In group yappers!

kingleds said:
Even if he does he'd be welcome at my group. A few weeks ago we had 3 toddlers, a newborn baby & 2 dogs at our group. The consultant asks if anyone minds, no one does, so its all good. They are all well behaved & their parents/owners take them outside if they become annoying. The dogs tends to get passed betwen the dog lovers for fuss & attention, which I personally love.

Shall update you on how it goes when someone brings their tyrannosaurus to group :)

Oh wow loving the inclusiveness of your group sounds fab :)

According to Wikipedia, the Tyrannosaurus was up to 40ft long, up to 13ft high, and up to 7.5 tons in weight. Which would make us all feel positively slender. I vote for one at every group!!

AnnaFaraday said:
According to Wikipedia, the Tyrannosaurus was up to 40ft long, up to 13ft high, and up to 7.5 tons in weight. Which would make us all feel positively slender. I vote for one at every group!!

Yeah but the b*tch would get sotw every week :)

AnnaFaraday said:

Imagine the poop!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I am so glad its just not me. I have just joined a group and at my first class , if a yapper and friend didn't choose me to sit next to!!! All the way through yap yap yap, and not even talking about the reason we're all sat there! And if that wasn't bad enough on two occasions one started to whistle ! I mean come on, if people get bored and don't want to be there then leave so the rest of us have half a chance of getting the hints and tips to help us on our way.

Oh - oh - got a new couple of yappers this week and I had the misfortune to be sat in front of them.

Thankfully, they dont stay that often but I couldn't quite believe how loud they were and how one of them even called over to another member about something whilst someone else was having their turn to speak!

There was a lot of yapping in my new group last night, the C actually commented on it. It seemed about 8 people were conversing together on one side of the room... throughly frustrating for the people trying to talk

Interestingly there was hardly anyone at our group this week but it still seemed really noisy. The social team seemed to be having a social event behind the C! Doesn't bother me as much any more cos I've got used to it though I still think its quite rude!

I was really pissed this week when my consultant asked what I'd did differently this week and as I was explaining she started yapping on to one of the kids there and didnt take in a word of what I said!

jezzi999 said:
It's one of the main reasons I don't go to group (apart from none of the sessions fitting around my working hours!).

I'm hard of hearing and it would be completely pointless. I'm normally fine at work, and I lip read to a fair degree (some colleagues I work with for years didn't even realise how bad my hearing loss was until one day they spoke to me from behind), but need subtitles for tv and can't hear anything in crowds or with background noise.

Do you not wear hearing aids? They're really discreet now x

Back