I'm crazy to be disappointed right?

carrot_tit

Gold Member
Okay here goes for the long rambling email.....

I have now been on S&S 8 weeks and since i didn't have a massive amount of weigh to lose i didn't expect losses like people have when they have 5 or 6 stone to lose. But i still expected to lose more than i have. I was hoping to hit my target by Sunday 23rd Sept in order to have completed the refeed programme quite a few weeks before i go on my holidays but since my losses have slowed down so much there is no way i will hit my target in the next two weeks. For the first 7 weeks i did 3 packs a day plus protein, drank at least 3.5 to 4litres of water (not including what i put in my shakes) and had 2-3 cups of black coffee a day as well. For week 8 i decided to try something a little different. I only did 2 days where i ate 3 packs & protein the rest of my days were 4 packs, i maintained my water intake and swapped black coffee for green tea and this week i've actually had my worst weight loss of all! Oh and since week 4 i've also done 1hours exercise 6 days a week.

Now don't get me wrong i've lost 1st 9lbs in 8 weeks and i'm really chuffed with that and if i don't hit my target i could continue with the diet for a further week or so but the problem is i've tried all the flavours and i actually only like 2 so i'm surviving on Chocolate & Strawberry Shakes and feel i've gone on as long as i can. I'm quite bored! The meals, bars and soups give me heartburn for some reason and i just don't like the other shakes.

Any hints, tips... Can someone spot if i'm doing something wrong? I don't feel like i am, i've never cheated...

Anyway thanks for listening to my ramblings!

Okay here goes for the long rambling email.....

I have now been on S&S 8 weeks and since i didn't have a massive amount of weigh to lose i didn't expect losses like people have when they have 5 or 6 stone to lose. But i still expected to lose more than i have. I was hoping to hit my target by Sunday 23rd Sept in order to have completed the refeed programme quite a few weeks before i go on my holidays but since my losses have slowed down so much there is no way i will hit my target in the next two weeks. For the first 7 weeks i did 3 packs a day plus protein, drank at least 3.5 to 4litres of water (not including what i put in my shakes) and had 2-3 cups of black coffee a day as well. For week 8 i decided to try something a little different. I only did 2 days where i ate 3 packs & protein the rest of my days were 4 packs, i maintained my water intake and swapped black coffee for green tea and this week i've actually had my worst weight loss of all! Oh and since week 4 i've also done 1hours exercise 6 days a week.

Now don't get me wrong i've lost 1st 9lbs in 8 weeks and i'm really chuffed with that and if i don't hit my target i could continue with the diet for a further week or so but the problem is i've tried all the flavours and i actually only like 2 so i'm surviving on Chocolate & Strawberry Shakes and feel i've gone on as long as i can. I'm quite bored! The meals, bars and soups give me heartburn for some reason and i just don't like the other shakes.

Any hints, tips... Can someone spot if i'm doing something wrong? I don't feel like i am, i've never cheated...

Anyway thanks for listening to my ramblings!

Hi Sarah, this is almost exactly what i wrote in my thread "23lbs in 8 weeks, lol"!!. That is exactly what i have lost , 1st9lbs in 8 weeks. It looks as though this week, i have only lost 1 pound also (weigh in tommorrow). I was hoping to be down to 10st7lbs at this stage but we have to remember, it is going in the right direction. Ive had two weeks of staying the same weight also!!

While it is majorly frustrating, i really don't think that there is anything we can do that will make any difference. Our bodies are trying to hold on to our weight at this stage so I may have to be happy with 1 or 2lbs a week. However , with that kind of weight loss, after this months packs are finished, it may be better and cheaper for me to just do atkins or low carb and still lose the last few stone slowly.

I also never exercise as i completely hate it and have a phobia about it, lol. I do have four kids though and am constantly on the go and I will not be bringing my car to Northern Ireland when I start Nursing degree this week so will have to walk everywhere and Londonderry is so full of hills.(Its going to kill me) but I hope I can keep the weightloss going when im up there!!

Are you finishing slim and save also?. Big well done on your weightloss. It is a fantastic acheivement at the end of the day!!

You've done fantastic hun

Everyone looses at different rates, yours is around average

Exercise notoriously slows losses down on vlcd. So don't worry, you'll be seeing other changes inches etc

Keep up the good work x

Really? Exercise slows down weight loss on VLCD? How is that possible? Don't get me wrong i'm not break any records when i exercise. I'm just doing an hours walk on the treadmill. The only strenuous exercise i do is on a Tues and Thurs when i'm race walking, i just don't want to end up any more wobbly than i am! I guess if i had more variety the thought of having to remain on the diet a bit longer wouldn't bother me but if me only liking chocolate and strawberry its starting to get a bit much.

Hey Binge Eater, me and you are almost weight loss twins :) At the moment i feel like in 2 weeks time i will refeed and try something else (possibly JUDD) but then i said i would do that if ever lost less than 2lbs! I like the consistency of the weight loss and i am chuffed to bits with it even if i sound like i'm not. I dunno i just so wanted to hit that target before the thought of strawberry and chocolate reduced me to a crying dribbling mess!

Water retention in the muscles and the calorie deficit I think can stall you

I train heavily most weekdays and workout at home before work, it dosent bother me loosing more slowly as I enjoy exercise

I know a lot of the ladies who have lost huge amounts on plan did no exercise and are now exercising during refeed

Really depends what's most important for you. I'd rather go slower and enjoy my usual workouts :)

Hey Binge Eater, me and you are almost weight loss twins :) At the moment i feel like in 2 weeks time i will refeed and try something else (possibly JUDD) but then i said i would do that if ever lost less than 2lbs! I like the consistency of the weight loss and i am chuffed to bits with it even if i sound like i'm not. I dunno i just so wanted to hit that target before the thought of strawberry and chocolate reduced me to a crying dribbling mess!

Me too!!. I just wanted to get below 11stone. What is Judd or how does that work as I know in a few weeks time, i will not be able to fork out 130euro for months supply of sns so with these losses, am ready to move on to something low carb.

I am also secretly petrified of looking old if i lose too quick. When I did Lipotrim in 2008, my husband was really begging me to stop towards the end to stop as he said that the quick and drastic weightloss had put five years on my face (almost 4 stone) and i looked sick so i am also wary of that now and at 36 years of age, i really don't want to look like the Mother of the younger student nurses that I go to Uni with even if I am old enough to be their Mother, lol.

Water retention in the muscles and the calorie deficit I think can stall you

I train heavily most weekdays and workout at home before work, it dosent bother me loosing more slowly as I enjoy exercise

I know a lot of the ladies who have lost huge amounts on plan did no exercise and are now exercising during refeed

Really depends what's most important for you. I'd rather go slower and enjoy my usual workouts :)

Thanks RebekahR My race walking is very important to me as i've only just started the beginners programme and really want to succeed but it is only twice a week, perhaps i should cut out the rest of the exercise and see what happens next week. I mean i love walking but was pushing myself in the hope of seeing bigger losses each week. i'd no idea it could potentially inhibit my weight loss. I may try that and see how i get on.

Me too!!. I just wanted to get below 11stone. What is Judd or how does that work as I know in a few weeks time, i will not be able to fork out 130euro for months supply of sns so with these losses, am ready to move on to something low carb.

I am also secretly petrified of looking old if i lose too quick. When I did Lipotrim in 2008, my husband was really begging me to stop towards the end to stop as he said that the quick and drastic weightloss had put five years on my face (almost 4 stone) and i looked sick so i am also wary of that now and at 36 years of age, i really don't want to look like the Mother of the younger student nurses that I go to Uni with even if I am old enough to be their Mother, lol.

Wow you managed Lipotrim. I only managed a day on that! I did lose weight very successfully on LL a few years ago and i do love vlcd but the lack of options is killing me. There is a forum on here that tells you all about JUDD (Johnson Up Day Down Day Diet) basically you do alternate days of dieting. So one day you would have very few cals between 400 & 600 depending on what you want to achieve and the next day you eat what you want as long as you don't go nuts but you don't have to count anything or restrict yourself. I'm not sure i will do every other day but might do 2 at week and see how i go....

Good luck with the rate of weight loss. It does sound strange but the guys are right when they say that it slows weight loss - but it sets you up well for maintenance and that's important. I didn't exrercise during the diet but since reaching goal I am working out like a fiend and have put on at least half a stone of muscle. I don't care about that - it's my size that matters at this point not my weight - but it does show one of the reasons why you may appear to be losing more slowly. Are you measuring? Often with exercise the weigh loss may be slower but the inch loss is great.

I've lost 2.5lbs this week. I have 1 more week on the diet so won't hit my target weight (I'm not likely to lose 5.5lbs next weeks!) but i am hoping i will lose a little on the refeed. I am measuring myself and i'm not too bothered about weight as long as i can get back into my old clothes but at the moment i can't. Hopefully i will tone up a little during refeed and once i come back from my holidays i can concentrate on losing the rest.

Back