I'll prove I can do it!!

Thanks Christy! Your story has really motivated me as I feel I'm one of those people too who says "if I can do it, anybody can" as I am a big girl, and after being divorced 5 years feel I'm ready to tip my toe in the dating pool and feel that my weight really does revolt men! It revolts ME to see my body in the mirror! I really thought, doing 3 shakes ONLY a day for all this time the weight would drop off me, but it really does seem to be very gradual and slow... slower than I thought and THATS why I'm losing hope and faith in myself (and my body) in its ability to lose fast. As I have so much to lose, I thought it would be faster, ... I know someone here in SA who is a week behind me, has less to lose, and has lost what I've done in 4 weeks, in 2. and THAT demotivates me. I know our bodies are all different, bla bla.... but hells bells....

Its also funny, how when life throws us a wobbly, we turn to food? I used to be the complete opposite... when I had something thrown at me, I stopped eating! Now I comfort eat.... Divorce, then death of best friend... then 2 other deaths which affected me at work that were both sudden and I was really needed.... food was my comfort...

I will definately think differently about everything that goes into my mouth going forward!

As I'm too new to this site, I cant upload pics of anything... I really NEED a bunc of cyber ladies, going through the same emotions that I am - to motivate me to continue.... I HATE MY BODY and therefore hate myself.... and I've lived like this too long, I need a new me to find my self confidence again.

I totally understand where u r coming from - u really do echo how I felt 6 months ago. I've been through a very similar time and it knocks the stuffing out of u. I found that food really was a comfort but it made me even more miserable when I was piling on the pounds.

How much have u lost so far? I think it's so important to get into the mindset of "ok life has been pretty rotten lately but now is the time I take control and make sure I do everything I can to have a better and improved future", once u do that u gain control and can think do u want that bar of chocolate more than u want to be 3lbs lighter that week - that's how I found the strength to not eat the chocolate.

Seriously think about setting mini goals for urself, I've done that all along and it is only now I am allowing myself to think of my main goal weight. I still have other targets to reach though. I want to get my weight into the overweight category and then down to 13st - then I'm just one stone away from where I want to be for life.

U CAN and u WILL do this, this is about getting back to that real u and being the person u dream of being. Dreams can come true if u put in the hard work and give it time :) xxxx

Christy is right Jilly... it is certainly possible to achieve. Just takes effort. In may 2011 I was 15 stone 2 and in November 2012 I had made it to 9 stone, going from size 18 to size 8. So it's definitely possible. Maintenance takes effort though, have to say!

Day 2 has just started with a CD bar and half a litre of water.

How is everyone?

Well done girls for completing day 1...day 2 is going to be just as good for you, i can feel it in my bones :D
Youll fly through these 3 days and then youll just want to keep going!! :D x

Hello lovely ladies! Trying to be less of a misery today! If I didn't have the support and understanding on Minis I know I would already have regained what I lost so far and some more! Before I forget, Jilly, I have to say your CDC sounds great (yes she wants you to buy products) but she also sounds very encouraging and strict and really that is what you need. As GG said you don't need to do the full 12 weeks but even doing 8 weeks and getting yourself onto the next step will be worth it! Please keep going! I get so excited when others do well and lose weight (even if I am struggling myself).

Thanks Christy..... you know where I'm coming from - the comfort eating and then self loathing. All my friends say they dont care that I'm overweight, they love me for what I am - but I'm not happy with myself - so I'm doing this for ME and for no one else. Friday is my weigh in - so in the last 3 weeks I've lost 15lbs... seems awfully slow but its probably not, I'm just really hard on myself!! My kids had takeaways twice this past weekend and I resisted even a mouthful - my consultant would be so happy with me...LOL

I've just come back from visiting my dad in hospital - I havnt seen him since I started this diet and the first thing he said to me was "you've lost weight - I can see it in your face"! ! ! ! ! :D Now THOSE kind of comments are welcome..... He asked how I'd done it, and I lied. I'm embarrased to say I spend a FORTUNE on meal supplements and I'm living on shakes and water - my dad would not agree with this diet on ANY level and I didnt want to fight with him. So Just said I'm watching what I eat and have cut out alcohol and sugar. Left it at that - when I get to goal I maaaaaay tell him about Cambridge. Not yet.....

Wow GG! From looking at your avatar pic I cant imagine you being 15st!!!!!! Do you have 'before' and 'after' pics? Did you do SS or SS+?

I'm really glad I found you - on a day that I would've caved in undoubtedly! Today I had Vanilla shake for breakfast, I'm on my 2nd litre of water (nearly at 3litres) and had strawberry shake for lunch.... so I've been 100% good since...... Saturday evening?

Btw, what are your mini goals Christy?

You work in st in the UK, we work in kgs'. My first goal was 10kgs (22lbs) which I hope to be at in the next 3 weeks. Thats my first goal - (I lost 2kgs before I started CD so in effect, I SHOULD reach my first goal hopefully by Friday!) But if I'm measuring myself and my weighloss PURELY on CD, then 2-3 weeks....

Do you have a "prize" for yourself at the end?

I did SS for almost 8 weeks and then the side effects became such that I went over to calorie counting. I've been up and down by 7lbs in the past 6 months or so since reaching target but usually even out at around 9st 5 or so.

Are we all still on track ? I've just had the one product so far and about to go for an appointment now so will grab lunch in an hour

Im so off track..coz i ran out of sachet..can only get them on saturday.and since im asian the staple food here is rice rice rice..everywhere

Btw, what are your mini goals Christy?

You work in st in the UK, we work in kgs'. My first goal was 10kgs (22lbs) which I hope to be at in the next 3 weeks. Thats my first goal - (I lost 2kgs before I started CD so in effect, I SHOULD reach my first goal hopefully by Friday!) But if I'm measuring myself and my weighloss PURELY on CD, then 2-3 weeks....

Do you have a "prize" for yourself at the end?

My mini goals r to first loose a stone from the weight I am today - which takes me from obese to overweight on my body mass index. My second is to lose 12lbs to get me to 13st which is just a stone off my main target - then its the final push down to 12st. I'm expecting it to take me approx 3 months (fingers crossed!)

My 'prize' is going to be treating myself to a really good quality knee length boots like I used to have, and my best friend is going to throw a big celebratory party for my 41st b'day and to celebrate me losing over 9 stone in less than a year :)

So I have to knuckle down and do this, I have people counting on me lol xxxx

I did SS for almost 8 weeks and then the side effects became such that I went over to calorie counting. I've been up and down by 7lbs in the past 6 months or so since reaching target but usually even out at around 9st 5 or so.

Are we all still on track ? I've just had the one product so far and about to go for an appointment now so will grab lunch in an hour

So far so good - today we have cakes in the kitchen at work!! This place is unbelievable for treats!!! I had a warm shake for breakfast and a cold one for lunch. Planning on a lemon bar at about 3pm. I've drunk 3 litres of water so far. All is good....WE ARE GOING TO SMASH THIS :)

Good stuff!

Just checking in.... I too am firmly on track still. CD bar this morning, stir fry for lunch with a few cherries. I have spin class at 6 so that will also burn some calories.. and then it's another product this evening. I am only going hardcore like this for a week, just to feel more comfortable.

I've just had a massive argument with my exhusband - and I just want to reach for wine!!!!!!:cry:

Instead I'm going for a good cry in the bath!

Don't reach for the wine honey- I did that two weeks ago and it did not feel good. Horrible thing to argue but get yourself in the bath and try to focus on positives (so easy to say and not so easy to do!) try and keep strong... Think about the scales tomorrow!! Xxx

Good stuff!

Just checking in.... I too am firmly on track still. CD bar this morning, stir fry for lunch with a few cherries. I have spin class at 6 so that will also burn some calories.. and then it's another product this evening. I am only going hardcore like this for a week, just to feel more comfortable.

Yay!!! That's great news - only one day left of the 3 day challenge - lets see if we can stretch it out to 7. I'm pretty sure that will see u back to where u want to be and will set me on my way to reaching my next target :)

I've just had a massive argument with my exhusband - and I just want to reach for wine!!!!!!:cry:

Instead I'm going for a good cry in the bath!

Oh no!! Look don't let him get in the way of your dreams - I fell into that trap recently and i saw a 6lb weight gain. No man is worth that.

Hope the bath helped relax u. Tomorrow is a new day lovely :) xxx

I had a jolly good cry (more like wracking sob), had a bath and went to bed early and had a decent sleep.

Today is a new day and new challenges.

I did a sneak peak on the scales this morning (actual weigh in is a Friday) and pretty happy with this weeks loss of 1.5kgs (4.4lbs??) and I put on some work trousers, and had to take them off as they are hanging off my arse!:D

My exhusband is a tosser. And what we are fighting about is what I think is best for our daughter, but his head is buried in the sand. We are disagreeing and I'm frustrated at his lack of commitment to her.

So well done ladies on your 3 day challenge! I bet you'll see a difference on the scales! Do you all weigh in on different days?

Christy, have you kept your fat clothes? I bet you're lookng forward to that party your friend is throwing you for your 41st and 'fat away' !!! more or less 6st is what I want to lose before i can think of throwing a party...

GG, how long have you kept off your weight?

Thanks JussyMC - I never did reach for the wine - he is simply not worth it.

Do you find you are emotionally more sensitive lately - or is it just me?

Well done jilly on your success so far. Keep going! I've been at target for 6 months now but it's not easy to maintain in the face of adversity ( also known as 'cake' )

Here's to day 3! Signing in for it. And yes we can then talk about our next mini challenge tonight when we've got through today. A full 7 days sounds good to me!

Well here is me checking into day 3 - it's payday and I normally treat myself to a latte when I get to the train station but i decided its treats that have stalled my progress so no treats for me!! Ha!! Feeling rather pleased with myself I have to say :)

Jilly - men are so bloody frustrating at times. At least you were able to get the emotion out and avoid hitting the wine. It's so bloody hard at times but it's vital we look at the bigger picture and not let these set backs stand in our mission :) These times are not going to go away so i guess we need to find new coping mechanisms and not see booze or food as the answer.

GG - I'm totally focused, hoping u have a great day 3 and we manage to crack the habit we've got into of slipping up. I have a feeling all will be well.

Pretty chuffed that the scales were saying 14st11 this morning! They were 15st1 at the weekend so that's 4lbs off and still 2 days to go before official weigh in....so hope I can get to my pre-slip up weight of 14st8 - I will only be 3lbs off losing 6 stone then :D

HERE'S TO SUCCESS EVERYONE!!! xxx

Ladies you are ping fab!

Alas I did not make it! Today would have been day 5 for me but I blew it yesterday. Totm arrived this morning so feel more human and I simply caved in to the hormones of wanting to eat food. Angry with myself as my hardwork of getting into ketosis is undone.

I am where I am so today's plan is to burn off the glycogen on my PT session and get day 1 completed again. I'm not giving up I'm not disappearing from here!

Kira, it was a slip up - just work extra hard now at staying on track.

Christy, well done on turning down that latte - it feels flippen amazing when you can do that! And well done on what the scales say.... sticking 100% to the diet does have its benefits! Big up to you!

Yes, I need another coping mechanism as food has been my comfort when life throws that curveball. Water just doesnt cut it - does it? LOL!

I'm interested in how TTOM affects weight(loss). Specifically, is it the week LEADING up to it, or is it the week OF it that you are meant to weigh more? It was TTOM in my second week. So if I hadnt started the diet when I did, and waited a week, would my loss have been more significant?

GG, is cake your downfall? For me, its sugar (puddings, ice cream, sweets, biscuits).... I still have all this in the house for the kids, every now and then I find myself wanting to (but stop myself) from licking the spoon!!!:eek:

Back