I'll prove I can do it!!

Falry don't be coy! Look at the present not the past! Plan for the future but live for now! Life is too short! Get on the scale and deal with it there and then! Not tomorrow. There will,be bumps and lumps. Let's tackle,them together. Miraculously still feeling glass half full!

Right I am half way through the day with no slip ups...I've had a mint choc shake warm for breakfast, cookies and cream cold for lunch and I'm just finishing my first litre of water. I've got a cranberry bar for my 3pm snack and then i just have to survive tonight with no silliness! Xxx

Thanks girlies I know I can always count on you lot for a boot up the arse. I'm just feeling really really down just now. I feel like I'm getting nowhere with college, I feel quite alone right now with it being me and the kids and I have never felt like that before. I have been single for 3 years and such an independent person. I'm totally in love with my male best friend and there is nothin I can do about it. I have been told my dad who I have not spoken to on years has bowel cancer and I have totally buggered up on this diet and I feel like bursting into tears. Oh wait a minute, yup I'm blubbering.
I'm just feeling so low and feel like everything is piling on top of me. I just want to lick my door, crawl under my duvet and sleep for a week but I know I can't and I need to man the **** up. Sorry girls for bringing you down. I just need to snap out of my woe is me attitude and get on with it. Trust me I am normally not like this. Xx

Now when I say lick my door I really mean lock! Ha ha what a spoon. That made me giggle. You ladies and gents will be think ***** she has resorted to licking doors!! X

Ok so I managed to put 5lbs on. It's not totally disastrous I suppose. The next 4 days is gonna suck though!! X

It's exactly what I put on! That's great - u'll get that off in a week and more :) Just take it an hour at a time....I'm starving and fantasising about cheese and grapes but I'm determined not to cave. Come on - we can do this :) xxx

By the way totally understand how u'r feeling - my Dad finds out this week if he has kidney cancer and/or leukaemia. It's horrible horrible times and it's not surprising u'r feeling so low....sending big hugs u'r way missy xxxxx

Thing is I think my dad is a prick! We haven't spoken in 15 years apart from a brief hey how are you at my grandmas funeral. I'm slightly confused. I hate him and didn't think I would feel this way about it all. X

Ahh I don't think it's so unexpected, whatever u'r history he's u'r Dad and u'r a good person - its always a shock to hear unexpected news like that no matter how close u r to that person. Take u time to digest it and then do whatever u think is best for u.

My best friend died suddenly when she was 26 and we had had a massive fall out a few months before she died and we never patched things up, it's always played on my mind and it's been a difficult pill to swallow because no matter how much she hurt me, she was a massive part of my life and I loved her. If i had known her cancer had come back I would have sorted our issues straight away. I'm at peace with it all now though but it's taken me a few years.

Have a think and perhaps talk to u'r Mum xxxx

Right as today draws to a close I have has another fairly good day...eating cheese has got to stop though!! At least I didn't have any chocolate though which is the first time in ages. I'm going to get on those scales in the morning and see how they r looking....

Morning Ladies. Christy hope the scales are good to you today? STOP!!! HAVING THE CHEESE! You are doing great other than the cheese! Fairy ((((hugs!)))))))) big ones! You are allowed to feel absolutely s hit! Sometimes one has to really hit rock bottom before one can pick oneself up again and that is exactly where you are right now. There's a lot to handle emotionally without the extra weight but remember the weight YOU have CONTROL over everything else I'm afraid cannot be controlled or taken charge of. So first things first. Get back on the plan and remind yourself your are "choosing" not to eat and stick to vlcd. You are not hungry, deprived etc when you feel the vlcd is hard and it will be hard. As GG on her thread says "being overweight is hard and doing a vlcd is hard - choose your hard". Come on this bit you can do. As for your dad, I have experienced something similar but he is your dad and we can have love hate relationships with parents. You are upset by his health news because you are a kind and thoughtful person and it has happened to your dad. Even though you haven't spoken for 15 years you don't wish this kind of illness upon him. Life is too short as it is so take this as an opportunity to see if you can make up. If you can't you can't but at least you know you tried? x

Thanks girlies I don't know what I would do without you all. Well second day in and I'm still going strong although I really need to up the water. I have mopped about doing sod all for the past two days. I have been a disgrace. Ha ha. X

That's great Fairy you'll be in ketosis before you know it. Keep ticking each day off you complete and keep posting! X

I'm the same - I have been rubbish with my water today. Had the nicest CD tea I've had in ages - chicken with celeriac chips (chopped up some celariac and spritzed them in One Cal spray then baked them)....yummy!! I'm going to buy some more and have it with cod on Friday me thinks :D

I am going to make it my mission to drink my water allowance before bed - so will be up about 4 times in the night to go to the loo lol!!

Hope u'r all ok xxxx

Just jumped on the scales and I am 15st2.1 so I am a slither away from 15st1 - the 14s are soooooo close again!!! WI is Sunday night and I'd bloody love to get back to 14st12 by then! Total 100%, no messing with the rules focus and I'm pretty sure I will.

How are u all getting on? xxxxx

Oooo citing Christy! I am supposed to be doing ss with no bars or food for the first two weeks but I cracked last night and had a couple of eggs with some chillis. I'm finding it harder this time round! I need to get my body back into ketosis. I am also jamming with the best friend who I am totally in love with tomorrow. He will nae doobt be having a beer and I will stick to my sparkling water. :)
I want to be a size 12 by April. Clothes are so frustrating. I hae size 16 jeans that I can't get on, a pair of 18s that fit me perfect bit I also have a pair of14s that fit too and I'm defo a 14/16 on too. I wish they would all just make their clothes the same size!! X

Morning ladies! Christy that is great you are so close to the 14's! Keep up your water, sip during the day if you can it's amazing how much one can get through just sipping it now and again. Fairy, don't worry about having the bars before doing CD for a week, My CDC when I did CWP said that the reason they like you to have no bars is so you can get firmly into ketosis and accustomed to drinking the water required as when bars are introduced they have more carbs than shakes etc and you need to be in the habit of drinking water to stop constipation which the bars make worse. You will still lose the weight if you stick to plan with the bars.

Fairy577 said:
Oooo citing Christy! I am supposed to be doing ss with no bars or food for the first two weeks but I cracked last night and had a couple of eggs with some chillis. I'm finding it harder this time round! I need to get my body back into ketosis. I am also jamming with the best friend who I am totally in love with tomorrow. He will nae doobt be having a beer and I will stick to my sparkling water. :)
I want to be a size 12 by April. Clothes are so frustrating. I hae size 16 jeans that I can't get on, a pair of 18s that fit me perfect bit I also have a pair of14s that fit too and I'm defo a 14/16 on too. I wish they would all just make their clothes the same size!! X

My CD never says not to have the bars from the beginning, I'm having one every day at about 3ish. I'm sticking to SS+ which is what I've done from the beginning, may drop down to pure SS when I get to 13st to shift the last bit of weight.

I'm finding dress sizes so frustrating - I'm rediscovering the body I had has a 19 year old i.e slim legs and tiny hips but bloody massive boobs. I've lost nothing off my chest for ages - I'm comfortably in a size 16 bottoms but I'm a 16/18 on top. I'm a 38DD, I seem to remember being a 36E when I left school so not sure how much more my boobs will shrink....I feel ridiculous! My best mate thinks its hilarious - but this is playing on old insecurities - I was always 'popular' with the boys but only because of my chest, nobody ever talked to my face. My mum used to have to alter all my dresses so they fitted properly. It's funny what u forget but this was a big issue for me as a teenager.

So decided if I can lose this weight I am going to see my GP about having a breast reduction xxxx

Kira said:
Morning ladies! Christy that is great you are so close to the 14's! Keep up your water, sip during the day if you can it's amazing how much one can get through just sipping it now and again. Fairy, don't worry about having the bars before doing CD for a week, My CDC when I did CWP said that the reason they like you to have no bars is so you can get firmly into ketosis and accustomed to drinking the water required as when bars are introduced they have more carbs than shakes etc and you need to be in the habit of drinking water to stop constipation which the bars make worse. You will still lose the weight if you stick to plan with the bars.

Good points :) I have drunk over a litre already plus a big mug of lemon and ginger tea, so on course to drink what I should. Seeing the scales so close to the 14s has given me a huge boost. Is it greedy of me to want to be in the 13s already?!!! hahaha xxx

I don't think it's greedy at all! Afterall you are so close. It's frustrating getting back into being on a plan whatever it is particularly after the festive season. I think once January is out of the way we may find our respective plans as the 'norm' what we do because we want to and that's when you tend not to get as frustrated. Wow! a breast reduction! I have the opposite problem small frame on top no bust really and big hips! I would love to have breast augmentation to balance me my hips out but I'd just be too scared of the pain and risks! It is funny how when overweight we accept the shape and size we are even if we don't really like it but as soon as we begin to lose it we become critical of our bits and pieces!

Back