I'll be slimming all over the world.....slowly!

Hubby used to do the majority of the cooking but since I started SW it's fallen to me because he doesn't really know what I can and can't have. I did ask tonight if we could even it out a bit as I am finding all the working, gym-ing and cooking a bit much and I'm not going to bed until late and waking up tired. I don't want to burn out as I've been doing really well. We ended up slitting dinner between us tonight, I did the chopping and browning then he stirred and served while I showered.

Body pump tonight, I think doing 2 a week will definitely bring forward results, I can already see my arms and shoulders are much more toned. Also arranged 3 PT sessions with body pump instructor, she's been given a link to my food diary on here too so I better only say nice things now in case she is reading ;)

I think I will just leave the WI until SW next week, will give me more time to settle in to the plan and hopefully see a good result. I know my scales are slightly out too.

I have the weirdest lunch ever tomorrow but I have loads of bits to use up so it's a mix of chicken breast, veg mash and spag bol, at least it's all free!

Roll on my day off on Friday :bliss:

I'm so jealous of your day off! Hope you have a lovely day shopping and blogging!

How was your rather odd lunch? Haha!

Really glad you're starting to look and feel more toned. I know how going to the gym can make the weight losses seem less but it really does make a difference in how you look doesn't it? Definitely worth it in the long run!

The odd lunch actually worked REALLY well, I was so stuffed I couldn't eat it all anyway!

Today was just URGH. I spent hours in town walking around getting gifts, I actually went back to the car twice to dump bags because they were getting too heavy, although I have to admit, I seem to have spent just as much on me as I did on everyone else oops! I bought myself a red dress for Xmas party, grabbed an 18 and took it to the fitting room, it was TOO BIG :happy036: so I ended up buying my first size 16 in a longggggggggggg time. Also bought myself a new cardigan, some new adidas gym trousers and a USA pro top. Did get quite a few xmas bits sorted but also managed to leave my card in Superdry when I bought OH a gift and when I called I had to have a huge debate with them over proving it was mine! They asked for ID, which I understand, but I have nothing else in my married name yet, passport is going off Monday and Driving Licence when PP comes back. Kid kept saying just bring something with your signature on..............errr, I don't have anything! Annoyed I have got to walk all the way back into town to get it now too :mad:

Food all looking good still, not sure what dinner will be but I've been on plan without any problems and plenty of syns to spare too. Pilates isn't on tomorrow so I am looking forward to a lay in, a cooked breakfast and then I am doing an hour powerhoop for the YMCA charity even before Body Pump on Sunday. Will probably try and do a running session tomorrow too!

Well, apart from the card situation it sounds like it was a pretty good day! And the bits you got for yourself sound great - well done for getting into a 16! It's the little wins that make it worthwhile hey?

Your exercise regime is just crazy. Do you find it okay or do you have to force yourself to do it all? How was running? One thing I'd love to do is run but I can't cos I have leg problems. Maybe when I'm skinny though!

Managed to go back and get the card yesterday! What a numpty I am!

The exercise is almost just routine now so I am getting used to it. Every now and then I get annoyed about being out so much but I try and push myself to go, especially as I now can see the work is worth it. I think today was hard, I did a running session and an hour of powerhoop last night and then did an hour of body pump and a treadmill session this morning, had to have a little snooze when I came home lol.

Still managing to stick with the plan although gradually realising I will have to meal plan at least a few days in advance at a time so I can buy/prep/cook accordingly. I made a SW coconut prawn curry last night and was so disappointed with it, you couldn't even taste the coconut milk and I had to allocate 2.5 syns to it - what a waste! On the plus side I am really digging the rocky road hifi's, must get another box of them on Tuesday!

Woke up to texts from a few friends about the death of Paul Walker. Now, I have to say I have never been 'into' celebs but he was one I had a major crush on, not just because of his role in F&F but he was also a marine biologist and I remember even hubby telling me he would have been my ideal man! I feel sick when I think about it, such a shame and a sad loss, especially after all his charity work :( I guess this is how teenage girls feel when their favourite bands split up!

Another fellow traveller :) great diary :)

Food is sounding good! I find it so hard to plan meals and thus everything goes off on the same day and I end up cooking loads after a week of picking at things, grr.
Def 'train' hubby in SW cooking ways! Or give him the books to flick through?? Basically show him the frylight and to avoid the flour, sugar, wine etc to cooking...

Awesome stuff on the size 16!! :D wooo!! Clearly the inches are dropping off you! Took me like 4st to drop between size 18 and 16!

X

I think I might have overdone the food buying slightly :eek:, I think I am so worried about running out of SW friendly things to make that I've bought everything i can think of and my cupboards, fridge and freezer are full!

Another member kindly gave me a recipe for corned beef hotpot so that's in the oven at the moment and I've just had an awesome mackerel dinner, nom. Starting to find my portion sizes getting smaller and hunger between meals is more manageable, both are good signs. I was hoping to be on course for 2.5/3lb this week, giving me a bit of a head start for xmas but not sure if I will be there, will have to see how tomorrow goes. I was hoping to get to the gym tonight for another running session but I think I've pulled my quad slightly as it's a bit tender. I'm gonna do some dumbell and barbell work here instead for tonight as I have body pump Wednesday and PT session Thursday so really need it to perk up before then.

Please keep fingers, legs, eyes, toes and feet crossed for me tomorrow, I've been so good this week, only over 10 syns on one day and eating lots of fresh fruit and veg with lean meat! I surely deserve a few pounds off :innocent0001:

I haven't dropped a dress size on my bottom half yet and I'm down nearly 50lbs. But my top half which was slim to start with has gone down to a small or 10/12 eughhhh

Good luck - when's weigh in?

Finger/toes/limbs/eyes crossed for your weigh in ;) you've been so good! X

I haven't dropped a dress size on my bottom half yet and I'm down nearly 50lbs. But my top half which was slim to start with has gone down to a small or 10/12 eughhhh

Good luck - when's weigh in?

I carry so much weight round my middle that I'm not too surprised that's where I am loosing first although my hips are still HUGE!

Finger/toes/limbs/eyes crossed for your weigh in ;) you've been so good! X

Thanks hun!

Well, WI was tonight.......*drum roll*......

3lb off :D

Was hoping for more like 4 BUT, it's a good loss, with the 3lb I lost the week before during my move to SW, that's a bigger loss in the last 2.5 weeks than I did in the 6 before! I was also two workouts down from my usual routine because of injury so it's a good start. Just to complicate matters, I've only shown the loss as 2lb on here because my starting weight was 1lb out due to weighing at night rather than in the mornings. So, that means I reached my 2nd goal which was to lose my first stone. I really want to do another 5/6lb before xmas to be on track for 2 stone by Thailand!

Made a great minced beef hotpot last night after another member gave me the recipe and we have sooooo much food here at the moment that it's crazy. I just need to plan, make and not overthink the food part for a few weeks to stay on track.

Thanks for dropping in ladies, here's to another great week :thankyou:

Well doneeeeeeee! I was thinking about you earlier, hoping it went okay. You glad you started slimming world? Pretty effective hey and it's not even particularly hard!

Bravo girl, very much deserved.

Thanks hun. I just need to keep going, the consultant asked me in group if I had a strategy and I said yes, I follow the plan! I don't want to lose, gain, lose, I want to lose every week and the only way I can do that is to stay in control. I gave up smoking after going cold turkey so I know I have will power, I just need to harness it and be focussed. Right now, I feel shattered, got a lot on my mind and went straight from work to body pump, then did some running (having to jump over quite a large pain barrier on the way) and this is when I am most vulnerable, I could easily just go and grab a chocolatey cereal bar, some crisps etc but I won't..........I won't let myself, it will defeat the point of being so good all day and then going to the gym!

I dug out the spreadsheet that has my weight at various points since June 2008 and I noticed that after the start of 2009, my lower weight was 185.75lbs, so I only need to lose another 5.25lbs to be at my lowest in almost 5 years, that's pretty crazy and would be such an achievement for me.

Anyway, todays bad news was an announcement from my Zumba instructor that she has decided not to teach it anymore, with immediate effect :(. I'm gutted, I loved her class and she's so lovely, I feel a bit lost because I really enjoy Zumba but it's popularity has dropped locally and there aren't many classes now. Not sure what to do instead............will have to have a think.

Must force myself to prep for tomorrow, hubby kindly stuck 2 small pots in the oven so I can have a little jacket potato but need to sort out some superfree or have some fruit first. Hmmm....

Well done on the loss!!! Wow! Thats practixally half a stone in two weeks- amazing!! :D
Hotpot sound great- could you shsre the recipe?? I am always looking for new things to do with mince!!

Sorry to hear about Zumba :( hope you can find an alternative- what a bummer!

You are doing so well- I can tell you are going to be strong willed and stick to it lile a champ! I am surprised I lasted a whole year before this past fortnight where I have gone a bit astray- though not off the wagon! Just a little too relaxed about things I guess! X

I actually used corned beef in mine (lean of course) but you could use mince instead!

I chopped up 240g of lean corned beef into little chunks and earlier on in Tesco I picked up a bag of vegetable soup pre cut veg - spud, onions, carrots and swede. I stuck it all in an oven dish, put sliced potatoes on the top and then filled it with beef stock and lots of pepper, chucked in the oven for an hour and it's cooling now. This will make 4 servings so I am going to freeze quite a bit for lunches next week. It's super cheap to make, you could always add extra spices/herbs if you wanted to?

I feel so MEH today, very drained/tearful and constantly hungry. Although I don't have monthlies I am wondering if I still go through the hormonal cycle and that's what I am having now? How I stayed on plan today I don't know but I kept my focus and found low syn treats instead. Might go and sneak a milky bar into my gob now as a reward!

PT session tonight, found the first 15 mins really tough going, my bank in one area is a bit sore too so playing it safe with the lifting but tomorrow is rest night and I can't wait :D

I've been like that this week too Jody! Been miserable as sin. It was really hard not to just grab a whole load of chocolate and crisps ... Although I did succumb a tiny bit. I don't care this week though!

i reckon tomorrow night you'll feel loads happier. Treat yourself to a snowball and a great movie or something. Hope you feel better soon chick. Go get some big cuddles from hubs :)

I bet it is still a bit of a cycle there- hope you feel better today!
I have really been craving nosh and carbs since the temp dipped, instant want for comfort food! That hotpot sounds great for comfort food and awesome that you can freeze it!

The last 7 days feel like they have been such a drain on me. I can only assume it's a bit of a hormonal thing, I am tired, physically and probably a little bit mentally as I seem to be juggling a lot of balls but hoping I can get into a routine soon.

I'm still doing well with SW, most days I am well under 10 syns with only today being slightly over 15. Also been doing lots of exercise although had to drop some weights today as my back has been a little big niggly this week. Went to a local castle today as they had a christmas market area (which was terrible!) but it was nice to go for a walk out in the open and it looks lovely at dusk with all the christmas trees and fairy lights. I really cannot believe it's xmas so soon, I will probably spend most of next weekend wrapping and organising! I've been thinking of all sorts of treats I want in my few days 'off' and working out when to have them, before I started SW I bought a pulled pork joint from Tesco which I love, and I think it might have to be done on boxing day with some Tempura prawns *nom!*. Last xmas I bought mum a cinema voucher and we went to see Hunger games last night, I'd seen the first one but mum hadn't so I had to fill in bits for her! She said she would never sit there for that long but she did, the film didn't seem that long at all. I was so good and took satsuma segments and grapes in a little tub with a rocky road hifi and a small milky bar for my treats :innocent0002:

Have done a few more workouts from couch to 5 k too, hoping to make the move to week 3 this week, going to see how I feel tomorrow night when I go to the gym. Hoping to be at least another 2lb down on Tuesday, that would stand me in good stead for my half stone SW before xmas.

Nice one on the healthy treats at the cinema! And on stepping up to the next part of couch to 5k :) I find couch to fridge hard enough (trolololol)
Good luck with WI! Sounds like yoy have been mega busy- hope you get some you time soon! X

Well, I should have gone to the gym tonight but I made a deal with myself earlier that if hubby had got a tree I would stay home and decorate it...........well he didn't.............and I just stayed home, oops :eek:. Going to use the spare time to plan some meals for this week and get an early night, I feel permanently tired at the moment so I know it will do me good!

Hoping for a good WI tomorrow, because my scales are different to the SW ones I never know where I am with my weight but I have no reason to go up so I can only assume it should be down :D. I've still been good with syns, mostly having 10 or under, lots of fresh fruit and veg. There are so many great recipes in the forum I never know which one to have first, I just wish you could buy some things in smaller sizes! I am also mentally logging all the foods I am desperate to eat over my days off......so far I have:

Pulled Pork
Pate and chutney
Jam Roly Poly & Ice cream
Peanut Butter on toast
Fudge
Chocolate (obviously)
Macadamia Nuts
Proper Roast spuds
Tempura Prawns

That's getting quite a big list already! I do need to be careful but I am looking forward to my 'treats'. I wanted to be around 2 stone down before Thailand so will see what WI tomorrow brings and work out what sort of weightloss I need between now and then!

Back