a cup of tea (1/2 syn) and a satuma

10 and a half syns today! One of my highest syn days so far.
No exercise, my shoulder/neck pain is taking over my life.

Attachments

• 20200422_120535.jpg
    20200422_120535.jpg
    903.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200422_172553.jpg
    20200422_172553.jpg
    863.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20200422_180225.jpg
    20200422_180225.jpg
    468.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I had a little chat with myself over the weekend (it's ongoing).

Firstly, I did not believe that I could have just one "day off" from eating properly. I thought that once I had broken the seal on being good (as it were) that was it and the only thing that would reset me was going back to work. So I had a day off on Friday and did it - I got straight back on plan on Saturday and I maintained it all through the weekend. I don't need a pat on the back, I'm just outlining my own realisation. So since Monday, I have kind of felt more confident in my own ability to control what I put in my mouth.

Secondly - I figured out that to get to 155, losing a lb a week, I would get to target mid July 2021. My first response to this was to Google things like "fastest weight loss pills" "Gastric baloon surgery locations" etc etc. You get the idea. After completing said research, I could not find anything that was acceptable to me, and my values so was left with the only option - to accept that I will make these changes until next July and hopefully by then, I will have attained something that I never have before. I do think that if I eat in my usual way until July 2021, I would be at least an extra 14lbs heavier than right now and it will take an extra 3 and a half months (losing a lb a week) to try and undo the damage. Of course, it does go through my head - why didn't I start a month ago, I'd be 4lb lighter? Etc. etc. but I can rationalise that I ddin't and I can only start at the beginning, which is right now.

I feel lucky that I am still able to make these changes :bunnydance:

Back