Im starting Attack Phase tomorrow

Neda

Hi lovely ladies and gentlemen

Ive just had all my food delivered and im ready to start tomorrow!

Im so excited and love this site - it has a really family and supportive feel!

Does anyone want to start with me on Sunday on the Dukan journey?

Ive got to do the Attack phase for 3 days - any tips?

Weight loss here i come ..... lol

Hi Neda, welcome to the forum. it's pretty quiet round here on a weekend but there'll be more going on come monday.

Have you got your oatbran? Would be good if you could fill in your stats on the user CP so we can see how much you've got to lose etc. Also feel free to start a diary on the diary section and post your daily menus on the menu thread so we can help you keep track, especially whilst you're on attack. Have you been on the dukan website to work out your true weight and tell you how long to do attack for?

Hi Emma

Thanks so much for your reply.

Yes ive got the important Oatbran.

I will def put my stats on etc.

The Dukan site says ive got to be on attack for 3 days as ive got half a stone to loose.

Im super excited and love this site - its got such a positive feel!!

Wish me luck x

I'm sorry but are your stats correct? If you are currently 99 lbs you can't possible need to lose anything, surely? What is your BMI?

Hi, Neda. Lovely to meet you.

I hope you don't mind me saying this, but you're already at a very low weight at only 7st and I understand that your target is 6st 6lb. I know from experience that short height and fine body frame can make a difference, but that sounds dangerously low.

Unless you're quite a bit under 5ft, I would strongly recommend that you don't lose any more weight.

As I say, I really hope you won't take offence, but I'd hate to see you ruin your health.

Hi Girls

Thank you for your sweet and caring posts.

Yes as you guessed i am super petite hence the need to lose the extra pounds.

On the Dukan site its suggested i do the attack phase for 3 days and the cruise phase for 24 days etc

Today has been first day and its been ok - but i find the evenings the time in which i totally ruin any eating plan.

Seems once baby is in bed and me and hubby are on the sofa i seem to lose all self control!!

I hope you are all having a great sunday and thanks againfor the caring posts ...

n x

I'd still not advise this sort of diet for just 7lbs... the consolidation and stabilisation phases will be too short to properly reintegrate the food groups you'll be depriving yourself off, so I fear yoyoing...

Truly - don't go the low carb route for just 7lbs...

Sorry!

Hi Maintainer

Thank you for your post and advise.

What do you advise me to do in order to lose the lbs?

Thanks

How old is your baby? You mention evenings being a problem time for you, so you perhaps need to look at your food intake over the day to ensure you've had enough earlier to not crave later (if that makes any sense). Or even it could just be a "habit" to break and if you could get yourself through a few evenings (go for a walk, have a bath, paint your nails... anything to break it), you'll be fine. With the nicer weather upon us, and longer evenings too, perhaps some gardening (aka "distraction therapy"!).

I use it a lot myself. If all those ideas fail, then add a protein snack mid evening. A nice plump (skinless) chicken leg to gnaw on, or even a boiled egg. (Typical Dukan advice!)

So what's a typical day's food intake for you at the moment Neda?

Neda - how old is the baby?
I ask because disturbed sleep cause weight gain.
You may find it easier to tackle those few pounds once he/she is sleeping through the night.

I second what people are saying about not using the Dukan diet; the attack stage is not so much about the weight loss that occurs (nice though that is) so much as firing up the engine which will steadily burn up fat over the next few months in cruise. Its a big change to put your body through, particularly when overshooting would put your health at risk, and possibly start a yo-yo-ing pattern.

Hi Girls

Baby is 2 now and you are correct in that she is no longer sleeping through the night.

Our nanny had her in a great routine but after a bout of flu we made the HUGE mistake in bringing her into our bed for comfort and its all gone down the drain.

We are currently working on getting back to routine .. fingers cross!!!

Yes you are correct i am definately not eating enough during the day - a typical day would be as follows:-

Morning :- Fat free yogurt and skinny latte

Lunch usually 3 ish - 2 boiled eggs or chicken fillets with skinny latte

Dinner usually 6ish - chicken vegs etc .

I have already broken the Dukan - Again it was in the evening.

I really like the "distraction therapy ideas" - thank you x

You ladies are so knowlegable do think i should try again on Dukan or should i do a low calorie diet.

Thank you again for your helpful and genuine caring posts x

I'd be gentle with yourself, and concentrate on helping your daughter - and therefore yourself - get plenty of rest and sleep, before you worry about your weight.

I have some personal experience; last year, for various reasons, my sleep was severely disturbed for about 40 day. I put on 10 lbs in weight in that same period.

Back