I'll prove I can do it!!

Sounds like you have your priorities right anyway christy. It's tricky , dating and doing the whole eating and drinking thing whilst trying to stick to CD isn't it?

It's virtually impossible, I'm having tea with him, my son and his daughter tonight before she heads back to Uni tomorrow but I've told him after tonight the eating/drinking is stopping until I get to target - I think he got the message when I rocked up at his house with my shakes and hand blender lol xxx

Hi Christy, just got to the end of your inspirational diary.

I have just finished day 3 on SS - has been hard, but managed to keep focussed thanks to diaries like yours. You are probably inspiring and encouraging many, many more people than you realise!

I'm 5'7" too and 18 horrid stone. Ick. Well, I say 18, couldn't resist a weigh in earlier and was 17 8 :-O My scales are the same as my consultant's. Official weigh in on Wednesday night tho'!

Thanks again, and well bloody done you. FWIW, I completely agree with GG's sage advice ^ upthread.

Awwww Cass thank u - u have no idea what a boost that message has given me! It's day 1 of being back on plan and I'm already struggling.

It doesn't seem 5 minutes since I was 18 stone, the time goes so quick on this plan. I cant quite believe I was 21 stone back in May and I'm now 6 stone lighter. I remember feeling like I'd never shift the weight and I was destined to be fat forever - the results on CD are pretty instant and that's what's kept me going.

Good luck on u'r journey, I still have over 3 stone to shift so I will be about for a while - this site is full of amazing people who have shown me such support when I'm low or feeling weak - another massive tool on helping keep the focus going. GG has been fantastic with her honesty and determination...not to mention the beautiful Fairy and Kira, plus many more. Funny how people u've never met can become important on an incredibly personal journey. So u'r not alone, we're all here to help one another along :D xxx

Afternoon Christy, I feel for you as I know first day back on vlcd after a break is hell! Just take and hour at a time if you continue to struggle. Just try and make it to the evening and get yourself to bed early maybe with a hot water bottle?!

Come on girl you can do this! Done it before and you will do it again! I'm doing my cheer leader bit sending good vibes!! Screaming them at you! One day under your belt then you can get on with the next. Day at a time and you'll be flying!

Thank u thank u thank u!!! Today is sooooo hard!!! I needed that....early night it is tonight...I'm going to have to dig deep to avoid eating my son's food tonight but I'm determined to do it - I have to get back on track xxx

Morning Christy! I hope you got through the rest of the day yesterday? I know getting back into vlcd is really hell. Hope to catch up later and see how you are doing. Come girl! This time next year we want to be posting on Minis that not only was 2013 a year we reached goal but we maintained for several months AND no more vlcd's because we only gained a few pounds over festive season that we can knock off with cutting back a little and healthy eating! That is what we need to be aiming for Jan 2014!! We can do it this time, spent too long being fat! x

Awwww Cass thank u - u have no idea what a boost that message has given me! It's day 1 of being back on plan and I'm already struggling.

It doesn't seem 5 minutes since I was 18 stone, the time goes so quick on this plan. I cant quite believe I was 21 stone back in May and I'm now 6 stone lighter. I remember feeling like I'd never shift the weight and I was destined to be fat forever - the results on CD are pretty instant and that's what's kept me going.

Good luck on u'r journey, I still have over 3 stone to shift so I will be about for a while - this site is full of amazing people who have shown me such support when I'm low or feeling weak - another massive tool on helping keep the focus going. GG has been fantastic with her honesty and determination...not to mention the beautiful Fairy and Kira, plus many more. Funny how people u've never met can become important on an incredibly personal journey. So u'r not alone, we're all here to help one another along :D xxx

Thanks Christy!

You know you can keep going - you've done so, so well.

Day 5 for me - still hungry. Ketosis, wherefore art thou? Still 100% - I want to be like you!

Oh man, insomnia is killing me - anyone else?

Kira said:
Morning Christy! I hope you got through the rest of the day yesterday? I know getting back into vlcd is really hell. Hope to catch up later and see how you are doing. Come girl! This time next year we want to be posting on Minis that not only was 2013 a year we reached goal but we maintained for several months AND no more vlcd's because we only gained a few pounds over festive season that we can knock off with cutting back a little and healthy eating! That is what we need to be aiming for Jan 2014!! We can do it this time, spent too long being fat! x

Hello u! Yes I managed to get through yesterday just about - avoided my son's tea thank goodness!! So far I've had a mint choc shake hot and just having a spicy tomato soup for lunch - trying to make sure I drink the water I should b!!

2013 really is going to be the year we achieve our goal and crack maintenance!! I swear I never want to blend up another batch of space food as long as I live after this!! I keep thinking how amazing it is going to feel getting into the 13s and wondering if I'll be in size 14 jeans by then! I'm going to buy a pair of size 14 skinnies and see how long it takes :D in drawing up my target chart again tonight which will map the big push down to 12 stone!!! arrggghhhh it's scary and exciting all at the same time lol xxx

Casswass said:
Hmm... I replied hours ago - where's my post?!

Thanks Christy, hope you're feeling back in control now. You're doing so, SO well.

Day 5 for me. I'm insomniac and still bloody hungry. Ketosis come onnn!

Ahhh I suffer terrible insomnia during the early part of CD - I'm expecting it to hit around the mid/end of the week! Ketosis is amazing because the hunger will magically disappear - I have to set my alarm clock to remember to eat when I'm in ketosis. Congrats on getting to day 5 - I'm soo excited for u'r first WI, it's going to give u a huge boost :)

So far so good, taking it a day at a time and making a big effort to drink the water. Works is busy which helps as a distraction lol xxxx

Totally agree not missing the vlcd space foods! Mind you as Tizzy pointed out to me in the maintenance/shedding that last stone vlcd products are a great tool. Whilst we can lose a significant amount of weight in a relatively short space of time (and also gain a significant amount of weight in a shorter amount of time!) I think true maintenance can takes months and months because old habits are hard to break and of course life gets in the way. But hey! One step at a time put looking forward. I am really pleased you got through yesterday. That will help you today because it was such hard work to get back into it as you know! Great idea getting the size 14 jeans now, you could keep trying them on every week to see how you are doing. I think it really is a good way of seeing whether you have lost physical fatness and not just the number on the scale alone. If that makes sense!

Second the jeans idea... although I'd ease yourself into this by getting them from GAP.... their sizes are generous and that could mean you're there before you plan to!

I used to make lists of what I wanted to achieve... Top of the list was wearing vest tops without having to cover my arms and wearing belts again..both of which I managed at 10 stone something. I really like wearing a belt and having it on show... might have to remind myself that I dont want to slip back and lose these achievements.

Also consider treating yourself every week...no, not with a bag of Minstrels! A lip gloss, item of clothing, magazine, book, hot bath with lovely oil. I am VERY fond of treating myself and it can be something to aim for. I bought myself an ipad mini when I reached target... worried about the staggering cost of it afterwards :D

Ahhh I suffer terrible insomnia during the early part of CD - I'm expecting it to hit around the mid/end of the week! Ketosis is amazing because the hunger will magically disappear - I have to set my alarm clock to remember to eat when I'm in ketosis. Congrats on getting to day 5 - I'm soo excited for u'r first WI, it's going to give u a huge boost :)

So far so good, taking it a day at a time and making a big effort to drink the water. Works is busy which helps as a distraction lol xxxx

Thanks Christy. Today was hard - my son had a jacket potato for dinner and I bloody love them. Was chewing my knuckles up in the bathroom.

Glad to hear you're on track.
:)

Er hiya! *waves coyly*

I have been a total joke of late. I get weighed tomorrow so I can see what damage I have done. :( xx

Kira said:
Totally agree not missing the vlcd space foods! Mind you as Tizzy pointed out to me in the maintenance/shedding that last stone vlcd products are a great tool. Whilst we can lose a significant amount of weight in a relatively short space of time (and also gain a significant amount of weight in a shorter amount of time!) I think true maintenance can takes months and months because old habits are hard to break and of course life gets in the way. But hey! One step at a time put looking forward. I am really pleased you got through yesterday. That will help you today because it was such hard work to get back into it as you know! Great idea getting the size 14 jeans now, you could keep trying them on every week to see how you are doing. I think it really is a good way of seeing whether you have lost physical fatness and not just the number on the scale alone. If that makes sense!

Yeah I can see CD being a useful tool - even if it's just doing a fortnight of it occasionally just to sort focus out after Christmas or a holiday. The main thing is living a healthy, active life so u have balance - I can't wait to get to that stage!!

I must admit I have been silly and had some cheddar tonight...not loads but it was weak of me and I should know better. But I'm pulling focus back and just thinking about Sunday's WI - I'm determined to get back in the 14s :) xx

GretaGrip said:
Second the jeans idea... although I'd ease yourself into this by getting them from GAP.... their sizes are generous and that could mean you're there before you plan to!

I used to make lists of what I wanted to achieve... Top of the list was wearing vest tops without having to cover my arms and wearing belts again..both of which I managed at 10 stone something. I really like wearing a belt and having it on show... might have to remind myself that I dont want to slip back and lose these achievements.

Also consider treating yourself every week...no, not with a bag of Minstrels! A lip gloss, item of clothing, magazine, book, hot bath with lovely oil. I am VERY fond of treating myself and it can be something to aim for. I bought myself an ipad mini when I reached target... worried about the staggering cost of it afterwards :D

Ahh I read this after I went shopping lol - I've bought size 14 skinnies from Dotty Ps - I'm currently wearing the size 16 version so it's a good benchmark. I think I'll probably cry when I get into them - I was very young when I was last that size.

I have drawn up another target sheet which takes me right to my target of 12 stone, I love u'r suggestion of a list of targets...one big one is going to be wearing shorts, I've never felt comfortable wearing them and I am definitely wearing them this summer :)

The weekly treat is a nice idea, I am going to treat myself to some Molton Brown bath goodies and give myself a treat after my weekly WI with candles...bliss!! My also start building up my nail varnish collection again as its one thing I don't normally splash out on.

As usual - u've given me great ideas to ponder on :D xx

Casswass said:
Thanks Christy. Today was hard - my son had a jacket potato for dinner and I bloody love them. Was chewing my knuckles up in the bathroom.

Glad to hear you're on track.
:)

Ahhh Cass I totally know where u'r coming from!! Hard isn't it?!! Another day under u'r belt and another step closer to WI...keep going u'r doing sooo well :) xx

lovecoaster said:
You've come a long way baby! I am impressed! Yes you can do it :)

Thanks!! With determination and focus I'll get there eventually!! :)

Fairy577 said:
Er hiya! *waves coyly*

I have been a total joke of late. I get weighed tomorrow so I can see what damage I have done. :( xx

Ahhhh missy - just hold u'r breath and do the deed - its wot I did last thursday. I totally know how hard it is getting back into it. I've been exactly the same....sit down and write a list about why u started doing this, I know u haven't reached where u want to be so take some time to remind urself and then get the focus back :) I'm totally rooting for u gorgeous xxxx

Back