• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

If it wasn't for minimins I wouldn't have known......

Minimins is so useful for support and advice and I was just thinking how there is stuff I wouldn't have known I don't think if it wasn't for minimins (despite the fact I pay membership and go to group etc)! I was wondering what other people have found invaluable from this site?

For instance if it wasn't for minimins I wouldn't have known about magic porridge.....

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 16st6lb C: 9st6lb G: 9st6lb BMI: 24.1 Loss: 7st0lb(42.61%)
i agree i wasnt aware that if you had porridge without the scan bran then you had to syn the oats.
This is a misconception, if you don't have the scan bran you don't have to syn the oats but you can't swap the scan bran for anything else.

S: 10st8lb
There's lots of things I wouldn't have known if not for this place :)

If it wasn't for this site I wouldn't have known just how many misconceptions there are out there!!! Like above for example......

I must say, this site is invaluable for support and I've made some wonderful virtual friends and the recipes people submit are superb.

I love it :)

S: 12st7lb C: 11st8lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 28.7 Loss: 0st13lb(7.43%)
If it wasn't for this site I wouldn't have known just how many misconceptions there are out there!!! Like above for example......

I must say, this site is invaluable for support and I've made some wonderful virtual friends and the recipes people submit are superb.

I love it :)
Totally agree with all the above! :D x

S: 18st13lb C: 10st12lb G: 10st13lb BMI: 23.8 Loss: 8st1lb(42.64%)
I can pin it down to individual posters!!

e.g. if it wasn't for Jaylou I wouldn't know about Highlights dark chocolate (I still remember the original post saying it was better than Starbucks!) and if it wasn't for StaceyUK (remember her?) I wouldn't know about Pagen rolls with chopped egg and bacon, and if it wasn't for FrugalFifer I would have never heard of the 'resist' list (make a list of everything you DIDN'T eat in a day and add up the syns- it always makes you feel better)

Thanks to my minimins friends past and present!

xxx

S: 11st6lb C: 10st6lb G: 8st13lb BMI: 25.1 Loss: 1st0lb(8.75%)
Paid the extortionate price for an online subscription with no support for a girl in the USA! I found this place in a desperate search for support. Amazing. And free! And wonderful supportive people.

peachy7

Silver Member
S: 13st5lb C: 12st13lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 33.1 Loss: 0st6lb(3.21%)
ooh cocktailprincess i love you!! I'm addicted to pagen rolls and had never thought of having them with egg and bacon.... hot or cold?!

And I totally agree Jaylou is a star!!

x

S: 18st13lb C: 10st12lb G: 10st13lb BMI: 23.8 Loss: 8st1lb(42.64%)
ooh cocktailprincess i love you!! I'm addicted to pagen rolls and had never thought of having them with egg and bacon.... hot or cold?!

And I totally agree Jaylou is a star!!

x
I boil the eggs, then put them in a bowl and mash 'em up- (with some light mayo if required) and snip up the bacon into it- hot or cold - either way it is ace

And yes, Jaylou rocks my world too

S: 14st7lb C: 12st7lb G: 10st3lb BMI: 29.1 Loss: 2st0lb(13.79%)
I wouldn't have known......

To mix options sachets into no fat natural yoghurt makes the nicest chocolate cream dessert ever.

That I had all this wonderful support open to me from people who genuinely care and want to help people they've never even met - love you guys.

That I can look up the syn value for almost anything and get some awesome recipes.

:) :) :)

tara40

Loves Norman Reedus
S: 15st10lb C: 13st9.5lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 30 Loss: 2st0.5lb(12.95%)
i wouldnt have known that you can have Waitrose Porridge with Wheatgerm and then you wouldnt have to have yucky scan bran.

S: 11st11lb C: 11st1.5lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 27.5 Loss: 0st9.5lb(5.76%)
I've just read the above posts ... the resist list sounds like a great idea ... what a great way to keep you on track and feel virtuous ... liking it!!