I'm back and trying something slightly different :-D

Lisamac30

Hi there!

I haven't been on here for a while, and with one thing and another 14lb seems to have crept back up on me!! :sign0007:
I lost 3 stone before by healthy eating and exercise, but I have let things slip over the last few months and here we are...but I will not let the demons take over again, and im ready to finish my journey!! :bunnydance:

After a bit more research with regards to weight loss and Diabetes, it became very obvious that I should be following a Low GI diet. So a little more informed, and with cook books ordered, Im ready to rock and roll! :p

Looking forward to sharing info, advice, and support, and would be interested in hearing from any other Diabetics on Low GI... :D

:thankyou: for reading...

Well done on getting back on track. Whilst I am not diabetic, a friend of mine was borderline type two and went on GL per her docs suggestion. She now has fab blood results and lost 24lbs as well. This influenced me to follow GL after using tfr for six months. I have since lost another 32 lbs and swear by GL as a way of life.
There is not much activity on this forum but keep posting as it might encourage others to join in.
lots of luck on your journey to a healthier and lighter lisamac.

My Low Gi Diary..Food, exercise, and recipes

Hi Guys,
Hope you are well today?!
Well i'm on my 2nd Low Gi day, so I thought i'd start a diary...as im new to Gi, any advice/info will be greatly recieved anytime.

I did approx 45 mins exercise vid this morning wearing my sauna suit, and tried a couple of recipes out which I have to say i'm surprised how yummy they are...(having trouble pasting them on at the mo but will keep trying)

3 large carrots (approx 10oz/300g)2 tablespoons/30g butter½ cup/45g pearl barleysalt and peppera sprig of thyme2½ cups/600ml vegetable stock2 sticks of celery
Yesterday
B - Musili & skimmed milk
L - Musili & skimmed milk (didn't have much in! lol)
D - Smoked mackrel, sweet pot, peas, tinned tom/fruit & jelly pot
Drinks - water & sparkling flavoured water

Today
B - 2 weetabix/tiny bit of musili & skimmed milk
L - Homemade carrot & barley soup & small wholemeal roll
D - will be having Lemon & Parsley chicken/salad & Homemade banana & nut cookie
S - Few cashew nuts
Drinks - water & sparkling flavoured water

3 large carrots (approx 10oz/300g)2 tablespoons/30g butter½ cup/45g pearl barleysalt and peppera sprig of thyme2½ cups/600ml vegetable stock2 sticks of celery
Thanks for reading...:wavey:

Back