I'm so pleased - I'm a new dress size!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by Bess, 4 April 2009 Social URL.

1. Bess

Bess Plod, plod, plod.....

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    No S ing & sensible eating.
    I've just bought my outfit for my daughter's wedding in 7 weeks in a size 16 and it fits really well!! I've been a size 20 for years! I'm so excited!!!!!
    There are a few 'lumpy bits' but I'm hoping some of those big knicker girdly things will help, can anyone offer advice on which to buy? Of course I've got another 7 weeks to go so hopefully it'll look even better. Just got to find shoes now and maybe a hat........:)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ApplySomePressure

ApplySomePressure Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5.5lb(19.31%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    If you've got 7 weeks to go you might be another size down by then!! Well done! Got no advice on the hold you in pants but i'll be needing some for when i'm a bridesmaid!

4. Katycakes

Katycakes Stubborn tortoise

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.97%)
    Diet:
    Unsure
    Bess, big hugs, so pleased for you! Know the kick you can get from slipping down a size!
    xxx

5. Jaycey

Jaycey Post-Menopausal Maniac!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    The 'Jaycey Diet'!
    They've got some of those hold-in pants in Marks & Sparks which look pretty good (with and without legs) - I should try them, they're always great for lingerie. :)

6. curlywurly1234

curlywurly1234 Cambridge Consultant

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st5lb(42.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Well done thats fab. you must be so happy what a great feeling.. You will feel so lovely for your daughters wedding..
    They sell some called Magic knickers they are good.. or spanx are also good too...
    Keep smiling. x

7. Angela83

Angela83 Silver Member

Hi, well done! I like my marks&sparks ones they're by no means attractive-look like cycling shorts! Have you seen Gok Wans range? I like the purple nice corset-ey all in one thing.

8. leona

leona Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(19.35%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Well done Bess,that's brilliant! You must be delighted :)

9. ginstar

ginstar Member

Diet:
    CD
    fantastic, well done!!! M&S do a fab range but I have discovered that George in Asda do the same range of "suck me in" underwear at a fraction of the price!! fantastic!

10. tillyfloss

tillyfloss Gold Member

Well done! I have a size 16 dress in my wardrobe never worn but I have resisted the urge to get rid! I have been a size 20/22 for years and can't beleive you have gone down that fast in such a short time!
    Wow!
    As for pants, I have some gok wan under bust to above knee pants.. not very sexy looking but they smooth beautifully and have crotch opening so it doesnt take 30 mins to have a wee :)

11. k8te

k8te Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st9.6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.1%)
    Diet:
    exante
    Congratulations on your weight loss and going down the sizes:talk017:, when i was trying to find some to wear under my wedding dress i tried quite a few on, i found the best to be Asda ones, have heard spanx are amazing though! I would keep the tags on your suit though as in 7 weeks it may be hanging off you def if you have suck me in knickers on ;)

12. ginge1976

ginge1976 Member

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    19st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Well done you, it's a good feeling isn't it. Had a christening a few weeks ago and was in the same size as you. Had a party last night and wore the same thing and wish i'd got it in a different size as it was baggy!! So keep the tags on your outfit and make sure that you can take it back if you have too.

13. efk

efk Full Member

Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Extra Easy
    Well done that's fantastic - size 16! Spanx are meant to be really good and TK Maxx always have control undies. I had an under-dress shaper from Primark, it was like wearing a giant elastic condom but made my dress sit lovely. I think that was about £7.

14. Slimoncemore

Slimoncemore Wants to be slim!

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(19.44%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Well done - it's a great feeling to drop a size. I agree with the others though...you may be a size smaller by the wedding so keep the tags on the dress!

15. Bess

Bess Plod, plod, plod.....

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    No S ing & sensible eating.
    Thanks so much everyone, I'll try all the places for 'hold me in knickers' that you suggest.
    Wow! I hadn't really thought about getting much smaller in 7 weeks. I think the dress would still look ok if I was a 14 and I don't plan on getting smaller than that - I'm 50 and don't want to look scrawny! I'd rather be a little bit fat than scraggy and too wrinkly, so we'll have to see! The jacket may be too big though..............:D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.