Im back for good! 2012 is my year to taste success-& it tastes like a cambridge shake

Thanks girlies,

Yeah def, Ali, gotta confront the reasons why i over-eat! don't think there's any deep-rooted reason to understand now, i just love food!! lol!

THINK there was in the past, it was just how i dealt with every emotion - i've always LOVED food, even when i was thinner, and i used to comfort eat when i was sad to cheer me up, if i had something to celebrate i'd think "let's go for a meal", if I was bored I'd eat and if i was just happy i'd eat! Then my best friend died suddenly at just 21, and it was totally unexpected, I was in uni and trying to cope with everything, and I coped by eating! Her mum lost loades of weight through the grief and shock and I just went the opposite way and piled it on!

I understand this and try not to do that now....but I think its just become a habit, (to eat!) and one that's not so easy to break! But I'm getting there!

When I think of the cals I must've been consuming before and they must've been around the 2400-3000 range daily without even thinking of what fat was in what i was eating, I realise how far I've come in just 3 weeks.... In the last 3 weeks, I haven't put anything in my mouth without either working out whats in it, checking the pack etc... and I never go over 2000cals a day even if i'm having a "bad" day... so i'm feeling optimistic!

I didn't want a "quick fix" this time so that meant I'd pile the weight bk on as soon as I stopped, I wanted to set up healthy eating patterns for life, which I think I'm doing this time! I know that WHEN (not IF!) I get to my goal weight, I'm alwaysd gonna have to watch what I eat and loosely count cals, and I don't mind!

Before it would really fill me with fear at the thought of "dieting" for ever....but that's why this isn't a "quick fix diet" it's a lifestyle change and one I'm looking forward to living!

I'm drinking more water (no fizzy drinks, milkshakes etc....), I'm using skimmed milk, taking vitamins, eating more fruit and veg, not eating fat.... not eating so many processed foods, not eating sweets, I've cut down on takeaways and eating out and when I DO eat out I'm making healthier choices! I'm looking after myself for once and I feel great for it!

I know I've got a problem with the "protein" side of things, but I don't really like meat!

I like chicken, turkey and tuna and that's it! No other seafood, fish or meat! And I've been avoiding the tuna as even the one in springwater gives me the dreaded oil! lol!

And I was thinking of just introducing fish into my diet and holding my nose whilst I ate it! But I really wanna ENJOY my "diet" and not do this.....any suggestions for protein?? How do veggies get their's??

I just gotta increase on the exercise front and then I'll be feeling FAB! I've got Curves tonight and I can't wait! I love that I'm looking forward to exercise!

I've found out that I can actually go to Curves "free" more than the 3 times a week! I just have to "cheat" and use my visitors pass at different Curves and not go to the same one...so I've found 2 more fairly close to me and I've wrote myself an exercise plan for the next 3 weeks and I'm gonna tick it off as I do it!

If I stick to it 100% I'm going to put £100 away for new clothes! If I stick to it 50% I'm going to put £50 away.....and so on!

I haven't given myself TOO much so as to not set myself fail, just enough to make sure I do SOMETHING every day! So here's my plan for the next 3 weeks, starting today:

Thursday 20/08/2009:
2 mile walk and 30 mins Curves workout, sit ups and stretches.

Friday 21/08/09:
2 mile walk with the pram to the shops and back

Saturday 22/08/2009:
Curves 30 mins workout, sit ups and stretches
(and will be out and about walking with OH and babba)

Sunday 23/08/09:
Go for a long walk down the beach and over the sand dunes

Monday 24/08/09:
Go for a walk
(Am busy this day with various appointments, AB has hosp appointments about her food allergies.....so haven't planned much in)

Tuesday 25/08/09:
2 mile walk
30 mins Curves workout, sit ups and stretches

Wednesday 26/08/09:
2 mile walk

Thursday 27/08/09:
2 mile walk

Friday 28/08/09:
2 mile walk

Saturday 29/08/09:
Fitness and Spa day with OH:
*Spend at least 45 mins in the gym, (cross trainer, treadmill, bike, rowing machine, weights)
*Followed by at least 20 mins swimming.
Then sauna, jacuzzi and spa!

Sunday 30/08/09:
Leisure Centre day with OH planned (Babba away with grandparents for the bank hol weekend!)
*At least 45mins in the gym again (same apparatus)
*At least 20mins swimming lengths
*Followed by sauna

Monday 31/08/09:
Weigh day first thing!! How much have I lost in a month??!!
*Exercise - just getting out and about with OH

Tues 01/09/2009:
2 mile walk to shops with pram

Wed 02/09/09:
Go to gym with friend in morning, do at least 45mins, (cross trainer, rowing machine, treadmill, bike and weights)

Curves 30mins workout in the evening, sit ups and stretches.

Thursday 3/09/09:
2 mile walk to shops with pram

Friday 4/09/09:
Go away for the weekend, so will spend most of day travelling.

Saturday 5/09/09:Away @ sports & leisure complex:
Get up early and go to the gym - at least 45mins
Spend rest of day out and about walking lots

Sunday 6/09/09:

Monday 07/09/09:

Tuesday 08/09/09:
Back to work in the day, so will be on my feet all day
Curves 30min workout in the evening, sit ups and stretches

Wednesday 09/09/09:

Thursday 10/09/09:

Phew...! So that's all the exercise I've planned for the next 3 weeks, I'll mark it off as I've done it and then add in anything extra I do.

Feel better now I've made a structured plan! Not sure if this is enough for maximum effects, but it's better than what I currently do! So surely ANY exercise is a step in the right direction!

Christmas is my "short-term" goal and I really hope to be able to mark off all my targets I've set in my signature so far by Christmas! My brother and his family are coming over from Sweden for Christmas and I really want them to notice a change in me, as any compliments I get off them re. weight loss will be more valid as I don't see them every day so they should notice a big change!

Food-wise today I've had:
*A SF bar for brekkie
*A mullerlite yogurt
*A cup of green tea

and lots of water!

I don't know what I'll be having for lunch, but I have chicken stir fry and noodles planned for tea! yummy!

Well, I've written an essay now! So gonna nose at some other pages!

Spk soon, xxxx

Just had my dinner! It was yummy! I had:

2 wholemeal pitta (small ones) - 222cals //0.8 g fat
Filled with lean ham: 3 slices @ 54cals //1.2g fat
And beetroot, branston pickle, pickled onions, lettuce and red cabbage - approx 100cals //0.5g fat

Total in dinner:376 cals // 2.5g fat!! yay!

So, so far today I've had 681 cals.

I'm going to Curves (weight resistance training) tonight, so I'm gonna have a bowl of cereal and a piece of fruit around 4pm (I go at 5.45pm) and then have tea when I get back.

That should take my cals for today to around 1300 cals then! So a good day, especially with doing exercise too!

I'm going to bath Bella soon so her daddy doesnt have to when he has her for me to go to Curves!

I'm exhausted just reading your post lol :D
Chicken and turkey are fab sources of protein hun, I eat them alot, very rarely have beef or pork. I do love seafood though, especially things like smoked haddock, prawns, mussels, cod...oh I could go on and on and on lol. I'm surprised you got a side effect from the tuna in spring water though as its less than 1% fat :confused: One of my fave lunchtime sandwich fillers is tuna ( in spring water) mixed with 0% fat Greek Yoghurt...tastes just like tuna mayo :D
x

i absolutly love quorn sausages and fillets! i have a recipe for sausage casserole - minimal effort, and i have 'sausage sandwiches' all the time! Instead of butter i spead ketchup on the bread, less cals and fat!

The fillets r nice with veggies or salad and a pitta bread. i did try the pices and added them to stir fry instead of chicken but i diddnt like the taste, they had a bit f a herby taste

u r doing fab hun im soooo excited for 31st eeeek!!!

luv kate

Hey girlies, thankyou! Ali, i'll give the tuna in spring water another try and see.... but def had orange oil last time! lol! i had it with a jacket potato ??? and i eat jackets all the time and no oil, so i just put it down to the tuna?? as i know its a naturally oily fish.

Yeah I wish I liked seafood, OH eats tonnes of it, but i just cant stomach the taste or the texture - yuk!

What do you think of the exercise regime Ali? If I stick to what I've planned and eat 1200-1500 cals a day, upping the protein, do you think I'll have success??

Katie, yeah i'm not fussy on quorn, but i've only tried the quorn stir fry pieces, so i might pick up some of the other stuff when we pop to tesco tonight - the sausages sound looooovely!

Just got bk from Curves, had to go on my own in the end, the traffic was SO bad, and my friend was going out, so she dropped me off and OH picked me up! LOVED LOVED LOVED it again! going again on Sat morning now!

I haven't had tea yet, meant to be having stir fry, but dont really fancy that! gonna see what i feel like after we've been to Tesco!

I'm excited for the 31st too! but bit nervous, coz if I havent lost alot I'm gonna be gutted, coz it IS a month's worth of eating healthy and xenical....

I'll let you in on a little secret, I weighed on my (dodgy) digital home scales this morning, I was 18stone 6lbs when I first started Xenical, going by my home scales, and today I weighed..................................

17 stone 8lbs today! so a total of 12lbs lost.....which was what I set myself to lose this month! but that was on my dodgy scales....so i'm not gonna go by those, I'm gonna wait until the 31st!

Fingers crossed it'll be the same or more! lol!

So I've got 10 days to lose some more!

xxxx

p.s hopefully i'll sweat some weight off in the sauna on bank hol weekend!!

wooooop well done!! i mean:whoopass: naughty naughty!! hehe! i just cant resist jumping on lol!that is pretty impressive hun!! Im soooo pleased for ya!!

well i went to gym and was gunna go swimming but i am sooooo tired i decided to give it a miss! im gunna blagg OH to get ab king outta garage for me... he'll probably have a tantrum but i dont care lol

glad u enjoyed curves!

what u have for tea then chuck? i just had a stir fry! I fell asleep with bambinos and so it felt like id just woke up and tucked into pie and chips! i just shovelled it down. i just hope im not hungry later!!

speak soon luv katie
xxx

Well I went to Tesco and bought lots of different chicken bits! To get my protein in, in the next few days, also bought tuna in spring water, turkey breast pieces and lots of Quorn! And lots of mullerlite yogurts (the layered ones this time!), fruit (to make my smoothies) and salad.

I quite fancied what you had earlier for my tea (quorn sausages, WW petit pains and tomato sauce!) so i picked all that up - OH is cooking it now, so we're having tea late AGAIN! not good!

xxxx

its lush!!! i got my petit pans from poundland!! bargain

i always eat late, i know its bad but its soooo hard when u gotta work and run a house squeeze the shopping in and put babies to bed!

try this it is devine hun

A colmans sausage casserole mix made up
4 quorn sausages
50g mushrooms
1 onion
200g baked beans

Chuck it all in a casserole dish and cover, cook for 1hour!!

Serves 2, 264 cals each, 5.4g fat each serving

its soooo quick and easy and tasty! My fella is sick of it cos i eat it that much hehehe i usually throw it all in and go swimming when im back oh has mashed the spuds and i chuck it on a plate bish bash bosh lol ooooh and also i put carrots and chopped baby corns in yesterday to fill it out woth a bit of veg

how was the 'sausage sandwich'?

xxx

Last edited:
Hi gals

Have either of you tried the thai fish cakes from tesco, i think they are bout 2-3 grams of fat and under the 5/100 rule, they have so much flavour and are totally gorgeous so I had 2!

jULIE X

Morning girles,

Oooh the casserole sounds yummy, I'll have to try it! Not much of a cook myself, OH does all the cooking our house-he's fab! But, if it's bunging it all in the oven I could prob just about manage that! lol!

My sausage sarnie was yuuuummy!! SO nice I was contemplating on having one for brekkie! What a fab start to the day! lol!

Julie, I haven't tried the Tesco fishcakes, I don't like fish! (only tuna) :(. I wish I did as it's SOOOO good for you, and meant to speed up the metabolism and aid slimming, but I just can't stomach the smell, taste or texture! Lol!

Anyone else freezing today?? :gen125:It's SOOOO cold where I am and peeing down with rain! Not good!

I've just finished feeding Annabelle brekkie and I'm gonna go and have mine soon.....cereal or quorn sausage baguette?? I'm thinking the quorn baguette will keep me fuller for longer and stop me snacking??

I haven't got any exercise planned today, so feeling really lazy! I'll most prob be stuck on the sofa all day til OH gets home :mad: It's peeing down with rain and my parents have gone away camping again, OH is in work, so havent got anyone to have AB for me to walk to the shops and dont really wanna take her out in this........might put MTV on and dance around the living room! (better close the curtains first! lol!)

I'll go on the treadmill and the cross trainer for half hour when OH gets home to watch Annabelle (even she gets bored watching me on it! LOL!) to make up for not being able to go out and about to the shops today coz of the weather!

My pedometer came in the post this morning, so I'm gonna get it all set up and ready tonight (it's quite techy for a pedometer!) and then start it in the morning, i'm going to Curves tomorrow and then if the weather's nicer, out and about with AB and OH, so hopefully I'll do a few steps.

This horrible weather's not good for my diet&exercise! It makes me want to snuggle down under the duvet and just sleep, get up and eat and then snuggle bk down and sleep again! Not good!

Right, I'm going to have my green tea and decide what to have for brekkie before its dinner time! lol!

xxxx

yummmm sausage sandwich!!...oooooh i want one now!!

im sure u will be fine just going on the treadmill!!

hope u have a good day

luve katie

ps its just a quickie as off to town shopping wooooooooop

I went for the "sausage" baguettes after - they were yummy and really filling......but they didn't keep me fuller for longer! It's as if, whenever I have a big brekkie, I'm STARVING all day! I know it's a good sign, as it means my big brekkie has kick-started my metabolism, but it's not good if it means i'm gonna eat more! lol!

So far today I've had:
Brekkie: 2 petit pains with 2 quorn sausages and tomato ketchup
A Mullerlite layered yogurt

Lunch: A BIG bowl of rice crispies cereal with skimmed milk and a WW toffee crisp choc bar

So far 749 cals.

Not planning on having anything else til tea....I'm having a chicken shish kebab, pitta bread and salad for tea! yummmmy! my new fave meal! and poss another yogurt for dessert, so that'll be a total of 1379 cals for today! yummmmy!

I've decided to plan my food for the weekend so i'm not tempted to just eat eat eat like i normally am on the weekend!

So tomorrow (Saturday) I'm planning on having:

*A raspberry, blueberry, apple, orange and banana smoothie with a mullerlite yogurt for brekkie before I go to Curves.

*A "brunch" break of 2 pieces of toast and half a tin of tuna in spring water for after the gym.

*Dinner - a big bowl of salad (lettuce, beetroot, sweetcorn, onions and tomatoes) followed by jacket potato, peas and chicken breast.

*Tea - the other half of the tin of tuna in spring water mixed in with pasta, a little salad cream and lots of lettuce leaves, tomatoes and onions.

1400 cals for Saturday! And LOTS of food! so yummy!

Sunday:
Brekkie: Smoothie and yogurt again
Dinner: (we'll be having an early lunch around 12.30pm) - Turkey dinner, with cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, swede, a few roasties, a small yorkshire pudding and a stuffing ball. One ladle of gravy.
Tea: Chicken stir fry and noodles

So a yummmmmmmmmy weekend!! lol! gonna add fruit if i'm still hungry, but that seems like ALOT of food! So I should be OK!

I'm SO bored today, the weather is horrible by me, all my mates are in work, so is OH til 5pm and AB is so grizzly today-she's teething and is just being really grizzly, dribbly and bad-tempered! nothing will console her either....tried cwches (that's cuddles/hugs to non-welsh people! lol!)......... playing with her........putting her in her bumbo-chair......milk.........putting her telly on............giving her..........toys to play with........giving her my keys to play with.......nothing's working! I've given her calpol and Aston Parsons teething powder in case she's sore, but she's still grizzly and bad tempered! Can't wait til her daddy gets home!

I'm watching "My Friends Tigger and Pooh" on playhouse Disney! and clock watching til OH gets in!

Hope everyone else is having a more eventful/exciting day than me!

xxxx

Having a bad Friday :mad:, there's not gonna be any Spa day next weekend or Isle of Wight Bank Hol Weekend :mad:, OH had to pay £500 out on his work's van today so that's the £ we had saved for our pamper weekends has gone! Gutted!

Also, OH came home early in a foul mood and we've argued for the last hour so not only is our future 2 planned weekends ruined, so it this one now where he's being such a bleep! It's as if its MY fault his bloody van broke! Now he's making me feel guilty because I'm not working at the moment where its the summer and i'm off with AB! SO unfair......i can't be home with AB AND in work, he thinks I'm houdini! oooooooh why are men so f***ing annoying!

Rant over! lol xx

Oh hun, i can understand your disappointment, but try not to argue with your OH as you have both had a bad day and neither of you wanted it to happen. Its just life, sh!t happens chick. (and thats coming from me the man hater, so go and give him a cuddle...........!):love:

Aw hun you're SO SO lovely! I will do just that, because you asked! Sending you love and hugs xxxx

Tea: Chicken stir fry and noodles [/QUOTE said:
Hey hun which noodles do u have with ur stir fry? Infact which stirfry do u use? i get the mushroom one from tescos and chuck chicken breast in it (cooked) ive never put noodles in it before so would like to get some..

Do u cook them sepratly?

Hey hun which noodles do u have with ur stir fry? Infact which stirfry do u use? i get the mushroom one from tescos and chuck chicken breast in it (cooked) ive never put noodles in it before so would like to get some..

Do u cook them sepratly?
:hijack:

sona i get amoy straight to wok! soooo easy to open pack and throw in! also they are the lowest cals! i dont have any left and ive looked on asda website but they are not on! i think they are roughly 150 cals but dont quote me on it!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Having a bad Friday :mad:, there's not gonna be any Spa day next weekend or Isle of Wight Bank Hol Weekend :mad:, OH had to pay £500 out on his work's van today so that's the £ we had saved for our pamper weekends has gone! Gutted!

Also, OH came home early in a foul mood and we've argued for the last hour so not only is our future 2 planned weekends ruined, so it this one now where he's being such a bleep! It's as if its MY fault his bloody van broke! Now he's making me feel guilty because I'm not working at the moment where its the summer and i'm off with AB! SO unfair......i can't be home with AB AND in work, he thinks I'm houdini! oooooooh why are men so f***ing annoying!

Rant over! lol xx

if u wanna rant hun rant away~!

ooooh noooo im so sorry ur weekend has been cancelled!! u guys were so looking forwards to it!!

oooh give him a beer and he'll be r8!! if that faiuls KICK HIM UP THE ARSE!!!

LOL

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi everyone
I've just read all of yummy mummy's diary and think your blooming marvelous!and can't wait to see what you have lost on 31st! I hope you guys don't mind me tagging along on your blog/diary. I am going to be starting orlistat on monday i have been doing ww since jan and only lost 2 stone!!!!(not been doing it everyday obviously!lol) but decided that enough is enough i have a whole person's worth to loose and it starts NOW(well monday lol), i have a lovely lovely 3 yr old daughter and don't want her to go on same journey as me (emmotional eating i think!) so it's time to set a good example and not embarrass her at the school gates so that gives me one year!!!!!!
sorry for the rant!!!
The reason for delay in starting orlistat is i have had three birthdays and three meals this week and one more 2moro which i should be making cornflake cakes for right now but found this site and haven't moved!!!!!
Anyway hope to speak soon x

Back