I'm in here somewhere! My CD journey back to me.

People have started asking me about the weight loss, I don't want everyone knowing (mainly because you'll come across those who have their "views") so my simple reply is "eat less, move more" :) and as for family get togethers well there's no way to get around it without telling a little white lie if you don't want anyone knowing.... A lady once told me that at a family get together she said she was ill and didn't feel like eating or having alcohol, so claimed her shake was a vitamin shake to keep her strength up (which isn't much of a lie!) although you can't do that all the time obviously haha so unfortunately you may have to cancel further engagements. Although u could try another trick, if it's a big family gathering wedding/christening/birthday and there's a buffet ect, fill a plate for yourself, let everyone see you choosing food then "accidentally" leave it somewhere! However these are good tricks but usually your only noticing that your not eating because your aware of it, others may not even realise if you don't bring attention to it.

Thanks! That's really useful advice. I guess I will just have to get a little 'creative' in my excuses or practice nonchalantly sliding my plate onto a discrete surface. My family isn't that huge, so it's difficult to disappear into a crowd or go unnoticed. I guess I will just put it down to a new healthy regime and more exercise and possibly the odd dodgy food the night before excuse!

I am on Day 4 too and I've been feeling a little weak today - hoping it will pass! I have been so so so tempted to weigh myself its ridiculous. Don't want to ruin the (hopeful) surprise on Monday!

xx

Hey Shelley,

Just posted on your diary when I saw you were feeling a bit off it. I am fine again now, just having a bit of a downer thinking I won't get a really good week 1 loss, then thinking how many more weeks and months it will take to shift the rest. I know I did this to myself, but as I speak, the thought of any kind of real food with a bit of bite to it is REALLY appealing. Maybe an early night is in order before I give in to temptation aaagh :eatdrink051:

Day 5 and been tough. Not because I am feeling hungry, but simply because I did the weekly shop as I always do and really fancied sitting down tonight for a nice meal and a glass or two of wine with my hubby. I know it would sabotage all my effort so far, so I am avoiding temptation, but I just can't see how I can sustain this for as long as it takes.

This week I had all the new shakes, soups and porridge to try, so what' stops it from getting really monotonous??

Bella*Vida said:
Day 5 and been tough. Not because I am feeling hungry, but simply because I did the weekly shop as I always do and really fancied sitting down tonight for a nice meal and a glass or two of wine with my hubby. I know it would sabotage all my effort so far, so I am avoiding temptation, but I just can't see how I can sustain this for as long as it takes.

This week I had all the new shakes, soups and porridge to try, so what' stops it from getting really monotonous??

I know exactly how you are feeling! I had a knock back from a job I really wanted today - I didn't even get an interview even though I have 4 years experience in what they were looking for! Usually the disappointment could have been soothed with a glass of wine and some nice food, but not being able to do that is rubbish! Plus I have to go out for girls night tonight, really not in the mood and I obviously can't drink either!

All I'm clinging onto is the last weekend of May when I have a festival. If I have dropped between 2 and a half and 3 stone by then I will be having a few diet cokes and vodkas to celebrate! I have another festival at the end of June where I will allow myself some more diet coke and vodka If I get my target! Got a few things planned in between that will hopefully keep my mind busy!

We'll get through it! I'm glad we have really similar goals! I'll tell you what I did today. I really fancied some chocolate so I got a chocolate shake, added a bit of water to just make a thick and smooth paste. Then I got a little baking tray, put some tinfoil on it and spread the chocolate paste in a layer about half a cm thick. Then I freezed it for an hour and a half. Et voila.. Bar of chocolate :D

The ice cubes in my shakes are making the world of difference too!

Soz for the essay haha xxx

Sorry to hear about the job. It is bad enough to get a knock back under normal circumstances. With your experience it will be their loss ha!

Can't believe how creative people can be with the shakes and soups. I am sure I read on here that someone actually made crisps. That would do it for me at the moment, minus the wine of course.

Just duly eaten my porridge and trying not to listen to the voice in my head saying there is no way you will stick to this.

Day 6 today and I am feeling really emotional. I am not sure if it is because it is the weekend. I have had to sit through a breakfast in Costa, watching people eating toadflax and muffins, drinking my black tea. I have then had to sit through a pub lunch with just my shake and yet more black tea.

I am feeling quite resentful and even snappy, which is really not like me. I don't know if it is frustration, or maybe my emotional relationship with food is stronger than I ever would have thought. To be honest I am not quite sure what it is, but I don't want to feel like this for weeks on end. I am still 100% SS, but am finding it really tough today :cry:

Bella*Vida said:
Day 6 today and I am feeling really emotional. I am not sure if it is because it is the weekend. I have had to sit through a breakfast in Costa, watching people eating toadflax and muffins, drinking my black tea. I have then had to sit through a pub lunch with just my shake and yet more black tea.

I am feeling quite resentful and even snappy, which is really not like me. I don't know if it is frustration, or maybe my emotional relationship with food is stronger than I ever would have thought. To be honest I am not quite sure what it is, but I don't want to feel like this for weeks on end. I am still 100% SS, but am finding it really tough today :cry:

Aw that sucks I'm so sorry to hear that :-( I don't think I could sit through a pub lunch so you have amazing willpower! I have odd moments where I really cave something but I just have a cuppa with some sweeteners and that usually makes the cravings go! Try the chocolate trick :) xxx

It was hard I can tell you, especially resisting pinching a chip of the kids plates. My problem is that I am more of a savoury person, so really miss my bread, salty snacks like pretzels, spicy quorn etc. So all these sweet shakes and porridge isn't doing it for me.

Bella*Vida said:
It was hard I can tell you, especially resisting pinching a chip of the kids plates. My problem is that I am more of a savoury person, so really miss my bread, salty snacks like pretzels, spicy quorn etc. So all these sweet shakes and porridge isn't doing it for me.

Ahhhh see I'm all about the sweets and chocolate! I hate the soups and won't be getting any of them next week. I'm also going to get a few tetras cos I'm getting annoyed with consistently washing my blender haha. Might try the butterscotch and toffee shakes as well next week. I find vanilla a bit boring! I'm hoping my CDC will say I can have the bars to mix it up a bit!

Xxx

Started cambridge 6 days ago, already feeling soooo sickly and nauseous from it all. I am on SS+ and the last 2 days I have not been able to face 3 of the packets, they are making me gag, have all varieties. Favorite has to be cappuccino with crushed ice to mimic a lovely costa ice coffee treat. Anyone else feeling sick? I am more of a diet coke person, have had lots of water last few days to try flush this feeling away but its making me want to give up and try something else. Dont want to as Ive bought enough for 2.5 weeks :cry:

Mmmmm, diet coke......was my main drink until I started on SS. Not missing that as much as my food though. I'm not sure whether having something to actually crunch with the bars would make a difference. I was hoping to do 2 weeks on SS without bars to begin with, as I read that was what they recommend. Not sure if that is right or not though?

I really want to lose the weight, but I am struggling so much today and being a bit of a miserable so and so.

Here we go on day 7!

I think it will be a bit easier to do today. No meals out and lots to do to get ready for the week ahead.

Went to bed early in the end last night. I can't remember the last time I did that on a weekend.

Woken up a bit more positive today. Looking forward to weigh in tomorrow morning. I really need the motivation for next week. How are all you other first weekers getting on?

Bella*Vida said:
Here we go on day 7!

I think it will be a bit easier to do today. No meals out and lots to do to get ready for the week ahead.

Went to bed early in the end last night. I can't remember the last time I did that on a weekend.

Woken up a bit more positive today. Looking forward to weigh in tomorrow morning. I really need the motivation for next week. How are all you other first weekers getting on?

Yaaaay we did it and got to day 7! I'm feeling bloody good! The water is having a positive effect on my skin and my energy levels so loving that! The only thing I am missing is diet coke! I used to live on it! I *wish* we could drink it on the plan! I have 2 unused cans in the fridge and they taunt me every time I get my water out! Also can't bear to throw them away haha!

Xxx

Day 7 is going to be a great day! The sun is shining, I'm in ketosis and am getting used to being on CD. I also had a lot of energy yesterday - ended up cleaning the house, working out, taking the dog for a long walk. Today I'll do another long walk but have decided to have a relaxing Sunday. I'm looking forward to a bubble bath later today. :0bathtime:

Hope everyone has a good day and I'm curious to see our first week results.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend! :)

Hi Shelley and Tizzy,

It is so nice we are at the same stage. Feeling a bit more positive this morning. Saved my favourite chilli soup for lunch! Always very busy on Sundays with 3 lots of uniform, sports kit, homework, reading and music practice to get through, and that's just for the kids.

Just realized I have only drunk 1 cup of tea and 500ml water so far today- oops. Baby just going down for a nap so will glug away for a few mins whilst I am on here.

Looking forward to an honest chat with my CDC tomorrow about moving forward and timescales. Are you both sticking to SS until you reach goal or will you go to SS+? I have a couple of celebrations coming up in the next 3 weeks, so will ask how to deal with those too.

Hello. Just found your diary. Sounds like you're doing well and have experienced much of what many on here talk about in their first week. Good luck at your weigh in tomorrow. Mine's in the morning too. I'll pop back on here to see how you've got on .... Bet it's a blinder!

Hi Shelley and Tizzy,

It is so nice we are at the same stage. Feeling a bit more positive this morning. Saved my favourite chilli soup for lunch! Always very busy on Sundays with 3 lots of uniform, sports kit, homework, reading and music practice to get through, and that's just for the kids.

Just realized I have only drunk 1 cup of tea and 500ml water so far today- oops. Baby just going down for a nap so will glug away for a few mins whilst I am on here.

Looking forward to an honest chat with my CDC tomorrow about moving forward and timescales. Are you both sticking to SS until you reach goal or will you go to SS+? I have a couple of celebrations coming up in the next 3 weeks, so will ask how to deal with those too.

I'm not too sure to be honest! I think I will wait until the weigh in, see what the CDC says and go from there! I have had to chicken and an egg a couple of times after workouts, and they weren't all that tbh so I might just do SS for 12 weeks then move up to the next step. 1 week down ;) haha. Bought my scales, they are mentally out. They say I am 10stone9lbs hahaha. I don't know how to fix them! I love them a little bit though.

I am aiming for a loss of 3-4 pounds per week which would take me to a loss of just over a stone each month.

xx

Back