Im going to lose 10 stone

yes keep a diary of all foods you eat you can use this to refer to when you have good or bad week. keep up good work.

10lbs in 2 weeks is great! Very well done to you. You're off to a brilliant start, I agree thinking about all the positives that will come out of losing weight is the biggest motivation :) Best of luck for the week ahead.

Heya, looks like you're doing great man, fab losses!
Hope that the house hunting goes well :)

Hey Neon shock thanks for your comments :) will certainly be following your progress! Definately agree about insightful podcasts, it's interesting speaking from my own experience how positive things have a knock on effect. For instance slimming means I have to cut back my alcohol (and as I said in my first post I think, I'm a bit of a binge drinker... so if I can't drink to excess I don't really enjoy drinking) so as a result I've completely cut alcohol out of my life. It was my birthday yesterday and I didn't drink on my birthday, went out for a meal today didn't drink, i'm getting used to it. It means your heads always clear and there is more time for positive things, like learning about eastern spirituality or whatever I fancy learning about. It's so empowering to know your doing the right things with your time and finally making the right choices with your life.

Thanks lindsey for your good idea about keeping a diary I think I should start that. Thanks willow and beasty and pink - your comments are really nice, thank you all :) for such nice words!

Today I went out with my family and just ate what I fancied its the first *day off* i've had in 3 weeks, and I"m pleased with how it went I had the main meal and dessert but stuck to diet drinks (no alcohol!). On my birthday the other day I just had a small slice of birthday cake, everything else was my normal slimming food so I'm really pleased with how the potentially tricky weekend could have gone :)

I know if I had "a few" drinks when I was out for meal it could have easily led to more and the wheels could have fell off so pleased they didn't.

I had a fantastic day on my birthday, family were really nice and I got nice presents and some quality time with them which is great.

Next update will be on Wednesday after the weigh in - If I've lost 2ibs after my day off today, I'll be really pleased - but I'll have to wait and see.

One thing that's dawing on me is how long this is going to take. Ten stone isn't going to happen overnight, I want it so badly but my impatience wont help so i'll just have to get used to the long haul!

Thanks for the reminder about my current loss, just the support I needed as I was starting to dwell on how long this is going to take haha! =)

Gluck everyone - until next week, have a good time!

Hey ImLosingWeight, that is amazing you didn't have 1 drop on your birthday, well done :)

I can completely relate as to how the long haul can make you feel down, with that said if you try to set yourself mini challenges, for example to lose 20 lbs by Christmas, it makes it seem shorter as you're constantly trying to reach your mini goal set then once you do reach it, it is a great feeling - and afterwards you set a new one ;)

I'm currently 1 pound off from losing a total of 12 stones so far, thinking back to when I first started really doesn't seem that long ago (February 2009). For me a couple of years of hard work and adjusting my lifestyle for a lifetime of happiness makes it all worth it :)

Positive thinking goes a long way! :)

I wish you the best of luck for your next weigh in! :D

Hi Imlosingweight, I have a feeling we're quite similar :). I started this a few months ago and was about 20/20.5 stone, mainly down to alcohol and foods like pasta, which seems to have been what you think did the damage with you.

You've done a really good job so far, a great loss for two weeks, and I don't doubt that it'll continue.

Also good job on cutting down the drinking, over a birthday its a really hard one.

Best of luck and if you don't mind i'll be following how you do (for tips for myself!).

Hey thanks for the comments. Sure don't mind you following Buzz! Beasty incredible weight loss, nice motivation for us just starting out :) Thanks everyone else for their comments and stopping by :D So... it's been ok this week all things considered...

Confession...
After being sooo good on my birthday and when I went out for a meal :553:, I decided to have some drinks Monday night. :beer8: I drank 5 double shorts from 4pm-11pm (had some on way in and some when I went out with a friend) and a glass of wine.

I also had burger and chips that evening after consuming that alcohol my resolve wasn't what it should be!

OK confession over :rolleyes:

I've lost 2ibs this week - was good for five days and not so good for 2 days. I'm really pleased with my 2ib loss.

I've got todays receipt by my side and the receipt from the weighing machine when i started 3 weeks ago they read

08/09/2010 - 21st 13ib
29/09/2010 - 21st 1ib

That's a really motivating sight. I have a few things coming up this week so it will probabally be a less than perfect week again, but I'm going to try to be perfect for at least five days. After this weeks out of the way I want to try to be have a 7day good week.

So lost 2ib this week, 12ib in total. Plan for next week is to lose 2ib, then get back on plan 100% :) Off to eat my diet meal and newly purchased diet pepsi - i've missed fizzy drinks so brought some diet pepsi on the way in!

Last edited:
Aw, happy belated birthday....I think it's good to let it out on here when you slip up so that you can let it go and move on with the diet...so great you confessed...

AND WELL done for losing 2ib and girl your doing so well...12ib wow...Keep it up. :)

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Thanks for the comments, and especially hopes comment that called me a girl :girlpower: hehe made me laugh (I'm a guy) :roofles: but ty for your kind words!! :)

PARTY NIGHTS....
:party0023:
I missed a week of updating, it's been an up and down journey so far but I'm getting there. Went out when I got paid with people from work - drank way too much, but had a very good night. Since then I've been trying to stick to healthy eating but not as devout as I was :angeldevil:, for example I'll have a healthy lunch and dinner but snack on junk, or just drink full fat coke as it's in the fridge, stupid things like that. So in the back of my mind I've been trying to be good, but I'm aware that I've been slipping a fare bit.

SERIOUS NIGHTS...

:character00115:

Done a lot of thinking about life in general also lately - both, Buddhism emptiness and Eckharte Tolle's (power of now) - kind of philosophies, are really making sense to me at the moment - but it does leave me feeling kind of strange. Eckharte suggests 'no mind' or 'no thinking' that we should just be present - i've been trying it, it's funny how often when you try it, you realise pretty random unhelpful thoughts coming into your mind about some kind of anxiety or past failure. Don't get me wrong, i'm not feeling 'low' - i'm fairly optimistic in general, just kind of feeling 'different' noticing this as I try to spend more time not thinking full stop - and being 'present'... ok enough, crazy rambling - just wanted to give you a quick update on where I'm at with my worldview :D

TODAY AT LUNCHTIME...

:wow:

One thing I did want to share which is kind of connected with the above is that today I bought two sushi lunch boxes from tesco for lunch (1.30 each good value if you ask me!) and 230ish calories each. So 460 calorie lunch sounds good. I had just one of them yesterday and felt a bit hungry after, so thought i'd get two today. I was walking down the road eating one of them (running late as usual!) trying to get back to work, when a homeless person asked me if I had any change, I instantly said - "no sorry" and walked on, it's a kind of conditioned response as I often think alot of homeless people aren't as bad off as they make out (why? i'm not completely sure, I think i heard a story once about someone begging and then getting into a mercedes, he made a living from it or something) - but also I feel if you give money it might not be spent on food but for some addiction... anyway as I was walking on, being *present* - I suddenly got away from my conditioned thinking and thought, how unfair it was that I was walking down the road eating a sushi lunch box with another one ready, when this guy was ragged on the streets begging for money. I turned around and said "if this is any good to you, you can have this?" and offered the second sushi box, he looked genuinely happy and said thanks and I gave it to him. So unplanned I had a slimmer lunch than I had anticpated! But it felt like so much the right thing to do even if I was a little hungry again on the way home.

On the way home today I remembered it, and it made me feel good, good that the homeless person might have genuinely needed some food and now he had some. It made me feel good as well, I felt more connected with humanity, yeah it does sound dramatic, but it amazed me how that small act of compassion had an effect on my sense of happiness on the way home, I'm going to continue to try to be more alive to the world around me, more *present* as I continue on this weight loss journey. It's funny how we can just live so far removed from reality sometimes. How peverse that it shouldn't be a knee jerk reaction to give what you can spare without going hungry yourself to someone in need. These thoughts are occuring to me since I've been practicing 'presence', which I've learnt mostly from Echkarte Tolle's writing and dvd's. OK so it's all sounding great but...

EVER FELT BORED WITH THINGS?

:beam:

One side effect of not thinking so much is that I'm feeling a bit restless... dissatisfied with things - a kind of enui in my life. I have so much I want to change, one small step at a time I guess.

These dissatisfied feelings tell me i'm not half as 'present' as I want to be, because when you're really present - you're completey satisfied with every present moment no matter what it is. But I'm going to keep working on it and hopefully I'll get more and more present with time. :cross:

I'm striving for a state of complete acceptance with every circumstance in my life, and with every person I meet. Contentedness with everything that's what complete presence is meant to bring you so it's a goal worth pursuing - even if it does make me start to feel a bit dissatisfied at the start....

WAIT? WHAT!?

:gen147:

If you've read this far you must be wondering what the hell i'm talking about! Sorry about that! Just wanted to share with you wonderful people the strange phase I'm going through at the moment :p

BACK TO THE DIET PLEASE!

:rolleyes:

The diet... yes sorry almost forgot haha... things are going ok

In the last two weeks I've lost another 2ibs. I'm actually really pleased with that because I've had spates of being really good and really bad, so I am very happy. I've now lost a stone exactly. Fitting that it should be a stone exactly on this weigh in, as it motivates me to continue after the sluggish last couple of weeks.

I want to do more than just lose weight over the coming months though I want to really achieve great things with my life to get to where I want to be.... one step at a time I guess! :)

*Since I found this site, and started my blog, I'm a stone lighter.:happy096:

I remember how happy I was with my first loss and it makes the fact I've now reached a stone all the more enjoyable. When I started this if I could have waved a wand and been a stone lighter I'd have been ecstatic, so I'm not going to lose sight of that just because I now know with perseverance and healthy eating the weight will come off, I need to ensure the fact I know it will come off, doesn't trivialise the feeling when it does, however small (i.e. 2ibs in 2 weeks) - like I said I can't complain! I've been half good half bad the last 2 weeks - so I really am happy.

Good luck everyone keep enjoying life, and may the weight come off with every good eating choice you make :)

Now I've hit one stone goal, my next goal is to hit 19stone 13ibs.

That's a big next milestone for me as I would have dropped below 20stone, and also lost 2 stone exactly. So here's to a decent loss to kick start that, this week

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Last edited:
Hi ImLosingWeight

I really enjoy reading your diary.

You sound like a very together person and congratulations on your weightloss so far.

I think the way you are approaching this weightloss is exactly right - bitesize (sorry) chunks (Sorry again) rather than looking at the full amount.

I have 5 stone to loose and I am doing that working on a pound a week and measuring it in 5 pound goals and if it goes according to plan I will hit my target weight by my birthday in Jan 12 and still enjoy life at the same time.

good luck - you will do it

i must say i have enjoyed and been so interested in your post, you sound like you are getting into the right frame of mind for yourself, you are doing so well, first stone gone!! fantastic, heres to the next one!! keep going!! xxx

The bit about giving money to beggars struck a chord with me. Its a very difficult decision, as there are some people that make a living out of it no doubt, in fact ive joked to my son that he should go borrow a dog on a string and take his guitar busking lol, but it is only a joke. However, the way i look at it is there are more ways to get scammed than giving money to homeless person and most of them are in dire need no doubt, so i have spare money on me i do give. There was one guy i remember in Birmingham, i had just been paid and had got a bonus as well, and this guy came up to me begging so i gave him a £10 note, as that was all i had on me. He was so shocked that he insisted i took it back! He just wanted enough to get to the hostel that night (no idea how much that is). Anyway, i laughed it off and told him to keep it, so he was very happy.

There was another guy i bumped into in Brighton once was also very interesting, I had gone to sit outside to eat my sandwich and have a smoke and he asked me for a cigarette, so i gave him one and we sat there chatting. He looked like he had slept on the streets, so he told me how he had ended up in Brighton begging. Long story short he been married but it all went wrong, had lost his job, tried being in a band for a while but things just got worse for him. He didnt ask me for any money but i could see he was in a dire state, so i gave him some money to buy some food and he was very grateful. He was a very nice guy and ive often wondered what has become of him since. If he spent it on food or drugs it didnt really matter to me, whatever made him happy was fine. You cant do anymore than that really.

Im grateful for the life i have, ive been very fortunate, but you know the saying 'there but for the grace of god go i' and its so true. Sometimes circumstances happen and your happy settled life can be turned round in almost an instant. When i was 16 or17 I went through a bad patch and ended up living on the streets myself. It didnt last long, I was pretty determined to get myself out of the mess, and i got a job and a place to live, but it wasnt easy. I was never into drugs, but as a smoker i do sympathise with those that are.

Last edited:
:gen126: Hey everyone thanks for your great comments.

Emerald it's great your reading my diary and liking it, thanks :) Sounds very sensible your 1ib a week plan, must give you the best of both worlds. I think that's an advantage of doing your own calorie controlled diet, you never really completely come off it - just go over the top. I mean, I tried slimming world before and was fine for 4 months lost alot, but had a bad weekend, then a few bad days and before I knew it had given up! This way even if I have a really bad day / weekend, I can just go back to calorie counting on Monday, whereas before I thought - i've come off the 'green day' cycle or 'red day' and now I've completely messed it up etc - and stayed off the diet.

I've only ever tried to diet once before and it was the slimming world diet, I'm enjoying the freedom of doing things myself and liking the way I still have some flexibility to eat off the plan now and again and still lose like you said. You should start your own diary! Would be good to read your progress!

AssJ - awww ty also for your kind words and for your friend request. I didn't even know the friend facility existed - :boohoo: haha, so you're my first friend! Thanks! :D

Lynn - ha at you telling your son to take up begging as a profession even if joking, I definately hear you, I find myself summing up the genuineness of the person that's asking for money - trying to decide if they are really homeless or not lately. Interesting about those conversations you had also, it's easy to forget there are real people, with human depth, and real lives behind the metaphor of homeless people - you reminded me of that. Also interesting to hear about your days as a teenager, must have given you an insight into things and you're right - I find myself thinking, I could so easily be there but for a different life situation. We never know really what's around the corner, I've had a few humbling experiences myself lately and am definately becoming a bit more rounded in the way I think about things. :)

Thanks again everyone for your comments :)

As I checked in today here is my mini update :) :) :) :) :) :)

Today Tesco have cottoned on to the idea their sushi boxes were a bit of a steal (or perhaps they were just sucking people like me in all along lol) and have put the prices up - capitalism is so annoying! - the ones that were 1.20 and 1.30 have gone up to 2.00 now. However they've introduced even smaller portions (3 very very small sushi rolls and 2 slightly bigger ones for 1.00) If you buy two of these its a fairly nice light lunch and comes in at 165x2 = 330 calories, costs a total of 2.00 and is better value than the 2 single 1.30 boxes they were selling before in my opinion, so I think I've beaten the system! (Hopefully they don't change again anytime soon haha)

I would never have thought I'd eat sushi before, raw fish?! But the tesco boxes say - 'no raw fish' stamped on them lol, so I think they must be some kind of sushi hybrid, they were a great introduction - now I've had a gentle introduction I might even try a real sushi bar some day!

So that was my lunch 2 x snack sushi boxs for a total of 165x2 calories.

On my way home I had some 'fridge raiders' from the Co-Op. They were half price at .70p - I wouldn't buy them at the full price of 1.40 as you only get about six small pieces in there, but for .70p it's a nice snack and 120 calories.

For my main meal I had weight watchers risotto and some weight watchers potato - which came to about 450 calories.

I also had a bananna and an apple tonight so am at about 1000 calories so far.

I've been buoyed up by yesterdays weigh in to be strict with my 1100 calories again - and also by all the great comments - thanks!

I'll probabally have one more snack for 100 calories while I'm watching question time... lol interesting life I'm leading at the moment! - I was planning on having an early night at 8.30pm but checked the computer then got pulled into the site here and it's 10pm! So may as well wait the extra half hour and watch QT now :)

Last edited:
Im glad things are going well for you! I know what you mean about the tesco sushi, I always pop in in the evening and see if I can get them on offer before a night shift, got two medium ones for 45p each the other day!:)

Hello, you seem to be doing really well! Congrats for cracking that first stone ;)
You have a very interesting diary, I've really enjoyed reading it.
Keep up the good work :)

SERIOUS NIGHTS...

:character00115:

Done a lot of thinking about life in general also lately - both, Buddhism emptiness and Eckharte Tolle's (power of now) - kind of philosophies, are really making sense to me at the moment - but it does leave me feeling kind of strange. Eckharte suggests 'no mind' or 'no thinking' that we should just be present - i've been trying it, it's funny how often when you try it, you realise pretty random unhelpful thoughts coming into your mind about some kind of anxiety or past failure. Don't get me wrong, i'm not feeling 'low' - i'm fairly optimistic in general, just kind of feeling 'different' noticing this as I try to spend more time not thinking full stop - and being 'present'... ok enough, crazy rambling - just wanted to give you a quick update on where I'm at with my worldview :D

I am constantly introspecting and have learnt to accept that that is an integral part of weight loss. Its really me attempting to gain insight on the eating and knowing that the weight loss is only a welcome by product. Likewise I do have to agree with myself to be more present in the One day, since that is the only place I am.

I was a bus yesterday going to a meeting, listening to a talk and a buddhist was speaking about the magic of 'just sitting' and remembering or feeling, the truth that one is not ones complusions. I seem to have had this complusion to over eat for so long that I have forgetten what I felt like before it.:eek:

Back