If I eat it, I'll snap it <3 Starting Exante

It was yummy! I might even have a bit more, cheeky!
@Strawberry Madness what's going on?!
@Ravenous I'm going to smash the treadmill tomorrow, my other half is looking at a turbo trainer for the bike too :)
@Teasel Nothing really I was just about to reply to your diary and you already replied like you read my mind or something got a little freaked out lmao.
Then I scrolled up and saw it was an older message 🤣

B - One slice wholemeal bread, crust (half B), smoked salmon, spring onion, eggs
L - one pot of cottage cheese with pineapple (it was going out of date) a few slices of ham and LOADS of fresh fruit yum!
D - Cottage pie (max 5 syns) with more veg 😁👌 High protein ice cream with mint choc sauce (5.5 syns)
S - Grapefruit and other half of (B) pistachio nuts. Not had my (A)s yet - will probably have babybels and fruit because I am hungry! - I had 50% less fat cheddar (only 30% less enjoyable), ham and pickled onions

Attachments

• 20200429_094031.jpg
    20200429_094031.jpg
    423.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20200429_173559.jpg
    20200429_173559.jpg
    771 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200429_130752.jpg
    20200429_130752.jpg
    744.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200429_182857.jpg
    20200429_182857.jpg
    380.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
B - Porridge (B) with milk (A), sweeteners and blueberries
L - Tinned pink salmon salad, half a syn for lighter than light mayo
S - Ham and a little cheese, I had a delivery from the cash and carry and the block of cheddar was 2.5kg so I had to chop it up and I did have a few little nibbles as I went
D - Mac and cheese (A) and 3 syns for nutritional yeast

Syns - 3.5
Exercise - minimal, just pottered about the house today

Attachments

• 20200430_123437.jpg
    20200430_123437.jpg
    798.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 20200430_175535.jpg
    20200430_175535.jpg
    855.9 KB · Views: 5
B - Porridge (B) with milk (A), sweeteners and blueberries
L - Tinned pink salmon salad, half a syn for lighter than light mayo
S - Ham and a little cheese, I had a delivery from the cash and carry and the block of cheddar was 2.5kg so I had to chop it up and I did have a few little nibbles as I went
D - Mac and cheese (A) and 3 syns for nutritional yeast

Syns - 3.5
Exercise - minimal, just pottered about the house today
Yummy food.
I have not had Tuna for ages .Tinned Tuna has been my favourite since I was very little. I have the one in Sunflower oil and drain it really well.

Weigh in, I now weigh 217. I did have a litte meltdown this morning. My total loss is down to what, 5lb in 5 weeks?! After a 6lb loss the first week, I *did* expect to have lost more lbs by now!!! So, I went back to bed.

I have considered what I may be doing wrong - I know it's not the wrong foods and that was my aim. I wanted to do SW again because it helps with that balance of what is meant to go on your plate and helps to enable me to make healthy balanced decisions for my whole family. I know I have a few adjustments to make. I will draw on the plates today to get the portion of veg larger and create that balance again. I will also install the fluid tracker so I can ensure I am getting plenty of fluid in the days. I am going to look at my evening snacks and try to make sure that they are always fruit and veg - not ham and pickles! If I use my HeA's in the day, I have no excuse to snack on Babybels in the evenings too.

Last week -
Hips - 123.5
Waist - 93.5
Thighs - 72 (R) 71.5 (L)
Upper arms - 41 (R) 41 (L)

Today -
Hips - 121.2
Waist - 88
Thighs - 70.4 (R) 70.5(L)
Upper arms - 40 (R) 40.5 (L)
Calves - 46.5 for both, (I have a feeling these are growing again).

Positives -
Measurements have given me the validation that I need to keep going but the lack of validation from the scales has given me the kick that I need to continue pushing and making changes.
I am still on track for hitting target July 2021 (but if I don't pull my socks up, it won't stay this positive).

I love your positivity. You are doing really well. Sometimes scales don't want to budge but your measurements have confirmed you are doing the right thing. Of course as you said some adjustment is always good and shakes up our routine.

Don't forget that we are all stressed and nervous of what is happening around us and I think that stress and uncertainty holds on to our fat - that certainly apply to me.

Be patient with yourself and you get there. 1st stone is always the hardest, after that it gets much easier.

Have a fabulous day.

Don’t be disheartened. Weighing week to week isn’t always helpful as natural body fluctuations can come into play. Sometimes your hard work can take time to show on the scales, but your measurements prove that it is working. Your waist change in particular. I wish I’d measured myself at the start as I’m losing according to the scales but I don’t feel my body is changing shape yet.
It is very difficult keeping motivated during a weight loss journey and even more so during lockdown. You are doing very well. The food you are eating is balanced, healthy and that can only be good for your health in the long run. Keep going and the scales will catch up.

B - Frozen berries with yoghurt and (B) seeds and a cup of tea (0.5 syn)
L - 2 Babybels (A) and half a packet of Lidl/Aldi Lentil Curls (2.5 syns)
S - Cup of tea (0.5 syn)
D - Half a plate of salad, jacket potato with (A) cheese, 2 tsp butter (4 syns) and a 1/4 plate of ham! Also, added a tbsp mayo (6 syns).

Exercise - Went out for my usual walk - 5 miles today (13000 steps). Also, decided (and completed this week) my 3, Mon, Wed, Fri, walks. These will be my "core" exercise as it were. I plan to do more, but this is my minimum.
Syns - 13.5

Attachments

• 20200501_104812.jpg
    20200501_104812.jpg
    665.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20200501_134926.jpg
    20200501_134926.jpg
    584.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20200501_175112.jpg
    20200501_175112.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Don’t be disheartened. Weighing week to week isn’t always helpful as natural body fluctuations can come into play. Sometimes your hard work can take time to show on the scales, but your measurements prove that it is working. Your waist change in particular. I wish I’d measured myself at the start as I’m losing according to the scales but I don’t feel my body is changing shape yet.
It is very difficult keeping motivated during a weight loss journey and even more so during lockdown. You are doing very well. The food you are eating is balanced, healthy and that can only be good for your health in the long run. Keep going and the scales will catch up.
Miss Scarlett Blue - You have done very well on your journey. Why not start your measurements from now. Anything to motivate us helps. Last time I measured was October 2019 so I am due to another measurements on next WI - Thursday.

@Ravenous Thank you! It means such a lot to be so supported and I feel thankful to have someone at the other end of their journey, if you say it is possible, I believe you because you've been where I am (wherever I am!)

@Miss Scarlett Blue Thank you! I always thought, when I was at my biggest, I wanted as little evidence of my size as possible (I was 20 stone+ and a dress size 26) so I didn't take pictures but when I lost some weight, I never had anything to compare it to. This is something that I would change if I could go back. But we can't! So - the moral of the story is, I'm in the middle of my journey and only just started this stuff again. Like Ravenous says, it's never too late! Even if I lose one mm and nothing changes on the scale, I feel so much better! :)

@Strawberry Madness Thank you :) I was completely surprised by that waist measurement, I repeated it 3 times and asked my adjudicator to check it! :rotflmao: I am learnming from everyone here, everyday! It's such a lovely community <3

Thank you all! It's been a great day! Normally, I would be miserable but I've really enjoyed today!

B - Porridge (B) with coconut milk (part of A) and sweetner
11's - Pickled egg, 3 babybel light and I distracted myself by making cake
L - Prawn salad with homemade seafood sauce (4.5 syns)
D - Salmon fillet with potato and sweet potato wedges, peas, carrots, broccoli and sweetcorn. Lighter than light mayo (1/2)

Exercise - Treadmill
Syns - 5.5

Attachments

• 20200502_074304.jpg
    20200502_074304.jpg
    394 KB · Views: 4
  • 20200502_123150.jpg
    20200502_123150.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • 20200502_174912.jpg
    20200502_174912.jpg
    569.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20200502_160537.jpg
    20200502_160537.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Pickled egg pickled egg picked egg 🤘🏻
I looked at a jar of pickled eggs in the supermarket today but decided against it for a couple of reasons 1. too heavy carry up the hill (home), 2. fear of not liking it and have to throw it out (I hate waste).
Going to look into doing my own at home. Haha that should be fun.

Back