If You Are Doing Lipotrim Please Post Here And Tell Your Story!

20 mins to go :)
had a great weekend camping in the lakes
got back cleared fridge of everything and my daughters coming tomorrow to have everything out of my freezer
i had 3 days 3 wonderfull meals out in pubs
and 20 mins to go to the start of LT i really can't wait i know it will be very very hard but i'm 45 now and want to be alive for as long as possible
so new day tomorrow new begining of a new me
:D

Tired most the time

Hi all,
I'm on my second week day 3 and I feel absolutely whacked/tired. I did go to the gym Monday and Tuesday and trained for an hour on the cross trainer each time. It really seems to have taken it out of me.:sigh:

Apart from feeling very tired everything else is okay.:rolleyes:

How will i know when I am in ketosis? I still feel hungry most of the time, but I work long days. Up at 0445hrs everyday and might not get home till 1900-2100hrs.

The other thing that I was thinking about is:

Does size matter?:flirt2: - hold it girls, don't all shout Yesssss

Joking aside, I am 6ft 2inch tall and I could be eating the same as someone who is only 5ft.

I can't seem to hold the water I drink for more than a couple of minutes before i'm busting for a pee.

I've got some peppermint leaf tea also, what a treat, tastes so much better than n ormal tea, which I can't stand without milk so have stopped drinking it. Getting used to black coffee and have now figured out how to use the Nespresso machine (espresso only though)for a strong caffiene hit. Loads of different types of coffee.

The good news is that the bad breath seems to have died. Hoorah!!!!!

Well I hope everyone else is doing okay. This site is good, because if your typing your not thinking about eating, BONUS lol:)

Sipping soup on day 3...

As i sit here on day 3 - it seems easier than yesterday - maybe i am nbow slipping into Kartosis. 5 stone seems a big mountain to propel the willpower up but it needs to be done. Feeling quite unmotivated to dug out this forum - will check in with it if feeling like i need to cheat. Wish me luck x:D

The beginning of my story.

Hey everyone. First, sorry. This is long (duh, lol) I just wanted to say, i've been lurking for so long and I just feel like I've gotten to know some of you through your stories. I'm sorry, I know that sounds presumptious. But you all sing the same tune I've been singing for all of my life, and it's such a heart-warming inspiration to read about all of you. I've read this entire thread, seen some of your journeys and because of you and your experiences and your incredible support to each other, I'm starting my own journey tomorrow.
So, in a way, I just wanted to say thank you. Because of you wonderful people I have the strengh to take a deep breath and march on. Wow, that sounds dramatic. I'm sorry, I'm also a writer, I tend to get...carried away when I write.
Feel free not to read all of the below, I promise I won't always write such epics! The below is part of the journal I intend to keep throughout my experience with LT and I will be posting it online in some blog form or other. But I thought I'd share it with you, the soliders, first.
So ladies and gents, take care of yourselves and at least know that somewhere in the heart of surrey, some 20-something fat girl is loving you all, even though she doesn't know you personally.:gen126:

(for reference, Dan is my boyfriend, and sophie is my very best friend in all the world)

6.8.09. 02.17am.
Tomorrow I start the lipotrim diet, something that (from what I've gathered) is somewhat like a more effective, brutal version of slimfast, but also like the Atkins, in that is works on a ketosis basis. 3 Shakes a day, 1 soup, 4+litres of water. No carbs. The idea is that after a few days of no carbs, your body hits 'ketosis', a state whereby your body-having no more energy from glucose-hunts down the surplus fat and burns that instead for energy. Sounds good. The downside is that I've read the first week is a killer because your body goes into energy starvation mode but after the first five days or so, it hits ketosis-a kind of energy plateau and people claim to be more energetic, have no cravings and few-to-no hunger pangs, even though the calorie content is substantially lower than it normally would be. It's a medical diet-in the sense that it's only available through GPs and pharmacys after taking a medical questionaire for suitability. It's got me very excited. I've just spent the last few hours surfing the MiniMins forum on the subject and the average weightloss people have seems to be consistant. Most losing upto a stone in the first week alone! Some lose 7lb, 9lbs etc, but all lose over 6lbs, which is more than any diet I've ever heard of before. The thing thats got me really convinced so far is that people are really loving this diet! And the results are proof of the pudding! Usually when i go onto forums like this and research a new fangled diet miracle you get the odd person saying 'it's great' but usually the overwhelming majority of people report wasted money, time and patience on something that claims miracles but delivers more dissapointment. This diet seems to work with everybody and to a very high success rate! Theoretically, I could lose upto 5st by christmas (it's five months away)! But perhaps I should be looking for lower than that, I'd be over the moon with anything more than 3st!
It's expensive-about £36-8 a week, but frankly, dan and I spend that on normal shopping. This way, i won't be eating whatevers in the house so dan will last on it and i'll be doing my own thing.
One of the best parts is that it doesn't seem to work any better or worse in conjunction with exercise! I could cry with happiness just thinking about that! I don't want to go back to the gym until I'm slimmer. I know that sounds like madness, but I have 2 very good reasons. Well, they're good in my mind at least. 1.) My gym clothes no longer fit and i have neither the heart or money to buy bigger ones. 2.) I don't think I'd manage a circuit. Honestly, I've gotten to the stage where I'm so bad that I might honestly faint. It doesn't help that I'm still a happy smoker, hell, I'm sitting here writing this while a ciggerette idly burns in the ashtray, with me taking the odd puff here and there. I enjoy smoking and although I wholeheartedly plan on quitting this year, now is not that time.
Especially now that I'm basically planning to give up food for a month +.
Thats the kicker about LT, all you get is the shakes and soup. It's basically a vitamin fluid fast.
It will take a lot of dedication to stick to and by all the gods and goddesses I hope and pray I have the dedication it will take. But I know me; if I see it happening, if I see results, if I see the pounds slipping away I know I can stick it out. I did it last year, I should know. Last year I would go for days without food or calories of any kind, just so I could step on those scales and feel slightly better about myself. This time I'll be doing the same thing, but without the guilt over food and without damaging my body. I can do this. I need to do this.
I've managed to convince Sophie about it's benefits, I got her quite excited when I spoke to her earlier this evening and managed to convince her to go on it with me. Last year we were so great together; we'd go to the gym, watched what we ate together (it wasn't till much later where I told her that I had become anorexic, but I think she knew anyway), so with the support we can provide each other, I think we can do it! We can do it together. We've both been overweight all our lives and altough she's better at hiding it than me, she hurts over her weight just as much as I do.
I'm excited, to say the least. I'm going to the pharmacy tomorrow to buy a month supply in one go, mainly because I'm putting it on the doomed credit card. The credit card which I need to give back next week. Annoyingly my most local pharmacy that does it is in Reigate, but frankly, I'd drive to Wales to get it. Seriously, I would. Then I'm going to Matalan to buy some trousers for work. A size 24. Yes, I could buy a 22 but I'm not convinced they would fit. I'm already pretty sure my current size 20s won't fit anymore-the same ones that I wore 2 weeks ago. They have been getting gradually tighter and tighter and I've been majorly binging for the past couple weeks so yes, I'm convinced they won't fit, and frankly, my self-esteem won't take a hit like that so I'm not even going to bother trying them out. I'm just going to go out and buy a massive pair of asshuggers and hold out hope that if this diet works for me like it works for everyone else, then they will be too big for me after a week. That alone is motivation. I'll think of them like a pair of loaners, that I need to give back after a week. Maybe I should pick up a size 22 and another 20 (my old 20s are so old now that they're ankle-swingers anyway.)
Unfortunatly, my goal is not a small one (no pun intended).
I'm 21, 5"8 and somewhere in the region of between 260-70lbs. Which puts me at a couple notches below morbidly obese. Although I like to think that I at least don't look that bad yet. Some kind soul once said to me that although they knew I was a big girl, I at least carried it well. Unfortunatly it's now gotten to the stage where although I may still hold myself like I did all those years ago, there's no amount of good posture that can cover the fact that I am a whale.
But not for long!
For once in my life I want to walk into a shop (in my fantasy I also have money, by the way) and buy something pretty. Not simply because it fits, but because it's pretty AND it fits. I'm fed up of resigning myself to the 'plus sizes' aisle. I'm sick of feeling sick every time I have to go shopping for something new to wear. I sick of wearing stretch fabric and I'm sick of kidding myself I'm not getting 'that much bigger' even though I am clearly (to everyone else) putting on the pounds. I'm sick of looking in the mirror and thinking 'one day'. I wanna look in the mirror and actually shout 'TODAY!'
I wanna feel like a woman when I'm with my boyfriend, who I love very, very much and who would never criticise the way I look. I wanna feel sexual and pretty and feminine. Not...it's hard to put into words. Suffice to say, the way I feel about myself now. Thats how I don't want to feel anymore.
And if it takes a few months of vile tasting shakes and soups and running to the loo every five minutes to wee out the 4litres of water a day, so so ****ing be it! I'll take that challenge and beat it to death!
One week from tomorrow I will weigh myself and cry. Not because of how fat I've become, but because of how much I will have lost, and even if it's not as much as a stone, I will cry because I'll have reached the first milestone in the rest of my life and the hardest part will be over. And at the end of those 7 days, in that evening, I will sit down to a [hot] chocolate shake, smile to myself and say 'you did it. Well done you.' And silently, to no one in particular, I will hold up that mug, toast the world and say 'Here's to you'.

But for tonight, here's to...tomorrow.

Hi i dont know if i should be posting here or not, because ive started lipotrim but on maintenance for the next two weeks. The pharmacist advised me to do this before starting the real one and I was given 21 sachets for this week the orange creme, veg, summer fruits and the chocolate whip thing. I started today and am ok so far i guess because i stuffed myself yesterday. I had the orange creme for breakfast it was ok didnt really like it and could only eat half i left the rest in the fridge which i eat after an hour, and have just know tried the soup which is ok not bad. Im saving the chocolate whip for dinner i hope its nice! Even though im on maintenance and the pharmacist said i could eat food here and there im going to try and stick to the sachets which is hard already! as i have just given into a little bit of fruit juice beacuse the soup left this blocking feeling in my throat :mad:. I think my journeys going to be rocky as I am going to be fasting in two weeks and have been advised to come off the programme by my pharamicst and my mother, but i want to keep it going. Ive got this really bad feeling like I wont be able to lose the weight even though I will be sticking to the programme I am so desperate to lose at least 3 stone as Im 19 and really want to enjoy my uni experience that is about to start so hopefully!:)

wow Akra,lovely story and I'm so glad you've decided to do this diet.I have no doubt it's the one for you as long as you can stay in that frame of mind(read your own story again if it gets too hard,I'm sure it will boost you again as it has just done to me)

This sites great and I look forward to your blogs and weight losses

Good luck:)

Kirstyxx

hi all, iv been on lt now for 3weeks,iv lost a stone up to now.
Im really happy with the diet,dont get me wrong it is extremely hard.
my weight has always been a problem and have tried the usual as in slimming world and weight watchers... hence they`re great to start with but i put my weight all back on ...
I`d heard about lt because a couple of girls i knew were on it and they look absolutely great.. i always wondered if i could do it, but always came to the same conclusion that no i couldn`t...
Then 4 weeks ago my cousin approached me to talk about it and we both decided then and there that we were going to have a go.... so i didn``t have much time to ponder... (which i think is a good thing).
I did have the headaches for the first 4 days but after that iv been feeling great,, i work 2 jobs and have a family to look after and i always felt tired.. now i`v got bundles of energy which every1 in my family benefit from :)
i just want to say that doing lt has been 1 of my better decisions and i have no regrets ..

Hey, all.
Well day one down and day two commences, thankfully its Friday. Yesterday was grand the whole not eating food actually did'nt get to me just the headache which went to bed with and woke up with again now, hopefully this passes over the wend.

Akra, that really is a motivational story and gave me the push to ignore the headache and willingly push through onto day two - so please do keep the posts up here. Likewise my clothes are bursting at the seams on me just I refuse to go and buy new ones cos I know come next week I will be able to close the top button on my work trousers once more (now is'nt that just pathetic).

I was 3 stone lighter a few months ago and following another operation took into self pity mode and ate my weight ten times over and well here I am again. I have a whole wardrobe of clothes that dont fit me in my hope to one day actually be able to wear some - I love shopping for clothes just not for my size for varying sizes downwards from me - yes watched confessions of a shopaholic last night!! At least my housemate gets to wear them.... So its good to chat with others who understand the need to lose this weight and yesterday.

Sa Malsa, keep logging on here to keep the motivation and drive to do this day by day up, people a lot of people (and you know as I write this always skinny people) are totally negative of these diets and say its bad ah so is being overweight and the health issues that come with that. So block the negativity out and take each day as another achievement and once the first day is over it gives the strive to achieve the first week and so on. So keep adding here...Anyway time for me to get up for work.

Hello fellow Lipotrimmers

just a quick hello to everyone who is feeling my pain. im on day 3 of lipotrim and goodness me it is tough i have already caved in on day one and ate some rice krispies (i know couldnt have picked something more appetising to cheat with lol) i have very very little will power but i found this forum great for encouragement and full of positive and determined people so i just had to join. i wish everyone the best of luck and remember a problem shared is a problem halved.... gota visit the WC again oh the joys lol

Shell x :D

First Week

Well im on day 4 now of lipotrim feeling good plus the dog has never been walked so much.Must say am really missing my Saturday drink.Shakes are lovely chicken soup well less said about that the better.

BIGBLOKE

Hey Carbface and to all other LT's,

Just done day 3 went to see nieces and nephews this afternoon and cos I had not taken another shake at that stage my blood sugars were def way too low and was very close to snacking on the goodies I brought them. Came home and had my second one which brought me back to my focus and then I headed off to the shops to see all the nice clothes in smaller sizes to convince me this is the right move for me.

Also this morning I was reading other threads and icemoose said there are those who make this hard for themselves cos they stop living and view it as a prison and the other is the person who choses to do this to get them out of their weight prison - so have to say it was very helpful cos today when hit a low I kept repeating to myself you chose to do this - it actually worked.

I know I'm being bold but have been checking my weight on the scales for the few days just to prove to myself that this does work - have left scales in brothers so I dont get too obsessed with the scales, just needed that prove for the initial few days. Tried on a pair of jeans this evening that has'nt fitted in a few months and they almost tied so :woohoo:

Please keep up the posts I def need them it keeps me on track and so so so so so so want all my 70lbs gone this time.

Hi all,

I am on day 4 - its going well. This is 2nd time at diet - last time I lost 3 stone, have since put back on 1 stone in 2 1/2 yrs - although didnt do refeed or maintenance when I ended at 8 weeks. Just ate normally & have never denied myself anything to eat or drink nor do i exercise - so hence the stone back on.

What I should have done is carried onto my goal weight, I was so chuffed that I had lost 3 stone that I stopped as I thought this was enough. So this is why I am on another 8 week LT because know it works & achieves fantastic results.

I wont get weighed until after 12 days due to working shifts so hopefully aiming for around 10 llbs, which would be amazing as nearly 2 weeks would have gone by since starting.

Good luck to everyone out there - I know how hard this gets at times, I have bought ketosis sticks as an incentive not to stray at all, and I also drink 3-4 litres of water a day, mainly as I dont drink hot drinks anyway. I'm pretty boring & have strawberry shakes at every meal & enjoy them....

Love this forum & best of British x

Reply to Akra

Hi Akra and welcome,
I have only been on the diet for two weeks, I have lost just over 1 stone and all seems to be going well.

You seem to be doing the diet for the right reasons and I wish you well.

This forum is great and some of the posts are excellent and supportive.

It is not the easiest of diets and the food replacement is quite bland but if you stick to it the weight loss should encourage you to keep at it.

I just thought to myself enough is enough when I got to about 4.5 stone overweight and started Lipotrim.

It costs me £45 approx a week for 14 sachets (2 sachet a day). 1 week supply.
You have 1 meal morning and one evening, drink plenty of water over 4 pints throughout the day.

Good Luck and welcome, keep posting. I read all your post, boy do you like to write. Is your partner doing this with you also (if so it will be easier). Help each other through the hard times.

Hi,
I used to hate the chicken soup, i've got a big cup now though (soup cup). I put some nearly boiling water in the cup then add all the powder and I use a small whisk and whisk it to a paste. I then add the rest of the boiling water and whisk again. I then sit down and slowly sip it. I've grown to like it. I think the shakes are better though lol.

I definately think the shakes are better than the soup, i can never get the powder to disolve. Now on week 2 having lost 8lbs in my first week - despite cheating (naughty naughty). Finding checking in with the forum daily helps as well as it is like your own virtual slimming club. Also splitting the satchets into 6 portions rather than 3 helps as you don't have such a long wait in between feeds. Goal this week is to try and touch the 16stone mark, so need to loose 4lbs - fingers crossed

Hi everybody, well done on weight losses.

Am now on day 6 and each time I feel a little down I take inspiration from here knowing it's not just me.

Would normally be having first weigh in tomorrow, due to working shifts I will have to wait until after 12 days, and am worried that the large gap may dent my confidence. I thought at the time it was a good idea but now realising it's a long time before I see if there are benefits as to why I am doing this again.

Have used ketostix & have been in ketosis since day 3 so this is spurring me on as well.

Om also TOTM so wil this affect weight loss, as I recall from before that my weight loss was down the weeks this was due?

Apologies if this negative it's not meant to come across like that xxx

keep going imagine how much your gonna have lost by 12 days i bet it'll be more than 10lbs!!! my mum still lost 5 lbs in one week even when totm?? don't give in wait for your first weigh in you'll be soooo pleased good luck ...

Not eating today as going to hospital at 1300hrs

Hi all,

Diets going ok, 2nd day into the 3rd week.

I am going into hospital for day surgey pain relief today (injections into the facet joints, spine)under general anesthetic so not allowed to eat. I've got prolapsed disks. That's one of the reasons that my weight ballooned, I used to do lots of running, I couldn't do all the strenuous exercise that I used to.

I didn't change my eating habits though and over 6 years i'd gained just under 5 stone (only takes a few pounds a week and it soon creeps on).

The good news though is it only takes a few pounds a week loss and it soon creeps off. :):):):):):)

It's the maintenance of the weight that most people get wrong, me included. I lost 4 stone with weight watchers (in 12 weeks) and put that all back on over the years.

I've been a yo yo dieter since my mid 30's. Blokes seem to be accepted more if they are a bit fat (manly looking, lol:)).

Diets been on in the past
1. Atkins - didn't work (breath like a dog)

2. Cabbage Soup Diet - lost weight (terrible bottom burps).

3. Weight Watchers - (worked a treat but missus made me stop as was looking like a bone). Then put all weight lost back on.

4. Diet pills many types

I finished late last night so only had the one shake yesterday.

I am absolutely starving lol:)

Just a small question about the food supplement sachets, how many is everyone having a day, I was told it was 2 a day (one morning the other afternoon).

Is everyone having the same as me? I've read on here about someone splitting their 3 sachet into 6. That's one more a day than I'm having. I get 14 sachets a week (7 day supply, 2 a day).

Back