I'll be slimming all over the world.....slowly!

I bet there is a difference! I can't wait to start feeling slimmer. The fella has said a couple times that parts of me are getting smaller! Which always brings a smile to my face, so I can't wait to hear it more often! And from all that exercise I'm sure there's no way you could not be physically smaller. So don't fretal petal :)

How do you feel about the dress fittings?

Sophie I think you are partly right, I am sure that because I am aware of all my extra exercise I have made it ok to pop a biscuit in my mouth and I need to make sure I track everything each day to be brutally honest with myself! My 'break' point earlier this year was when my size 18 work trousers were too small and I had to get elasticated ones, I'm now back in those and in the comparison pictures I can see my middle is definitely smaller and my face has changed quite a bit too!

I'm quite looking forward to going to the dress place. I really dreaded wedding dress shopping being a larger bride but actually, I had great experiences and really enjoyed parading around in posh frocks!

So I did Zumba on Monday and worked up a good sweat and I had a lovely PT session with my body pump instructor last night. We have a lot in common and I found her really easy to get on with and she spent a lot of time explaining heart rates and target areas to me, as well as going through some diet ideas. I did some treadmill running, rowing, core work and she made me do 2 minutes of Squats, Bench Press and Upright row with 15kg on the bar which was pretty hard. I really enjoyed the session and it's leaving me with a bit of a dilemma over whether I carry on with my current PT or start working with her, or do a bit of both! I know my current PT is trying to get a full time job so his availability will change in the future but I do have a sense of loyalty to him.............any ideas?

Despite an overall good food week I don't think I've lost, am sure I am STS. It's made me start thinking about what I want to achieve aside from weight loss, I think because of the amount of weight work I am doing that my weight loss will be slow but my composition change will be quite fast. If I have another 2 weeks with no losses I might just weight in once a month because I don't want to get disheartened if I keep not losing when actually I am getting good results.

Another PT session tomorrow! :whacky068:

I think you should go with the new PT you have a connection with! I know you feel a loyalty for the.other but you are paying for what is best for you, you dont have to tell him you are switching trainers do you?
When I started seeing my therapist he explained that I had to find one that suited me and it was common to have a few sessions with a few different people before settling. I think professionals understand that you need to find the right kind.of motivation, and maybe having a toned woman in front of you is visually more inspiring too!

I think the biscuit thing may be your fall. When you first post your diet allowance it seemed REALLY strict and difficult to sick with... Would it not be more fun to try something like slimming world etc where you have a treats allowance and can stay in control whilst being a little more lenient? SW also has quite reliable losses if you stick to it, 2-4lbs per week at the start usually, despte eating 'unlimited' pasta, rice, lean meat etc and having an allowance for 300cal of treats a day on top of that.

The sad thing I found out about dieting is that once we are in the obese BMI, even if we get down to ideal we need to continue eating better than your standard slim person because our metabolism is so lowered from all the weight loss that our body is sort of in survival mode trying to pack the pounds back on... So really we need to find a lifestyle we can stick to as it just isnt as easy as going back to a 'normal' way of eating... Sucks huh?
It took me a long time to get over this but thankfully I have grown so accoustemed to SW food that I am not scared to continue it like I was at the start... The forum has helped me discover recipes that suit he plan and loophole treats, so it really is second nature now when I'm not pushing for an extra loss
with soup days :rolleyes:
#I am not a SW representative LOL
But I do get the sense that other than your PT you are a bit alone in your diet, and it is really great to have people on here to swap ideas with and get inspired by the meal plan of... I really dont know how I'd stay on track without the sense of security this site has given me :eek:
Hope I dont come across as pushy, trying to help/support and spread the love as I owe SW my life back... First time since about 12 years old that I am bot obese. Wish someone had told me it was doable and enjoyable too :p

Good luck tomorrow Jody! Let us know, I think you're gonna do great :)

I agree with Tetris - go with whoever will help get you fit and lose weight. This is about you and nobody else so do what works for you.

Don't be disheartened if you don't lose - getting healthier and fitter is way more important than anything else and you've already said you've come in leaps and bounds in that department. So keep at it chick.

Let us know how the dress fitting goes! And happy weigh in tomorrow :)

well hellooooooooooooooooooooooooo ladies!

Ok, so WI first as I know that's what you are all waiting for lol...........I was back down to 195 so I lost the little bit I put on the week before. Was hoping to be a little down on that but it's a start.

Sophie, I honestly didn't read your post and think you were pushing me at all. I know what it's like to have had something work for you and to then watch someone struggle with the same issues you faced and you just want them to try what you did. I honestly don't know why I am so resistant to the idea, maybe it's because I know it should work and I am worried what it means if it doesn't? After your's and Saruks posts about SW I spent quite a bit of time looking at other diaries in the SW section, reading recipes and trying to get a feel for how the plan works and what sort of things are 'free'. I really think it could work for me, it's not like I have to count every single thing that touches my lips but I can see it would take me some time to reprogramme my brain to accept that I CAN eat fruit.

I even went as far as doing a virtual tour of the site and was all ready to sign up and then I saw that it was £60 and that threw me. I have the money, that's not the issue so much, but it's a big outlay in one go, especially without really knowing much about the details. I also have had a look at local clubs but I have no idea how long the meetings are? Most are at 7.30 which then interferes with gym time lol. How long are your meetings? Do you think they help over doing it online?

This weekend was ok calorie wise although I did have too much sugar yesterday and I also tucked into some of OHs chinese but I tried to control my portion sizes. Today I did a 10 min treadmill blast followed by body pump and then we went for a muddy walk around a country park for about an hour. We also went to Mcdonalds and how I controlled myself I will never know! I managed to sly away from the burgers and had a box of nuggets and literally a handful of hubbys chips just to quell the urge.

I have Zumba tomorrow, PT session Wednesday, PT session Saturday and I'll start my C25K efforts on one of the other days too. One of my work mates told me about some microwaveable frozen veg in packets so I bought some of those last week and I had a pack with some flame grilled chicken for lunch on Friday and it was blinking good. I am just about to start going through some SW recipes to see what else I can find that would make great meals :D

I was always so against the idea too Jody! But I've really loved it so far. And, if I'm truly honest, I don't follow it as strictly as I should - I do a mix of MFP and slimming world. I know in my head what is free and what has syns but I'm not counting syns, I'm just more or less staying away from the bad stuff and entering calories on MFP. But I've really loved being back on the fruit!

Online is is more expensive at the beginning - it's £5 to join at the meetings and then £5 every week but you can pay in bulk and get some free. Meetings are long - about an hour and a half - but you can just weigh in and leave. I quite enjoy it though.

Some of their recipes are fab! Let me know if you find any good ones! Did you make any decision about your PT?

Am seeing original PT tomorrow night for our last session from the block of 5 that I booked, I said I want to chat to him about future plans! I have also booked one for Saturday with body pump lady so will see how that goes and have a think about it next week!

I am currently trialling SW on my own, I've managed to find enough info to give me an idea so am slowly moving over to the SW 'way' - fruit, lean meat etc. My breakfast and mid morning snack was not SW but for lunch I had flame grilled chicken breast with a sweet & sour mug shot and melon & grapes. Afternoon snack was a muller light and a Satsuma/Plum and dinner was lean pork with stir fry veg and sauce in fry light............it's a start!

I've possibly co-erced a colleague into following it with me and I am making us sausage chips and beans for lunch tomorrow :eek:, my SW chips are in the oven now and sausages are just cooking, am quite looking forward to it and have extra lean mince ready to make some burgers tomorrow night when I am back from gym. I am currently stalking the SW forum for recipes and breakfast ideas!

How are you finding it, especially the fruit? I hope you're finding it okay! Sounds like you've had lots of yummy things today! And for tomorrow as well, it'd be great if you guys could do it together. I wish I worked with you if you'd cook me nice lunches haha. Have absolutely shed loads of water too, that's what I'm doing.

Are you just going to do it by yourself at home or do you think you'll go to the meetings? I'm a bit sad my weigh ins are Thursday now rather than Friday mornings with you but if you want to move yours back 12 hours then def do it! :)

I ended up buying a starter pack from Slimming World on Ebay, it has all the booklets, diaries and a voucher for registration and a free class so I thought that would give me a head start and then I can decide about going to a class locally.

I've been and bought myself a load of muller lights as they are BOGOF on 6 packs in Tesco, also bought some grapes, kiwis and porridge oats to give the magic porridge breakfast a try! Enjoyed my SW style greasy spoon lunch and going to have a piece of fruit now so will see how hunger pangs go this afternoon :D

So first SW style day done and I don't think I did too bad! Hoping you lovely SW members can give me some pointers too, I know not everything is SW friendly yet but I am moving over during the next few days.

B: Slice of Hovis 50:50 with buttery spread & Vegemite, smallish banana
S: Small spring of green grapes, satsuma and a Cadbury Fudge bar
L: 2 x Tesco Low Choice Cumberland Sausages, home made SW chips and 1/3 can of Tesco beans, followed by another Satusuma and a plum
S: Small spring red grapes, very small bowl of chicken breast, red pepper and sweet potato, Cherry Mullerlight
D: Lean diced pork with yellow pepper, some tinned new pots and a barbecue seasoning

OMG, I ate loads! I do like picking on food and I was shattered after tonights PT session. Are peppers free on SW?

Just finished prepping for tomorrow, home made extra lean mince burgers with roasted peppers and some cous cous. Not sin free but should be filling!

Sounds like you're doing so well already! And yes, peppers are free! Can't remember if they're free or super free though - I'll look and let you know! Don't worry about making everything syn free, I think the point is you're meant to have your syns! Not that I always do but yeah, don't worry too much about it!

Best of luck for your weigh in tomorrow chick!

Thanks my love!

Well, firstly, I have to say I am sitting here feeling super proud of myself for three reasons;

1) The syn free home made burgers I prepped last night were SERIOUSLY good! Very meaty and with a decent amount of flavour, really enjoyed them for lunch!

2) I went to mums for dinner after work and really didn't feel like going to the gym, but I did!

3) Not only did I go to the gym but I did day 1 of C25K and I did all the one minute runs and ended up doing an extra cos I got times confused (And then I did weights too!).

Food was half and half slimming world today as I forgot to tell my mum I was on SW, oops!

Here is what I had today:

B - Hovis 50/50 with butter and vegemite, medium banana
S - few Macadamia nuts, satsuma and spring of red grapes
L - Homemade syn free burger with roasted peppers and ainsley lemon cous cous followed by 2 kiwi fruit
S - Cadbury fudge, plum, more grapes
D - Chicken breast, roast pots and broccoli/cauliflower with raspberry & cranberry muller light

Weight in tomorrow and I am not hopeful really, I know I should be more positive but I seem to keep loosing and gaining the same 1lb.

Fingers crossed!

Amazing! There's nothing better than that feeling after you've done the gym when you really didn't feel like it! Good job!

I started doing that cough to 5k thing! But I suffer from shin splints soooo badly I just couldn't carry on. I do think I did myself some damage :-/ but definitely so much better now the weight is coming off and the fitness is going up. Best of luck with it! I'm going to be very jealous when you smash it :)

I've got got a good feeling about tomorrow for you! You'll see :)

Honestly can't believe it. STS.

I'm in tears, this is crazy, I'm working my butt off and eating healthier than I have in years......

So sorry about your WI, but very excited to hear you are trying SW- give it a week at least! Also roast pots can work for SW, just allow some syns for oil ;)

It is a lot to get your head around in the first week or two but SW is really non restrictive once you get into it. Unlimted fruit is fab!
Your first fay didnt sound like ypu ate too much :D just remember that the main two rules are 1/3rd of your plate should be superfree and that you should stop eating when you are full, not stuffed.

I never did the online thing and only went to group twice before I gave up on that- meh!! If I were you I'd go to a group between xmas and new years as that is when they give out the new SW books- whih even a year of SW later I still look at weekly! So much info in them about what Hex allowances for what days and a big syn list on the back... The group sucked for me but a lot of people do love it, the books have been awesome though. Try googling 'slimming world PDF' and see if you can find a download of them for now :)

Peppers are superfree on SW! Almost all fruit and veg are superfree or free except avocados and maybe a couple of weird things I never have anyway lol. Fruit cant be cooked, dried or tinned as superfree but certain dried/cooked/tinned fruits are allowed as Hex's.

Happy to help if you have any other questions (PM me if you need a quick answer!)
Also, meringue nests are really great for a low syns sweet treat! 2.5 syns each. And options/cadbury 40cal hot chocs are 2 syns, mmm!

It does work, I promise you! Stick it out and if you find issues after a couple of weeks getting into it then lowering the carbs helps. X

I'm so sorry chick, please don't be sad. I reaaaaally urge you to take your measurements. The amount of exercise, especially strength building exercise you're doing will really hinder the pounds you're losing but will be doing wonders for your look. Take them down, even if it's just hips, waist and bust and then look again in a month. You'll see it falling off, I'm sure of it.

I agree with Saruk- you've probably lost a fair few inches from all the exercise! Also maybe you were retaining water from your muscles healing!

Thank you both for your kind and encouraging words. I think I had been so practical about the two weeks before that I had pinned all my hopes on even a small loss this week and not getting it was pretty devastating. I've also had a very brain taxing week and think I was probably mentally tired which didn't help. I felt sorry for hubby because I can see he has no idea what to do or say to try and help. My best mate (who I work with) quite sternly told me that I have definitely lost inches around my middle and my bum/thighs and I am pretty sure he isn't lying, I guess I just expected that to translate to the scales and it hasn't.

Once I'd got the whining out of my system in the morning I felt much better, I didn't have a SW friendly brekkie but the rest of the day was pretty good:

Breakfast: White toast with butter & peanut butter
Snack: Satsuma, red Grapes
Lunch: Chicken stir fry with chinese veg and a chinese style soy sauce, 2 x Kiwi fruit
Snacks: Cherry Muller Light, few Macadamia nuts, more grapes
Dinner: Extra Lean mince in stock with fry light roasted sweet pots and loads of carrots, leeks and cauliflower and 1 yorkshire Pud
For dessert - another Satsuma and 2 Snowball drinks (very oldskool but I love them!)

My SW starter pack arrived so I read it all and think I have the hang of things, now I need to start hunting down some recipes. I found one for SW friendly pasties but Tesco didn't have any lean corned beef :mad:.

Hubby had to go to work this morning for a few hours so I got up and made myself a SW cooked breakfast - 2 x bacon with fat trimmed off, half can of beans, slice wholemeal toast and a fry light egg. It was blinking marvellous! Then I went off for my PT session with Hazel which was really hard work but fab, I find her so easy to get on with and work with. Decided to pop into Tesco on way back to stock up on Fruit and also picked up a Coconut muller light - I AM IN LOVE! It was just awesome, I think I could probably eat like 5 a day of them but I know I shouldn't. Then I had a lovely fresh fruit salad with a satsuma, a plum, raspberries, red grapes and a kiwi all chopped up together.

Just think about dinner, I want a stir fry but OH is all winey about being bored of them so not sure yet. Hoping to do a fairly SW roast tomorrow, got to do my best now to keep on track :character00116:

Oh, I meant to add that she did my body fat today and I was 45.3% fat.........OMG! I hate to think what it was back in August when I started. Have added a couple of new goals so that even if my weight isn't going well, hopefully I can still feel like I have achieved. I've told OH to hide the scales somewhere I won't find them and they come out again on 21st Dec, I need to stay focussed for the next 5 weeks and I don't ant to get despondent!

Ahh, you sound in such a better frame of mind and I'm so pleased! If a man tells you you've lost inches then you definitely have! ;-) yeeeesh if that's your body fat % I'd hate to know mine! Haha.

ooooh, coconut muller light sounds lush. Have you tried the toffee one? It's laaaaaverly. Is the coconut one light? Def going to be trying if it is!

Next week in my SW class I'm getting a book of dinner party recipes - I'll post some titles on here and if there are any you like the sound of I'll write them up for you. I haven't forgotten about the lemon chicken, I'll hunt it down tomorrow. Basically though it was the juice of a whole lemon, a tsp of honey, a tbsp of soy sauce aaaand then it said coat the chicken in corn flour to make it sticky but I left that out and it was still lovely jubbs. Don't know if that helps for tonight's dinner. and then of course any veg you want to throw in with it and rice or noodles.

Back