In group yappers!

A tad off topic but was wondering what your consultants actually spend IT doing? The one in the group I joined went through her wee hand held display and called out people's names..mentioned if they lost (for which we had to clap and I died a little inside) or if they gained and then asked them how their week was. Is that all IT is?

Yep thats basically it.

I still cringe almost 17weeks on lol.

Also, I thought 'Image Therapy' may be a bit more of a chat about why we overeat, discuss recipes etc...
Was very disappointed when I realised that its just list of who's lost what

Does anyone else feel the same or is it just me? X

Yep thats basically it.

I still cringe almost 17weeks on lol.

Also, I thought 'Image Therapy' may be a bit more of a chat about why we overeat, discuss recipes etc...
Was very disappointed when I realised that its just list of who's lost what

Does anyone else feel the same or is it just me? X

It's not just a list. It's chance to discuss what's gone well, not so well and what you might have tried that week.

I have to admit I was disappointed with the content of Image Therapy on Wed as it did just seem to be a list and when asking how their week was they either said, yeh I stuck to plan or no I didn't and the consultants response was pretty much either keep at it or back on plan next week. I shall remain hopeful for this week.

Yeah our C has the same reponses. She just asks if we're happy with our loss, if we're not -why?, and how much do we want to lose next week. That's it

I can see your point, but the children aren't actually there as members, are they? Does that mean members could bring their dogs along, even if they barked throughout the meeting? Some dogs are very nervous if left on their own, and it wouldn't be fair to SW members to have to miss meetings because of peoples' prejudices against their pets.

I have to say this is the most ridiculous comparison I have ever seen.
Children can not be left alone as it is unsafe and against the law. Pets on the other hand are often left alone and there are no law's to say you can't leave a pet alone.

A tad off topic but was wondering what your consultants actually spend IT doing? The one in the group I joined went through her wee hand held display and called out people's names..mentioned if they lost (for which we had to clap and I died a little inside) or if they gained and then asked them how their week was. Is that all IT is?

This is pretty much what happens in mine? X

I feel the same as you StarGir1 - SW is an amazing plan and works for me and some people have an amazing rapport with their C - unfotunately I don't have that and would love to find a group with a really supportive C.

I get along really well with some of the others in my class and like to see them do well, and I always stay to group but I wish it was a bit more informative.

My friend used to do SW and went to another group - her C used to call/text at least once a week to see how she was getting on. I have never spoken to my C outside of group - I've text her once or twice.but had no reply.

I'm passionate about the plan and bore everyone I know with how good it is, so why can't my C also be enthusiastic?

She often makes me feel guilty for having good losses and has made comments like 'oh, its you again' when I win SOTW - it makes me feel very uncomfortable

I feel the same, all my C does is read off everyones gain or loss from her hand held thing and then do a raffle.

There is no support, ideas etc and I feel like there could be so much but our C seems uninterested, she doesn't even offer support out of group and recently changed the venue for a week and didn't even contact the members who hadn't made group the week before! I

t is meant to start at 7 but people seem to turn up between 7 and 7.30 for WI which means group always over runs, does this happen at other groups? This is as bad a the yappers for me as I am very particular about time keeping but luckily a new group opened closer to me and at a better time last week so from next week I am going to try that one as I read on here about how good some groups and C's are I want to find one like that too :)

I don't want this to sound like too much of a moan as I really do belive in SW so I will stick with it no matter what x

Ask your consultant for the group schedule. Weigh in is normally 30 mins then images therapy is an hour. So 90 mins all together if you get there for opening time. Some folk like to turn up early for the social side and some turn up at 28 mns past to weigh and sit down.

My C is the same she ignores you if you text her and she doesn't even like it if you try to talk to her in group!! I think she needs to think about getting a new job haha

Is there any way of you getting to the group your friend went to? She should never make you feel like that, you should be getting encouraged and congratulated and supported by your C afterall you are doing very well. I know I am quite excited to be trying a new group to see if it's better as, like we both know, SW plan is great.

I think this is a good point you make but even our C comments on how late some people are as she is often ready to start as they're still coming in but they are delaying it so it's getting on for 9 by time we get out and from about 8 there are people walking out as it's getting too late

At the group I go to weigh in shuts dead on the half hour and late comes get weighed after IT.

Unfortunately, I am one of the annoying mothers who brings my baby to class. He's 6 months old and is very well behaved (apart from the odd gurgle, giggle or shout now and then). Frankly, I don't care if the other members are put off by him being there and I certainly won't be 'finding a babysitter or different class' to keep them happy :)

I find IT quite boring at times. I think it would be much more beneficial to ask the group if there is anyone who feels particularly happy/unhappy with their outcome that week. Then we'd have more time to discuss recipes, body magic, special offers etc. I stay in the hope that someone will come up with something different that particular week.

My C is the same she ignores you if you text her and she doesn't even like it if you try to talk to her in group!! I think she needs to think about getting a new job haha

Is there any way of you getting to the group your friend went to? She should never make you feel like that, you should be getting encouraged and congratulated and supported by your C afterall you are doing very well. I know I am quite excited to be trying a new group to see if it's better as, like we both know, SW plan is great.

My friend used to weigh in lunchtime at work but due to the nature of my job I can't always get my lunch at the same time on that particular day so have to WI after work.

I hope your new group goes well! X

I find IT quite boring at times. I think it would be much more beneficial to ask the group if there is anyone who feels particularly happy/unhappy with their outcome that week. Then we'd have more time to discuss recipes, body magic, special offers etc. I stay in the hope that someone will come up with something different that particular week.

Good idea!

I take my daughter to class with me. 3/4 weeks I don't stay as I don't want her to have to listen to 'diet' talk too much (she is 10) but 1/4 weeks I stay and she brings her iPad and headphones!

I think it's so rude when others are yapping in other people's image therapy. Consultant was really good at quieting them down but it seemed so unfair in those who couldn't get a word in. It was so busy at group though maybe 60+ people were there yesterday so group size must be a factor xxx

I have to take my 3yo to group - this week she was a nightmare but only because she wanted to join in with all the clapping!! I don't have a choice, later meetings mean she would be in bed and even though our venue is only round the corner I can't very well leave her on her own! And noone to babysit for an hour. If a few people can't tolerate an excited toddler for an hour that makes me sad.

As for IT surely you get out what you put in? I enjoy listening to what people have done right or wrong so that i can copy/avoid in the future or offer advice. If you're unhappy with the way IT is run could you not chat with your C? And ask if you could discuss xyz one week? Don't get if you don't ask.

I think i must be lucky as my C is so passionate about the plan and in IT he goes through everyones losses/gains and those people who have had a loss he will ask us if there was a new recipe we tried out or new exercise and people who have had a gain he asks if everything is ok and then he will make a point of text or calling them the week after.
Because of this our meeting doesnt end on time as we are still talking but no one seems to mind.
We do have a couple of yappers but my C just says "Sorry I cant hear ....." with a little glare lol and that soon shuts them up!
This is the 4th group I have joined and i was nervous with it being a bloke being the C but it is by fair the best group I have attended!!

Back