I'll prove I can do it!!

How long have you been with him Christy? All sounds very lovely but I would give you my best tip... do NOTHING for 12 months. No moving in, no mingling of finances, no pregnancies, for example. I am always wary when people move too fast..it can be a bit of a red flag. People always send their best self at first, on dates etc.. their ambassador if you like : ) By applying the 12 month rule, you rarely get caught out.

But then, I'm a cynical old b astard so do feel free to disregard : )

Couldn't agree more! I am very very wary - I lost a lot of money when I broke up with my partner of 10 years and will never have a joint bank account again, my son's dad left me when I was 4 months pregnant.

The good side is I currently live with my dad and the bf owns his own place, he doesn't want any financial input from me so I'd actually be better off as wouldn't be paying any rent at all. The only thing is it will mean moving 30 miles from where I am now so my son will have to move schools - its for that reason I want to hold back and see how it goes. He's taking me, my son and his 18 year old daughter on holiday in June so I'll see how that goes. If I do move I think it'll be this time next year xxx

Holy **** check you oot ye tart! Ha ha I'm totally kidding. You ain't a stupid lassie and its hard not to get all swept away by it all but I think a year is a good plan. Plus the holiday will let you see if you can be with eachother without killing eachother. I'm chuffed for ye missy. Xxxx

It's lovely being in love! I'm excited for you!

fairy just seen your pic you look very slim!! What is your current weight? Do you need to be losing weight? Don't tell me I need my eyes checking?!

Well another 100% day under my belt - currently battling a massive urge to drink wine as a Friday treat. I will NOT give in!!! Going to have my tea and an early tonight - my first 3 days in my new job have wiped me out!

Quite looking forward to my daily weigh in tomorrow to see if I have lost anything lol...it's feeling good to be back on CD :) xxx

Totally back in the zone...scales say 15st3 this morning so pretty confident I will pull back my Christmas weight gain before WI :) cannot wait to get back in the 14s, I'm feeling such a lard ass at the minute.

Part of me is glad I indulged as I do think I was suffering from diet fatigue - but then a big part of me regrets it because I'd be a stone closer to my target by now and feeling fantastic.

So the weekend awaits - my old nemisis - the challenge is going to be drinking plenty of water and not cheating! I'm over at the bfs place tonight and going out for a drink with his daughter and her best friend but I'm going to drive - if I can survive the weekend then I know I'm back on focus....wish me luck!!! Xxxx

Kira I just take a good pic I think and carry my weight a bit better than others. I'm around 15st 7 I'm guessing. I ain't weighed myself in a while and to be honest I'm too scared to. I will be gettin in touch with my Cambridge advisor to get weighed ASAP though so I can get back on track. I feel like a proper bloater. X

I was feeling the same lady - we both know that the first week back on track is always a killer but the results are quick - u'd be in the 14s in u'r first week :D xxxx

****** you will be fine if you're driving as you can stick to,sparkling mineral water. Remember it's the mental approach. Remind your brain you are not missing out and you are choosing to have a drink or a bit of food another time. You are not deprived. You will be fine you had done this before and will do it again.

Fairy, you look fab! I know the full feeling of bloat it is awful! Even though I had a good vlcd day yesterday I still don't have that light feeling inmy stomach. Just feel heavy inside.

Have a good day ladies.

Aw cheers Kira. I don't feel so fab more like FLAB! I'm hating men at the mo. they are all pricks. Just because I say so! Arseholes!
Is anyone else finding it impossible getting back into plan? I have been an absolute joke!! I'm too scared to go on my scales. Have my first weigh in again on tues. so not looking forward to that one! Xx

Evening Fairy. Ok totally understand the hate men thang! Been there done it!

Also,understand the difficulty of getting back into it and the fear of the scale been there and done that too.

So, don't look back but look at now and where you want to be. One step at a time. Brave e scale because the longer you delay the bigger that number will become. You can gain control now and remember you are looking fab even though you may notmfeelmit and the scale may depress you. Now festive season is truly over you will find it easier to get into routine again.

God I am totally understanding the problems getting back to plan - I have been completely rubbish. I went to see my CDC last night and she confirmed I am now 15s4. Bf is taking me, Dad and my son out for a Chinese tonight and he's having a meal for his daughter tomorrow before she goes back to Uni on Sunday.

I've decided Sunday morning marks me going back on plan 100%. I'm going to sit him down and spell out to him what this means and show him my CD book which explains it properly. I'm getting pissed off of explaining I can't do things and then he suggests food I just can't have!!! I can actually feel a first row brewing over it.

My friend is getting married in Aug and I really want to be at target for then which means I have 3st4 to lose - I am bloody going to do it to and nobody is going to stop me.....

ps - tend to agree about men ;) lol xxxxx

That's the spirit!! I think you explain the diet your weightloss and your goal it will help him understand and then he will be supportive. Relax and enjoy and go for it on Sunday refreshed and mentally focused!

Well tried to show him my book and and explain what I'm doing...his response..."how about pizza for tea?" - and yes he was being serious! We've had a row.

Well if he's not going to be supportive then I am just going to have to be stronger, he kept saying yesterday that he doesn't want me to be skinny and loves me the way I am. I don't want to be skinny either but I still have over 3 stone to lose before I get into a healthy BMI range. This diet has never been about vanity for me - it's been about getting rid of the weight and being healthy and able to be more active.

If there is one thing I am sure of, if I have to chose between losing weight and him then being healthy will always win. No man is worth compromising u'r health over. I'm actually angry that he's being the way he was - if he did love me then he would support me. Grrrrr!!! xx

Awh! Christy! Ok, I think it is not a case of he doesn't love you or want to support you it's a case of he simply doesn't understand. He is likely to be thinking diet equals skinny. If only! Your health must come first and you know what let him have pizza and you stick to what you want to have shake, bar salad etc. If he had met you at your original starting weight or you went back up to that weight would he not have an opinion? Sure as hell he would! Put yourself first but don't be too harsh on him he simply doesn't get it!

I think if it's less than 6 months then he's not your 'partner' or your boyfriend - just a guy you happen to be seeing - so be wary of trying to rely on him for understanding and support at this early stage.

I'd keep quiet , go about my weight loss business and only see him for cinema trips / walks / anything that doesn't make food the main event.

I'd also keep in mind his comments about liking you as you are. That's all great but you are overweight ( and you know I say this with love - we are all bloody overweight or have weight issues! ) and I'd be slightly wary about him sabotaging you and your diet efforts. Does he like larger ladies ? ( nothing wrong with this i suppose but I wouldn't want a man who specifically found this attractive about me if that makes sense ? I can see him gradually supporting you becoming 20 stone again )

You've worked too hard to throw this away on a man who you've not known for more than five minutes ( although happy to stand corrected in this if its been years !! ) - so don't look to him for support as you won't get it. Treat it as a fun , casual relationship and remember my mantra .... Do nothing for a year and you won't go far wrong

Coming up to 2 months since we met GG - so we're still in the stage of meals out/drinks being a big part of our dating - this is wot I'm trying to stop as CD is important to me. One of my closest friends is getting married in August and I really want to be at my target weight by then xx

Lol wise words GG - there is no chance of me doing anything serious for 12 months and he knows that. I can be very very difficult and I know I'm not easy to live with so I don't want to rush into anything I would regret.

He's got a very strong personality, but so have I so I'm sure there will be fireworks along the way.

He doesn't like big girls, his ex wife was tiny, and so was his last gf. I know I carry the weight I have well because I'm tall - lots of people are starting to tell me to stop now, including my family and best friends, but I will stop when I'm ready xxx

Back