If your group is in the evening do you have dinner beforehand?

Gillian576

I have my first WI on Monday evening. The group starts at 7:30pm. When I've gone to other slimming clubs I've been obsessed about what I ate during the day before WI to the point of not wanting to eat/drink.

I am really trying to see this plan as a way of life and not get obsessed about it as I have with other diets. The not counting/weighing every morsel is definitely helping so far!

So, I'm thinking about just having a normal day on Monday and eating dinner as I nrmally do with my family at 6pm. Does anyone else do this who can reassure me I'll still see a loss? :confused:

When I used to go to class I was the same, I was paranoid all day & I had class at 7.30 then changed to 5.30 & didn't eat dinner. I agree with what you say, SW can fit I to our lives so we should skip meals worrif it'll affect our weigh in.

I'd suggest having a normal day & dinner with your family, that way every week your weigh in will balance as you know you've eaten normally every week.

I don't have time to eat dinner before I go to WI as I go straight from work. I eat normally in terms of breakfast and lunch on the day though and eat dinner when I get back home after class. :)

My class is at 6:15pm so I eat dinner after but I have baby club which involves going out for lunch on weigh in day & I always have a decent lunch. Figured the loss will be the same as long as I continue the same way. X

I agree with everyone else, as long as you do the same thing every week, your WI will be consistent. I don't have dinner as my group is at 5.30pm, and after that I go for a walk with my friend, so it's closer to 9pm when I get dinner. I do be starving lol

Thanks for asking this question, Gillian. I've found this thread really helpful as a newbie. Thanks everyone.

My class is at 7pm and I eat my evening meal afterwards, (I don't normally eat until late anyway). I still have a normal breakfast and lunch though.

Best advice - eat when you want to.

When you stop going to classes, you wont be skipping meals blah blah blah so start as you mean to go on.

I have a class at 6pm and have to go straight from work - i eat brekkie, lunch and snacks - and drink all day long. I always have - and wont break this cycle as otherwise its going to give false readings one week if i skipped lunch and get me in a vicious cycle of starving each week to keep the losses up.

Good luck! x

hi hun i eat breakfast & lunch and drink as normal but have my dinner after class as i have to be there at 4.45 thats too early for me to eat so have my dinner after but would say if you had dinner the first week just continue to do the same each week, good luck xx

I must admit I try and eat less on weigh in days but know I shouldn't. I don't have my dinner as I don't have time but generally just try and eat salad and fruit on weigh in day. I'm glad I've read this post as its made me realise I don't need to deprive myself xx

I just feel that the more relaxed I can stay the longer I'll be able to sustain it. I've been on diets before when I've felt guilty about eating a piece of pasta to test of it's cooked since it wasn't part of measured quantity. Bonkers!

My weigh in is at 7.30 also, I try to have a cup of veg soup at 4 ish then I have my tea when i get in.

I weigh in eves at 7.30, had light dinner of soup the first week before I went, I now have soup for dinner every WI day as I feel this will be a true reflection.
If I skipped the meal and lost, I'd feel like I maybe cheated or if I ate a bigger meal before WI and then put on, I'd blame it on that.
Whether you eat before or after - do the same each week.

Linzi x

Well I did have my meal beforehand albeit a slightly smaller portion than normal. Worked out OK as I lost 6.5lbs! Glad I did for this week so I will do the same without worrying from now on.

Gillian576 said:
Well I did have my meal beforehand albeit a slightly smaller portion than normal. Worked out OK as I lost 6.5lbs! Glad I did for this week so I will do the same without worrying from now on.

Wow well done xx brilliant loss xx

I have to say when i was going to group i never ate much at all on weigh day ..this time im going to change that and will rejoin tomorrow and try and eat healthy every day

Back