I'll prove I can do it!!

Lol it seems like that doesn't it?!! Well so far I've stuck to plan today; had a warm mint choc shake for breakfast and a warm cookies and cream shake for lunch. Having a yummy lemon bar at 3pm...I've drunk over 1 litre of water so I'm back on track. Feeling super tired so will go home, have a mushroom omelette and have a early night so hopefully won't do anything silly tonight. I want to be around 14st8 for next way in as I want to be as close as I can b to 14st by my best mate's b'day next weekend :) xxxx

Ha ha ha!! I know, bit of a slip up but confident I'm on track to lose a stone in a month which is the main thing :) well done on u'r success too - that's great news x

Yes I'm tentatively confident that I've managed to claw back some control.

However eating Quinoa with seeds is never quite going to the same as a pizza followed by cheesecake is it?

Yes I'm tentatively confident that I've managed to claw back some control.

However eating Quinoa with seeds is never quite going to the same as a pizza followed by cheesecake is it?

Hiya :)
Its my first day today, are you allowed sugar free chewing gum on the CD?

Thanks
Sian x

I think different CDs have different rules. I was told not to drink coke zero and defo not have chewin gum of any kind. But then if you got good weightloss Gretna I don't see why you shouldn't then. Z

Yes, you're right - both are probably on the 'banned' list.

However, my view is that no one ever got fat on a few pieces of gum or a can of diet coke : )

I think i got fat on cream cakes

It's all to do with ketosis - they say the artificial sweeteners tip u out of ketosis. Personally after we've all been doing it so long we've found our own strategies. I never follow the advice now and use my own judgment. Coke zero is my saviour when I need to coke fix xxx

That is ridiculous advice - the Cambridge website says take painkillers to get through to headaches experienced in the first couple of weeks. Makes me wonder what some CDCs actually know about this diet!!! x

Also bear in mind that weight loss is possible without being in keto- obviously SW and WW for example are not diets that induce ketosis.

Like christy says - its about making it work for you. A bread roll is a no no , a piece of gum won't hurt. Common sense I suppose

Yep totally agree - ketosis just helps take an element of hunger away. I'm not in ketosis and haven't for the last 2 months, but not too concerned about it. I don't ever ask my CD for advice now because I can predict what she'll say - that said she was really good advising me on what I can eat in restaurants xxx

I need to get back into ketosis but finding it über hard. Full of this cold that's floating about too. How's everyone else doing? X

Also is anyone worried that when they lose the weight they will be left with saggy skin? I think I'm going to be left with some on my belly and this makes me angry at myself for getting like this. X

I wouldn't worry too much re the saggy skin Fairy, for several reasons. Firstly, it's a form of self sabotage to worry about what 'might' happen in the future when you're 10 stone < for example >... Always better to concentrate on the job in hand first, which is to get the weight off. And it's far healthier to have some loose skin than to carry extra weight. It is also dependant on a few factors ... your age, your skin type, how quickly you lose the weight etc.

As for me.. well I was over 15 stone - and had been 16 stone when pregnant a decade ago... and I am currently 9 stone 5 - and go between this and about 9 stone. I have good skin tone I suppose but at 41 I did worry about loose skin. I have been lucky .. I am absolutely fine with two small exceptions. My tummy is ' not good' :D but I can hide that no problem. And the very top of my inner thighs is not as toned as I'd like, although my legs are slim. These are small things though and I can live with them. I'd rather that than being the weight I was as I didn't feel myself then.

I also have felt cross with myself for allowing the weight gain - and really, it was nothing more than greed that caused it. I was never overweight until I had my children. I shall blame them : )

SweetPea - don't get too hung up on coke/paracetemol or gum or anything like that. No one put on weight using/drinking those things and it won't impede weight loss at all, unless you're mainlining hundreds.

I'm doing OK... 9 st 5 this morning which is fine by me. Just another few lbs to knock off and then I'll be back to where I feel most comfortable. Of course, i had to celebrate this by buying some more clothes.

Sugar coated paracetamol? Good grief... :eek: There's a gram of paracetamol if you take 2 - not much room for sugar there, is there?

But the gum is a Your Mileage May Vary thing - if it makes you hungry, stop! That's pretty good advice in itself, really. :) Incidentally, if you're worried about bad breath those minty mouth sprays are fine to use - usually not far from the toothpaste in a supermarket.

Back