In search of the skinny girl...

Ooh fab my friend has I believe the same job she does training for an energy company too and goes away to teach or courses etc,

£25 food/drink allowance wow that's fab and you can get a lot of food even if I was on my own I am not sure if I could resist the temptation so well done that u can.

I live in Staffordshire but I am a welsh girl from the "valleys" although moved up here when I was 13(my mum met and married my step dad) so have got a little accent I am told although family in Wales say I sound English :)

I met my husband when I was 17 so that's how I stayed up here. I am 25 and work part time as I am a proud mummy to a 19 month old princess haha :) x

are the valleys south wales? I'm useless with geography and stuff!!! I can't imagine having kids and stuff - I can barely look after myself!!! I bet she's gorgeous though and makes every day worth it!
x

I was on a night out not so long ago, and I felt highly unattractive. I felt surrounded by slim, beautiful, perfectly dressed people. Who were mostly a few years younger than me too. I take a lot of pride in my appearance and on a night out, I won't go out unless I'm happy with how I look. It's not a vanity thing - it's a confidence thing. I'm only doing it for myself, not anyone else.

So anyway, I went out and I felt really good this particular evening, but started to feel awful once I was out. Unattractive. Fat. Felt like I was in clothes that didn't fit right. I excused myself at this point in the evening in order to go to the ladies. Whilst washing my hands I looked at myself in the mirror and was startled by what I saw.

What I saw was actually quite an attractive person. Not as fat as I was somehow envisaging. And my clothes fit fine!

Why I'm telling you this story, is because I don't know about you but I forget how I've changed. Since my first go on SW I've lost a stone, which makes quite a big difference. I'm so tough on myself and I forget just how tough I am sometimes.

In all honesty, the only thing that's getting in my way is my self-confidence. The funny thing is, I have bags of it. Until I start comparing myself to other people. I know I persistently talk about zumba, however in that class I have bags of confidence and really go for it. When I get dressed in the morning or for a night out - yeah I'm not happy about my size, but I feel better in the knowledge that I'm doing something about it, and I feel good about myself. I would never have me down as some stunner, but I don't think I'm bad looking and I'm a damn sight better than I was at school and the first year of college, when I had short hair, which always somehow ended up looking very unfeminine due to my lack of skill with my hair, I had glasses, I was still quite useless with make-up, I hadn't yet worked out my clothing style, and was a stick insect!!! Back then I hadn't learned that pale is the new tanned and was uncomfortable with my pastiness and freckles.

So the point is, why are we so tough on ourselves? And maybe we just need to look in the mirror - take ourselves at face value and realise that we're not as bad as we sometimes get into our head that we are!

Every day, (usually at work) there is something to resist - more often than not, Krispy Kremes. So, I'm going to start letting you know of things that I avoid as well! Just for a laugh, and also as a reminder to myself what I CAN avoid!

But, for now, today's food diary :)

Breakfast - Wholemeal Roll (HEXB), with lean bacon and "fried" egg, Banana

Lunch - Low Fat Syn Free Noodles with lean ham stirred in, grapes

Dinner - Quesadilla (9.5 syns but so worth it!!!) with Cheese (HEXA) and (more!) ham, SW chips and corn on the cob on the side

Other Syns: Kellogs Fruit Winder - 3.5syns

Total Syns - 13
Exercise - 60 mins Zumba :)
Resisted - Popcorn at the cinema (or any cinema related food for that matter!)

I've also forward planned for the week, and avoiding syns as much as poss due to a hen do next weekend. Although this hen-do is just being based at the bride to be's house and we're all taking along our favourite dinner to share with everyone. Fortunately, a fair few of us will be making SW teas. I'm thinking I might take the syn free prawn paella :) just trying to work out how it would handle being eaten cold? May substitute the prawns for chicken and lean bacon.

joanna25 said:
I was on a night out not so long ago, and I felt highly unattractive. I felt surrounded by slim, beautiful, perfectly dressed people. Who were mostly a few years younger than me too. I take a lot of pride in my appearance and on a night out, I won't go out unless I'm happy with how I look. It's not a vanity thing - it's a confidence thing. I'm only doing it for myself, not anyone else.

So anyway, I went out and I felt really good this particular evening, but started to feel awful once I was out. Unattractive. Fat. Felt like I was in clothes that didn't fit right. I excused myself at this point in the evening in order to go to the ladies. Whilst washing my hands I looked at myself in the mirror and was startled by what I saw.

What I saw was actually quite an attractive person. Not as fat as I was somehow envisaging. And my clothes fit fine!

Why I'm telling you this story, is because I don't know about you but I forget how I've changed. Since my first go on SW I've lost a stone, which makes quite a big difference. I'm so tough on myself and I forget just how tough I am sometimes.

In all honesty, the only thing that's getting in my way is my self-confidence. The funny thing is, I have bags of it. Until I start comparing myself to other people. I know I persistently talk about zumba, however in that class I have bags of confidence and really go for it. When I get dressed in the morning or for a night out - yeah I'm not happy about my size, but I feel better in the knowledge that I'm doing something about it, and I feel good about myself. I would never have me down as some stunner, but I don't think I'm bad looking and I'm a damn sight better than I was at school and the first year of college, when I had short hair, which always somehow ended up looking very unfeminine due to my lack of skill with my hair, I had glasses, I was still quite useless with make-up, I hadn't yet worked out my clothing style, and was a stick insect!!! Back then I hadn't learned that pale is the new tanned and was uncomfortable with my pastiness and freckles.

So the point is, why are we so tough on ourselves? And maybe we just need to look in the mirror - take ourselves at face value and realise that we're not as bad as we sometimes get into our head that we are!

Just reading this makes me realise how similar we are in terms of lack of self confidence. I can tell you exactly at what point this happened...when I got pregnant and had lost the control over my weight...prior to this I had bags of it loved going out was super confident like you, but for me knowing I am not super model like gorg but looking in the mirror and liking what I saw.

The last time I attempted to go out it was such a huge deal at Xmas my mate came over we got ready I was feeling fat and not into it...I lasted an hour up town and came home, got undressed and pigged out on buffet food (as it was Xmas left over food) sometimes my lack of confidence is frustrating not only to my husband but to myself as well... Sometimes I just think grrrr when am I actually going to be self and body confident?? :-(

joanna25 said:
are the valleys south wales? I'm useless with geography and stuff!!! I can't imagine having kids and stuff - I can barely look after myself!!! I bet she's gorgeous though and makes every day worth it!
x

Yes it's south Wales hun :) she's a beauty and she's soooo entertaining. Just been asking her what do lions do, what do elephants do etc and she makes the noises it's very cute :) x

awww cute!! I've just got a needy cat who walks all over my keyboard while I'm trying to type to put up with!!!

as for my other post - it is exactly that. Being happy what's in the mirror. We've all got different reasons and different triggers to what makes us feel inadequate/lacking in confidence and I guess realising what put us there and makes us feel like it is half the battle.

You will feel comfortable again one day. One of my friends felt how you're describing. Her son is two and in an attempt to make herself feel better she had one of those photo shoots that's not glamour modelling, but there's lingerie shots and she's had an artistic nude shot done (where the way the light falls, you don't actually see any of THOSE parts). She looks amazing and she feels much better about herself. Maybe it's worth treating yourself to something like that when you reach target?

xx

Just weighed in at work and put a lb on this weekend?? feel soooo horrible and like i could cry :cry:

dont know how it has happened as i hae been super food and loaded up on the super free fruit/veg and only had 5 syns a day... not happy at all wanted to get to my weight before my holiday for this wedding on saturday

Don't worry Hun and DON'T cry. We all have our setbacks and our bodies work in weird ways. You might find that next week you see the difference while your body catches up with itself. I found when I did sw previously if I had a bad week, I'd think I'd gotten away with it and the week after it'd catch up and I really believe the same thing happens the other way round! It's not TOTM or anything is it? x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Todays food diary :)

Breakfast - raspberries, blackberries with a muller light

Lunch - half a pack of savoury rice with tuna greenbeans and sweetcorn

Dinner - prawn noodles with green beans, chilli and carrots

Extra Syns - fruit winder 3.5

TOTAL SYNS - 3.5
EXERCISE - 60mins Body Pump
WHAT I'VE AVOIDED!! - Biscuits

You'll notice my lunches will be some what repetitive but that's fine and works for me :)

I've also switched from a packet of savoury rice for lunch with tuna, to half a pack and bulking it out with green beans and sweetcorn so that I get some more superfree into my diet....lets hope it makes a difference!!!

I ended up having a sneaky syn overload yesterday, which included an extra fruit winder (3.5) two squares of White choc (3 syns) and a small lump of leftover cheese (which I'm estimating at about 6 syns!) so that was 12.5 extra. NAUGHTY!!!! oh well. Making up for it today by going mostly syn free. It doesn't worry me mistakes like that this early in the week because it's repairable. It's when the damage is done on a Saturday with a Sunday weigh in!!!

Don't worry Hun and DON'T cry. We all have our setbacks and our bodies work in weird ways. You might find that next week you see the difference while your body catches up with itself. I found when I did sw previously if I had a bad week, I'd think I'd gotten away with it and the week after it'd catch up and I really believe the same thing happens the other way round! It's not TOTM or anything is it? x

Do you think? i hope so...just want to feel good in my dress this saturday.

and yes i am just started this morning...do you think that could be it? is it true you hold more weight when its TOTM??

thanks for the support hun :grouphugg:

It varies from person to person but I think it's absolutely true!

And you're very welcome :) that's the point of the forum xx

Tea :)

Nom nom nom....

Thank you. I have chilled out a bit since this morning... Was sitting at my desk all upset but picked myself back up and will carry on. :)

I don't know whether it could be the soup?? Too much of it? It is packed full of Kidney beans, baked beans, lentils etc

I avoided it today for lunch so I had a fat free chilli noodles and on top I added my veggie Bol (courgettes, White/red onion peppers, mushrooms,garlic,tomatoes - super free foods) So I think so far I could have either a green or a EE day?
X

i don't understand the red green malarkey.....but yes you could have def have had an EE day...........

glad you're feeling better hun :)

no idea about the soup.....beans are meant to be free...if you're doing it on EE are you getting enough superfree and speed?
xx

Weird....I know I must stop obsessively weighing myself but I can't help it...weighed myself this morning before eating anything and after doing the "essentials" and had put on a lb overnight. Weighed myself again this evening and weighed the same as this morning. Body works in strange ways......

In fact. Must stop being obsessed full stop. I'm posting on here far too much!!!

joanna25 said:
Weird....I know I must stop obsessively weighing myself but I can't help it...weighed myself this morning before eating anything and after doing the "essentials" and had put on a lb overnight. Weighed myself again this evening and weighed the same as this morning. Body works in strange ways......

In fact. Must stop being obsessed full stop. I'm posting on here far too much!!!

No don't stop posting here :) it's good as it helps you stick to plan and you get so much support on MM's

But I def weight myself top much... New target Is to try and stop and only weigh myself once a week x

Yes I think so this soup is the one on the recipe thread which is full of super speed veg to spend up metabolism but if it ain't working I won't carry it on everyday cause frankly it's awful lol and has given me a bad belly :-( x

Good idea to stop it. I think our body starts reacting to things differently too. At the moment my lunch everyday works, but I'm dreading having to find something else if if I start to plateau. My current one is so easy to make in the morning in between of blow drying and straightening the hair!!!

haha!!! Good luck with weighing once a week!!! I have no control for that kind of thing. Although I have lost half a pound this week. Although try not to get too excited!!! Only two days in....

In other news, can actually walk after last nights body pump which is a massive improvement on last week so may have to do something gym related this evening....maybe some aerobics....

Have a good day Hun :) (foodwise and in general!!!)
Jx

Don't you dare stop posting! If it helps keep you on the straight & narrow, keep posting! And I enjoy reading your diary ;-)

I know what you mean about the weighing. I weighed myself on Sunday then felt gutted cos I didn't seem to have lost anything at all and I have stuck to plan 100%. Anyway have kept going & made a conscious decision NOT to get back on the scales, hence I am now dreading the scales in half an hour's time

Like Laura, I'm due on & it has always affected me before when dieting so this is probably the reason but I know I'm gonna be gutted if I don't loose or, even worse, I gain :-( Who'd be female, eh?

Hope you have a good day

Rebecca
x

Back