If I eat it, I'll snap it <3 Starting Exante

@Ravenous Thank you! It means such a lot to be so supported and I feel thankful to have someone at the other end of their journey, if you say it is possible, I believe you because you've been where I am (wherever I am!)

@Miss Scarlett Blue Thank you! I always thought, when I was at my biggest, I wanted as little evidence of my size as possible (I was 20 stone+ and a dress size 26) so I didn't take pictures but when I lost some weight, I never had anything to compare it to. This is something that I would change if I could go back. But we can't! So - the moral of the story is, I'm in the middle of my journey and only just started this stuff again. Like Ravenous says, it's never too late! Even if I lose one mm and nothing changes on the scale, I feel so much better! :)

@Strawberry Madness Thank you :) I was completely surprised by that waist measurement, I repeated it 3 times and asked my adjudicator to check it! :rotflmao: I am learnming from everyone here, everyday! It's such a lovely community <3

Thank you all! It's been a great day! Normally, I would be miserable but I've really enjoyed today!
You are welcome. we are all here to help & support each other to get to our target. Up to recently, I read other diaries but did not commented but somehow I got attracted to your diary and started commenting and enjoy reading it and catching up with your daily activities.

You have done incredibly well losing all that weight from 20 stone so you should not be disappointed with yourself - be proud. I was looking at your measurements and do you know your waist is smaller than mine - I am jealous (just joking). We are all different or life would have been boring. Also we should not compare ourselves to anyone else (who am I kidding).

Love photos of your food and you are eating so well. I take pictures so when I get stuck or hit a plateau then I refer to them and see what I did before. Yesterday, I went through my diary from the start and realised how far I have come.

Yes I went out and did shopping for some variety to keep me motivated and going to try a few new recipes (normally, I make things up as I go along - always wanted to write a cookery book for simple food but never got around to doing it). Been tinkering with the idea of stopping exercise bike for a while but it is so addictive, specially when I am watching TV or on the phone.

You asked me how I am going to maintain my weight when I reach my target. I am going to continue the way I am doing but add a little bit here and there - I think the danger of stopping when I get to target is that without realising I will introduce things to my eating plan and before I know weight start creeping up - I have promised myself not allow myself to be overweight ever again. I have been around the same weight for almost a year. I lowered my target a couple of times since I started this journey - This target I have set myself is the last one as lower than that I will look gaunt and my skin starts sagging.

B - I spent all morning trying to have breakfast! My sons birthday is tomorrow so I had to finish his cake, get the dinner ready for later because I have an extra mouth to feed (my mother) so I didn't have breakfast! Then, the waffle maker arrived!
L - No surprise here, a waffle! (5 syns) Frozen fruit and fat free yoghurt. It was a whole waffle but I... nom nom nom!
S - 2 tbsp seeds while we watched a film
D - Chicken, OXO Roast Potatoes, cabbage, carrot, broccoli, mashed sweet potato and a roast onion.
S - Chicken breast, ham and pickles

The cake is done! Phew, what a relief, no more tasting 😂

Attachments

• 20200503_121229.jpg
    20200503_121229.jpg
    659.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200503_135943.jpg
    20200503_135943.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200503_155540.jpg
    20200503_155540.jpg
    503.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20200503_181007.jpg
    20200503_181007.jpg
    662.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
B - I spent all morning trying to have breakfast! My sons birthday is tomorrow so I had to finish his cake, get the dinner ready for later because I have an extra mouth to feed (my mother) so I didn't have breakfast! Then, the waffle maker arrived!
L - No surprise here, a waffle! (5 syns) Frozen fruit and fat free yoghurt.
I love waffles! And a bit of what you fancy does you good. Only 5 syns. That’s really low.

You are welcome. we are all here to help & support each other to get to our target. Up to recently, I read other diaries but did not commented but somehow I got attracted to your diary and started commenting and enjoy reading it and catching up with your daily activities.

You have done incredibly well losing all that weight from 20 stone so you should not be disappointed with yourself - be proud. I was looking at your measurements and do you know your waist is smaller than mine - I am jealous (just joking). We are all different or life would have been boring. Also we should not compare ourselves to anyone else (who am I kidding).

Love photos of your food and you are eating so well. I take pictures so when I get stuck or hit a plateau then I refer to them and see what I did before. Yesterday, I went through my diary from the start and realised how far I have come.

Yes I went out and did shopping for some variety to keep me motivated and going to try a few new recipes (normally, I make things up as I go along - always wanted to write a cookery book for simple food but never got around to doing it). Been tinkering with the idea of stopping exercise bike for a while but it is so addictive, specially when I am watching TV or on the phone.

You asked me how I am going to maintain my weight when I reach my target. I am going to continue the way I am doing but add a little bit here and there - I think the danger of stopping when I get to target is that without realising I will introduce things to my eating plan and before I know weight start creeping up - I have promised myself not allow myself to be overweight ever again. I have been around the same weight for almost a year. I lowered my target a couple of times since I started this journey - This target I have set myself is the last one as lower than that I will look gaunt and my skin starts sagging.

I'm really glad you did comment and join in. It's great having others to share it with!

I've stayed under 16st for the last 7/8years so I have maintained the 4st loss. We never focus on the positives though, do we? I can only think that I am a stone (or so) heavier than lightest and therefore a failure. My measurements are in cm mind and my hips are huge! I've seen a shift in how my weight is distributed across my body since hitting my 30's.

My pictures of food serve a few purposes, I like to share but, the real biggie is if it is on my plate and I'm embarrassed or thinking about hiding it from you guys, it shouldn't be there so it helps me to be honest with you and myself! Looking back at my pics from earlier this time and seeing some of the portions is 🙈. I looked back at the start of your diary too! You did amazingly well to persevere for so long! Also - I don't feel to bad about the slice of cake I know Iam having tomorrow, seeing how you've been balanced and achieved what you wanted to.

You should do it! Write a food blog if not a whole book. I'd buy into either 😁
Why do you want to stop the exercise bike?

I guess by now, you will have a really good idea of what works for pushing off a few more lbs and what you need to top up on just to maintain. I've set a provisional goal too. I'll see as I get closer, I know I look really good at 14st but I know I want to be lower.

Oh golly! Maybe too low? I'll double check it
I wasn’t doubting you. It’s always a pleasant surprise when I find foods which I think will be higher in syns than they actually are - like the skinny sausages from Aldi. I love the feeling of having a treat without blowing all my syns for the day.

I wasn’t doubting you. It’s always a pleasant surprise when I find foods which I think will be higher in syns than they actually are - like the skinny sausages from Aldi. I love the feeling of having a treat without blowing all my syns for the day.

I wasn't checking in a negative way. I think it's awesome to have spotters in my diary. Honestly, I was kinda in the mindset that I'd thrown the day away and I was going to eat whatever for the rest of the day but after checking the syns, I made it work! Lesson learned - it's never all lost!

B - 40g Porridge made up with 100ml water, 100ml milk from (A). I added almond essence and sweetner and served on frozen cherries. Cherry bakewell Porridge, yum!
L - Omlette with cheese (A), mushrooms and ham. Slice of cake and now I am struggling with the 'not throwing it all away just because I've had a piece of cake' . I don't expect to lose this week what with making the cake and now eating the cake. Lots of guilt.
D - 2 stolen chicken goujons (no photographic evidence). Noodles with stir fried (frylight) veg and sweet chilli beef (4 syns)

Going to do my 30 days fit, starting tonight. Tomorrow I've arranged to do todays walk, as it were. I realised when I went to get shopping this evening that I actually really miss just listening to Spotify in the car. I'm going to put effort into listening to my playlists more. I miss music, it inspires and motivates me.

Attachments

• 20200504_094008.jpg
    20200504_094008.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200504_133000.jpg
    20200504_133000.jpg
    758.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200504_175421.jpg
    20200504_175421.jpg
    727.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
hope today is all well with your son and family
Your omelette is making me drool 🤤 looks so rich and delicious.

for the life of me I cant fold it in the pan so I’ve been using my mums omelette maker. and it’s just not the same as a proper cooked one. 🤪

The one I made earlier ended up being raw on the inside which soaked into my salad lol.
So had to bin it.

Have some otherwise later on you might cave in and eat more than you intended to.
Excellent suggestion and so I did. I had 2 chicken goujons and a piece of cake. I didn't enjoy the cake in a proportionate way for the syns/calories and I don't want to go back and get more. Done with cake. The pizza, oh the greasy, cheesy pizza was calling my name hard though. It's really important for me to keep myself busy! Shopping is done now too so I have lots of great options for picking if I feel I can't distract myself. There were no eggs, so no more omlettes for now, also no pickled onions gah.

@Strawberry Madness he really enjoyed! Thanks. It was really nice but fell apart. I gave my husband the better side, obviously. I didn't even know omlette makers existed! Worst case scenario if you can't flip half of it, is that you end up with really tasty scrambled egg! That salad looked delicious too :(

B - Porridge (B) made as yesterday (A) with a banana, sweetner and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
L - Prawns, noodles, bellp pepper, french beans, bok choi, spring onions flavoured with garlic and ginger. A square of white chocolate (1 syn)
D - Flavoured salmon fillet (because it was reduced) but no idea of syns (guessing at 2), sweetcorn, fine green beans with garlic and half a tsp butter (1) and undercooked rice that I probably won't eat.
S - Sliced beef, 3 Babybel light (A), grapefruit, 25g wasabi peanuts (4.5), 2 pieces of chocolate (3) and a macaroon/cake thing (3.5)
Syns - 15
Exercise - walk this morning, only 3 miles but I also did my 30 days fit workout, day 2

Attachments

• 20200505_124510.jpg
    20200505_124510.jpg
    467.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 20200505_084654.jpg
    20200505_084654.jpg
    556.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 20200505_172825.jpg
    20200505_172825.jpg
    589.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20200505_173351.jpg
    20200505_173351.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • 20200505_173333.jpg
    20200505_173333.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
B - Peanut butter (5) and apple which escalated to kiwi, grapes and satsuma with 40 pistachios (B)! I did have to share with my eldest though.
L - Mackerel salad (1) salad dressing
D - Bolognese sauce, pasta shells and 30g 50% less fat cheddar. Pineapple, kiwi.
S - Ham, 7 pieces of coconut chocolate (10)

Exercise - 2 mile walk, 250 calories
Syns - 16
Calories - 2000 (1200 plus 400 exercise calories, leaving me in a minus of 400). I am finding that days "at work" at home are difficult because I don't have the opportunity to walk around, I don't even feel like I can go to the bathroom!

Looking at the calories, I know I can consume less. I'm just wondering if I should or if I should stick with SW and try to lower my calories... Hmm

Attachments

• 20200506_084926.jpg
    20200506_084926.jpg
    586.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 20200506_122008.jpg
    20200506_122008.jpg
    904.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 20200506_173721.jpg
    20200506_173721.jpg
    748 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back