In 2 minds

festivalfairy

Finally a size 12!
Well I wanna get back on LT to shift another stone to get to my size 10s so my friend who was on LT with me whos off it and has piled the pounds back on is not too pleased with me going back on. She says im gonna look gaunt but im not happy and wanna shift more weight.

Why cant people be supportive my fella says do what makes me happy and he'll tell me when I look gaunt ha ha ha ha (im a size 12/14 at the mo so gaunt is soooooooo far from what i am now)

Dunno what to do :(

Well I wanna get back on LT to shift another stone to get to my size 10s so my friend who was on LT with me whos off it and has piled the pounds back on is not too pleased with me going back on. She says im gonna look gaunt but im not happy and wanna shift more weight.

Why cant people be supportive my fella says do what makes me happy and he'll tell me when I look gaunt ha ha ha ha (im a size 12/14 at the mo so gaunt is soooooooo far from what i am now)

Dunno what to do :(

People can have all sorts of reasons for saying the things they say. My advice to you would be to do what is right for you and try not to listen to others. We all know in our hearts when we feel comfortable.

xx

this is a toughie, but in my experience this sort of advice is said when people are jealous. I know when i got down to a size 12 years ago i was told not to lose anymore as i would be too thin, absolute rubbish, when i see the pics i can see that i could quite easily and healthily lost another stone!

On the other hand you need to work out if being a size 10 at your height is healthy (eg: if you are 6ft it may be too small) but if its going to be a healthy size and you are going to be happy then i say go for it hun!

u have to choose what is right for u hun. my oh too said hed tell me when i look gaunt,im now a size 8 and not looking gaunt but i know for me im where i want to be, and am doing refeed!!

only u can make the chice right for u xxx

Hi Joanna, we're the same height and currently about the same BMI. I also wear size 12/14. I have just restarted TFR and I'm now on day 4. Last time I started from size 16/18 (BMI 29~something) and told everyone and they were supportive. When I lost 3 stone people said I had lost enough weight and it was time to stop. That, combined with getting a bit tired of it, made me stop at 11 weeks and 5.5kg (approx. 1 stone) over target at a BMI of 23~something. 4 months later my BMI is back up to 24~something and I can feel the fat back around my tummy. Bearing in mind that overweight starts from a BMI of 25, I would rather get my BMI down to about 20/21 -still within the healthy range. This time I have told no-one but my husband.
Joanna, you decide what would suit you best.

When you lose weight on a vlcd your body takes time to catch up with your weight loss(up to 6 months ) .If you have had a bit to loss it could be that you look gaunt as your body is catching up ,be honest with yourself when you feel right not what size clothes you take .xx

Hiya
Its all about how you feel ive lost 3st and feel quite comfortable in my skin however i have decided to loose another 2st and mentioned this to some 'friends' OMG you would have thought I had told thme something really bad the comments ranged from great to oh no you'll look ill
so you decided ignore the comments and when you feel happy inside thats your ideal weight

all the best

xx Sharron

Thanks Girls think im gonna go chemist tomorrow and re start really wanna shift this last stone and half and im inpatient ha ha ha xx

Also decided im gonna quit smoking as well :) wow im on a roll ha ha ha ha ha x

I think that you've got to do what you think. it will probably be maintaining it thats the problem, so if you can do that I cant see there's a problem. Smoking as well, you dont do things by half!!

Goodluck.XX:)

Good luck with the smoking - its a good one to quit :)

Your fella is right - do what makes U happy, not anyone else.
And if u want to lose that stone and get into those size 10 jeans then thats your choice and noone elses business.
Good luck - youll lose it in no time

Back